Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by NYMafia
[quote=hoodlum]My career as a Sous Chef is on hold right now because of the pandemic...so my biological clock is outta whack...thank God that I'm a landlord of a very nice home around the corner from here that a family of 4 is very happy with & has been 4 about 3 yrs...so that's an xtra 1900 a mnth in the bank... now...alas...I'm still sleeping way 2 late 4 a dude my age..lol..!

Any reply or ???s..Lisa? I think u lost this thread somewheres...

U asked me a question...

The Sous Chef thing is interesting...any particular type of cuisine?

Boy r u quick.....I specialize in Northern & Sicilian Italian..but can @ least make 1 dish from any continent on the globe..It's called "Fusion"...I've worked in a REAL German rest...a REAL Cajun rest..a REAL French rest..& multiple bullshit American joints when I was a kid..Ive been doing food (making a paycheck) since I was 15...1978..U do the math...Polish , Turkish & any eastern European country...Russian or Isreali ( Borscht) ..Whatever part of the globe someone needs ...I @ least can contribute...I rarely eat American shit...always looking 4 the best new adventure but unfortunatly that is impossible due 2 the pandemic..Turkish Sambal marinated lamb kabobs over hot coconut coals 2 go 2 nite ...who knows whats in store 4 2 morrow nite...If u wanna see some of my pre-Pandemic work..U can google MOSHULU.COM....panoramaristorante.com..Got my major accolades there TV appearances..Nominee 4 " New Chef in Rising" ..James Beard semi -finalist...google "Striped Bass" , where as I have personally fed Bruce Willis & Demi Moore..Harrison Ford..Tom Hanks & Gov. Ed Rendell..along w/ many mob dudes ....I worked in an upscale joint w/ a unknown partner /owner known back in 98 ...well , he was known back then , but we were told 2 Fuggettiboutit..his name was Joey Merlino...he grew up w/ the proprietor...the place was called "Paradigm" @3rd & Chestnut....Joey didn't want 2 wait in line 4 the bathroom..so he came in the small kitchen w/ his gorillas & proceeded 2 piss in the mop sink!! What an asshole I thought 2 my 34 yr. old self" This guy has a problem... specially since I knew some of the old guard of Scarfo's old regime..Joey didn't recognize me yet from the old days when he was a teen..but later he knew I was friendly w/ some of the older dudes who ran book in Chester Co. under Big Santo Idone....Fukin' Joey was a purse snatchin' lil' punk riding on his dads coatails when I knew him ,,,,A little horse jockey.!! Yes..believe it or not....O.K. I've ran my mouth enough...

Hoodlum, that's very impressive! Chilean sea bass is actually one of my favorite dishes. I like how you emphasize REAL because there is a difference. Out of all of the dishes you've ever made...what is your favorite dish to make and what is your favorite dish to eat? What do you think about cold beet soup? Do you like RedFish and have you ever been to NOLA?

Last edited by NYMafia; 01/09/21 02:24 PM.