Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
I agree with JCrusher - I don't get the Bullshitter vibe off this guy you get off Cutolo Jr. or Alite; I'd likewise be inclined to believe that he was the real deal. And the way bodies were dropping in that war, it only logically follows that they'd be making guys to swell their ranks. Plus you know anyone mentoring under Scarpa is going to get noticed. It would seem like Scarpa could have picked whoever he wanted to be in his own crew.

Is anyone aware of any CW testimony that backs up Mazza's making story? Seems the Colombo's have a longstanding tradition of making guys on Halloween so are we thinking October '91 or '92?

Would be interested to know if anyone knew the answer to this, more definitively.

The Colombo Family didn't officially make any new members after the war started in 91.

That being said I don't doubt the Persico faction made Larry and Jimmy or just told them they were made and treated them as such. Would it have held up? Would other families recognize them? Probably because the Persico side won. They both flipped though so it really never played out.

If it happened it wasn't October of 91. In his book he says it was after the Vinny Fusaro hit in December of 91. Said Joe T did the ceremony in a restaurant with diners present.

Last edited by ColonelReb; 01/11/21 09:17 PM.