Originally Posted by Hollander
Seems Franco Salvatore Montagna was also an important player, a native of Alcamo and brother of Sal Montagna, affiliated to the New York Bonanno family and murdered on November 24, 2011 in Montreal . They aimed at new investments in the gaming sector.

A little more info.....

https://livesicilia.it/2019/11/06/c...-e-usa-quel-giorno-che-ammazzarono-cali/

LiveSicilia.it / Provinces / Agrigento / Mafia contacts between Sicily and the US That day they killed Calì
Mafia contacts between Sicily and the USA
That day they killed Calì

The murder of Frank Calì on March 13, 2019
Business in progress for the boss of Sciacca Accursio Dimino and the bag holder Antonello Nicosia

by Riccardo Lo Verso

PALERMO - They wanted to move to America. Accursio Dimino and Antonino Nicosia maintained the communication channel with some emigrated mafia members. They aimed at the slot machine business “in California or Texas or some other place - said the bag holder - we don't necessarily have to do it in New York… in Canada, can't you prepare for Canada? There are those of Cattolica Eraclea ”.

Among the American contacts of the two arrested on Monday were Sergio Gucciardi and Stefano Turriciano , "originally from Castellammare - reads the provision - but mostly residing in the United States and from the information acquired by the judicial police, was checked in 2007 at the airport of Palermo, with Franco Salvatore Montagna, a native of Alcamo and brother of Sal Montagna, as a well-known affiliate of the New York family of the Bonanno and murdered on November 24, 2011 in Montreal ”.

According to Leonardo Zinna, another character from Sciacca who peeps into wiretapping, Gucciardi was even affiliated with the Cosa Nostra by Accursio Dimino, who would have "baptized" him

Dimino was willing to do anything to leave Sicily , even to be a paid killer: "Otherwise I will tell him if there is any need to coax someone, I will tell him give me the money and I'll take care of it". Dimino after "twenty years in prison" would have liked to carve out a role in the American mafia. In fact, on May 15, 2018 Dimino and Nicosia left for the United States of America, where they remained for about a month.

Sometimes it was Gucciardi who showed up. On 14 March 2019 the "environmental" installed in Massimiliano Mandracchia's fruit and vegetable kiosk, another stopped in the blitz, recorded the arrival of Leonardo Zinna. "There is someone who wants to talk to him," Gucciardi said.

Really disturbing ”wrote Palermo prosecutors Paolo Guido, Calogero Ferrara and Francesca Dessì who on March 14th Frank Calì, of the Italian-American Gambino mafia family, was murdered in New York. Calì was in close contact with Zinna who that day had refused any contact with Gucciardi.

Zinna believed that Cali had been killed for a settling of scores: “… who knows what they've done… do you know how many fall if it's not as they say? If he's in the family then… do I have to remind you of everything?… He's the one who came to sleep there in your mother's house… with Gianni Gambino's son do you remember when they came with my (nephew) Nik? ”.

A few months ago it was discovered that Cali's murder had thrown Tommaso Inzerillo, boss of Passo di Rigano into a panic, before it was discovered that the killer had acted for sentimental reasons. Inzerillo feared that it was the beginning of a feud: "... but we have to remove this doubt as soon as possible ... ask before I give him the ticket, I'll let him go ... I have to remove this doubt because ... or not? We can't stay with these ... ".

Tensions subsided when the killer of the boss was arrested. It was a young man, Anthony Comello, who hit him in front of the Stane Island villa because Cali had not given the wealth to the relationship between the 24-year-old and his niece, daughter of the boss's brother. The contacts between the Sicilian mafia and the Italian Americans, who escaped during the mafia war of the Eighties, are always alive.