BM, I appreciate what you are saying. And I too know of incidents where connected guys were assaulted. By blacks, Spanish, Irish, Polish, Portoguese, Greeks, and others ethnicities.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule. It's natural. After all, people are only human. Some people don't think straight, or get heated and lash out. But in those rare instances, they usually pick their punches.

For instance, Gotti Sr was a sixty-some-odd-years old man, against a young, 6'-something, 250 pound black hood who had nothing to lose. He was doing life already, so what did he care? Plus he knew he had the advantage. What you gotta say, is that although greatly out-gunned because of age and size, Gotti still stepped up and threw punches. THATS a ballsy guy! Not the 250 pounder who damn well knew there would be NO retribution whatsoever because they were both locked down and he had the advantage.

I wonder if he would have raised his hands if they were both out (free) on the streets?? Lol.... I doubt it!! In fact I'd lay my bottom dollar he would have folded his balls between his legs and said excuse me Mr. Gotti!

Because if he pulled that shit on the street, LCN dictate or no dictate, he would have been hunted down and slaughtered where they found him. If not shot dead on the spot as he raised his hands..... FACT

and I dare say that 99.9% of any similar incidents you heard about are either false bravado, they pick their shots, or they are nut jobs.

But either way, even in 2021, it's extremely rare to hear.