Originally Posted by BensonHURST
The thing to understand is that what carried LCN, up to this point for the most part does NOT exist anymore.

Meaning the farm teams I am referring specifically in N.Y.C. you had Italian ghetto's with gangs of young Italians, who were being conditioned and groomed to come into the LCN...
In my day there were the Bath Ave Boys, Bay Parkway Boys, 18th Ave Boys, ETC that was in Brooklyn, to name a few.
You had Queens the Young Guns, Liberty Posse, The Bronx the Tanglewood boys, really too many to name.

The majority of the young guys that came up in this environment would have done anything to become a member of a LCN crew.

Again those gangs were where tomorrow's LCN, members were born of.

Fast forward today and those Italian ghetto's and gangs cease to exist.

To me that is the #1 reason right there.

I am sure there were versions of these farm teams in other cities and LCN areas that existed then however, no longer exist today as well.

The above I believe is the predominate reason LCN is in jeopardy in years to come.

So what i am saying here if the generation that is in power today wants LCN, to be around for future generations they are going to have switch things up.

Eventually all you will have left will be the sons, nephews, cousins etc.
Like in the areas with the smaller borgata's today

Its NOT Rocket science so either they will have to align themselves with Italy or Canada, to bring new blood over here or eventually that will be it.

There are enough capable guys on the street to carry the LCN, into the next 20+ years at that point when you have the guys that are in their 40's and 50's those guys are going to be 60;s and 70's and dying off.
If they do nothing today or in the not so distant future than N.Y.C. LCN will look like these smaller borgata's on their last leg...

I would say the Gambino's lead the charge because they more or less merged with the Inzerrello's from Italy, we know they have been poking around in Canada, their leadership seems to be stable

I know Detroit, also has a Siciliam Crew and a Canada Crew so I believe they are in a really good position to exist for generations to come.

The Bonanno's had a Sicilian Crew I am not sure about today if they stand with that.

detroit have a sicilian crew and canadian crew ?!
i wonder how many members they have and how they do
they always interest me a lot