Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
Today...

Genovese - Fortune 500, Blue-Chip Business. Big, steady, serious. Well-managed and organized. The Rolls Royce of LCN in America.

Gambino - Great big, brutal, hot mess - seen better days but not to be underestimated. The only truly worthy rival to the Genovese family, but solidly in second place.

Lucchese - The middle of the pack. While not as big or as well managed or as dangerous as the others, it has more or less held everything together after the disastrous Amuso/Casso years.

Bonanno - Big(ger) in numbers but sorely lacking in quality at all levels, from associate to the wife-murdering boss. Have had to suffer endless humiliations, including but not limited to:
- it's founders' book
- losing its spot on the commission
- Donnie Brasco
- the only true boss to have flipped in LCN history,
- a slain former Boss and a taped induction in Montreal
-an associate (some say member) who appeared on Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.
-...and much, much more!

I'm not saying I'd insult any of these guys to their faces, but in LCN terms this family is a joke - joining the Bonannos is likely no more difficult than joining AA.

Colombo - A once important family destroyed by decades of Persico family nepotism. Not a lot of young blood of any talent in the ranks. The future looks grim. I wouldn't insult any of these guys either but let's put it this way: if a geriatric Colombo captain had a hot Ariana Grande-lookalike granddaughter I wouldn't be afraid to take her to pound town without reprisal.

Pretty good assessment Eastside