Although its a couple days past and he is a controversial figure, I have to say Happy Belated Birthday to the real DON PEPPINO, Joe Bonanno.

Alot of people may wonder my interest in his story in Cosa Nostra. I've studied this subject for the better part of 20 years. In the beginning, I was on the "joe bananas" no respect train like everyone else. But the most curious thing for me was, How Did This Guy Survive The Gambino/Lucchese Hit??? In my research, your not supposed to survive that. Needless to say, whatever you believe, he did. He is the epitome of a Survivor, lived to be 97, an Original Commission Member, participant in the legendary Castellamare war, Founder of the Family that bares his name but not his image or legacy. In my research of him, I learned to truest meaning of Cosa Nostra and a Mafioso. As a Boss, there isn't anything he didn't accomplish. Not saying, he was the best (clearly thats Carlo Gambino, Tommy Lucchesse, Tony Accardo and Joe Zerilli), Bonanno was a trailblazer and pioneer in the life as a Boss and as a human, he was a fox and a Survivor. Anyway, I'm sure this might get some heat. (I am open to debate however).

I have to say , Don Peppino, Joseph Bonanno 🥃 Salute

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano