Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
If you have money and connections you can make anything happen. Law enforcement are just humans too and I always bet on mans capacity to sin...drink,smoke,bang bitches that aren’t our wives etc etc...it’s in our nature....that being said if I was law enforcement I’d be afraid to take take money from wiseguys because of the heat and snitching concerns unless I was dealing w certain guys in the Genovese,Chicago,Detroit,Buffalo and Kansas City Families
Now w the drug cartels it’s a different story because your talking about 25 million dollar bribes for example not to mention international connections and the ability to wipe out someone’s entire family here and abroad...

The Cartels can easly kidnap your family and say to you "Do what we want or your family die" they are more powerful while for a mob family a federal agent that say the name of the snitches or when the other agencies are focused and who are focused,can save mobsters from prison.
I remember a Departed scene where Costello was making a deal with some chinese men and his man send a mex "No phones".Or when the police are coming so Costello can escape with a boat.