Sad commentary really on the state of both families. Sad for the Bonannos because it would be a stupid thing to do, quite frankly, but sad for the Lucchese family as it speaks to what these idiots in the Bonannos thought they could get away with it.

If the Bonannos had heard that Barney wasn't going to recognize Mikey Nose do you really think for a minute they would have pulled this shit on the Genovese Family? I don't think they'd pull it on the Gambinos either.

I'm somewhat surprised myself as in 2012 especially I would have thought the Luccheses were much stronger than today, and the Bonannos that much weaker, as well.

To me, that this incident even occurred really shows that both families were (and are) on the lower-tier of the five families.

I agree with previous posters that Steve Crea got railroaded. I'm all for prosecuting criminals - that's the game and these guys know it - but they got to do it according to the constitution and the laws of the land. The gov't has a job to do, but they have to do it the right way. Otherwise its not good guys vs bad guys, its bad guys vs bad guys. Well, you know what I mean.

Last edited by eastsideofvan; 01/11/21 06:11 PM.