Lately I’ve been thinking about specific years and how impactful or violent they were in the mob world. One year specifically that seemed to have a lot of violence and big mob deaths was 1979.

The Fall Out of the Lufthansa Heist- technically The heist took place in December 78 but the fallout and deaths of so many participants took place in the early months of 79.

The Demeo crew killings/Cuban crisis- the Demeo crew was doing a lot of killings in the late 70’s but obviously ran into trouble when Chris Rosenberg nearly started a war which led to multiple Cubans killed, an innocent college kid killed, and ultimately Rosenberg.

Carmine Galante whacked- this is obviously the most high profile of that year and maybe that decade

Neil Dellacroce indicted/Tony Plate murder- NYMafia made a great video detailing this and I’ve me tinned it a few times over the years

The Eppolito killings- Another high profile killings that had a shootout with cops and led to Nino being wounded and arrested

Interested to hear your thoughts about this and feel free to add more events that took place in 79