Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by DillyDolly
So if there's still an Italian-American organized crime presence in Kansas City, I know there's DEFINITELY something still going on in Chicago.

The mob in KC is nothing more than a gambling ring,yes there are men that have the same surnames of historical members but that isnt enought.

-------
I don't know that I'd agree with that assessment Furio. They got pinched FOR running a gambling ring. That doesn't mean thats their only racket. And so what if it is?

If "made" guys are involved. And there's even a handful them. Which they're obviously are. Plus a small crew of associates around them. That could constitute a "regime." No??

They would/could/might be similar to the Lou Morici/Frank Corbi regime that operated in the City of Baltimore for decades. They were a formal, recognized regime of the larger NYC based Anastasia/Gambino Family. Morici/Corbi were the succeeding capos of the city. There was NO entire borgata per se.

But this single "regime" of the Gambino Family, who had sole mafia control over the entire city of Baltimore.

Nowadays in KC, it may very well be the same scenario. These people may operate independently. Or they could now be "coming into" a larger borgata such as Detroit. Or one of the NYC borgatas who currently "service" them as its called.

The scenario I just presented is a VERY, VERY, real possibility. Especially in light of the current state of CN in this country.