Kay did bring Michael's [two] children into this world!

Originally Posted by The Last Woltz
I also think it's highly unlikely that there was an actual divorce or any kind of formal visitation agreement. Michael would never have allowed his personal affairs to be aired in court.
Sure thing Woltz “Michael would never have allowed his personal affairs to be aired in court” as Michael would “use all his power to keep something like that from happening”

How did Kay get the kids?
Originally Posted by Lana
I doubt there would have been any divorce/child custody hearing [Kay didn't seem to have any visitation rights even] in Godfather 2 as Michael would “use all his power to keep something like that from happening”

If Michael knew Kay was visiting the children, why was Connie desperately hurrying Kay to leave because Michael was coming?

What more could Michael have done in front of the children and Connie “than close a door in Kay's face”?

I believe whatever arrangements made, would have all been on Michael's terms until Michael entrusted! the children's education to Kay

We are none the wiser when Kay got the children nor when Michael and Kay divorced All we know is -

How did Kay get the kids?
Originally Posted by Lana
When Godfather 3 came around / in between 2 and 3,
1. the children were with Kay
2. Michael and Kay had divorced