I view Borello and Alite a bit different than most of you I guess. Especially Borello. In my view of things he is not a tough guy, nor has "balls" as you say. He is a bit "off" in his head thats all. He's a wild, screwball type of kid that cannot be trusted. And if people in Howard Beach were afraid of him, believe me it was more because of their apprehension because he was unstable, and NOT because he was so tough or deadly.

Likewise, these fellas you hear about who commit these spur of the moment shootings, killings, assaults, wild harebrained robberies, and other "cowboy" type shit (which is what its called in the street), are not in my book at least, "tough guys." They are just wild kids who have never been taught properly, and either don't listen, or are not mentally capable enough to listen to the older, established mafiosi in their neighborhoods out of proper respect and decorum. Which of course are concepts that they've never been taught and cannot grasp.

Remember that nearly all "members," and many top associates, in the old days especially, were "capable" as they say. But few were "unhinged" as Borello is, or were allowed to pull cowboy shit on a regular basis. Those that did act that way were generally not respected or liked, and they usually ended up in a trunk, or were found left by the curb with two in the head.

A favorite phrase often used by my dear father was that "There are NO tough guys. That all the so-called tough guys were in the cemetery.".... No truer phrase has ever been spoken.

What he meant by that statement was that anybody, any sucker, can pull a trigger, whether the guy was 6'-5" tall and 250 pounds, or 5'-2" and weighed 120 pounds soaked and wet. So there are no tough guys! A gun or a knife in your hand evens the odds with anybody. In my lifetime, I've personally witnessed many guys I knew, associates of mine, enemies of mine, as well as friends, get killed for "attempting" to push their weight around with other guys and show what big "balls" they had.

In life in general. And in "The Life" in particular, its much better and safer to be a "nice guy." It's much better to be recognized and widely known as a respectful guy. Nobody's fool of course, but act like a gentleman, soft-spoken and level-headed. THAT brings you respect in the mob. Not the personality of a loud-mouthed, abrasive pushy guy like a Borello.

Punks like him are a dime a dozen in New York City neighborhoods. A dime a dozen!.... and they typically never last long.

Last edited by NYMafia; 02/01/21 01:11 PM.