Originally Posted by Malavita
Do you know what exactly is the policy regarding kicking up or not your loansharking profits ?

In his book, Gravano said that a made guy could keep all his loan shark profit.

In his book, D'Arco said that when Paul Vario died, Amuso and Casso told him to collect his loans and kick up some of it to them.

To me, it would make sense to kick up some of your profit because the made guy status plays a big role in the success of your loansharking. As a made guy, you can get loans at a low rates (1 or 2% vig) and then reloan it at hiher rate. It's also easier to collect your loans because only a few people will be brave or stupid enough to try to screw a made guy. Besides, your position is pretty much guaranteed as other loansharks will not try to steal your clientele. So, ultimatley, it's an activity where you can really benefit from your made guy status.

On an other related subject, i was intrigued by what John Pennisi said about the fact that Lorenzo Mannino and Tall Pete Inzerillo would send him customers for his loanshark business. Why would high ranking members from another family be willing to give away their customers ?

I assume he probably got a piece of the profit and he didn’t have to expose himself . By guess.