Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
That's why they're still regarded as the most important criminal organization imho; even in this day and age the mob is still the most resourceful, they still have their fingers in all the pies and their reach is still the furthest. If you're a serious criminal wanting to make a buck it's still much more profitable working with the mob and going against them will get you nowhere at the end of the day.

I don't think the American mafia is being mocked by other criminal organizations; they're definitely respected, but the way I see it, it's not out of fear or the threat of violence.

Italy of course, is a different ballgame. If a locally active Nigerian, Albanian or Chinese criminal would lay his hands on for instance a high ranking Camorra or Ndrangheta member he would see his sweatshop getting torched and his family being killed and dissolved in a barrel of acid in no time.

I think juste like you. In Italy, the italian crime groups got 10000 of italians that are ready to pull the trigger. While in Canada, many of the mob hits are made by other groups, blacks, bikers, whites or others. Sure you still got italians who do hits, but the mob don’t have the same street power than before, bbecause you see less young italians that are about that thug life, they will do scam etc. But they are not stone cold killers like the young ones in some poor neighborhoods