Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Originally Posted by Lenox
BensonHurst
Is froggy Gallione still living in brooklyn after released? He did a very long bid.

I haven't seen him so cant say.
95% of brooklyn, now lives in Staten Island.

I believe he did close to 20 years fed, no parole.

He went away he, Mike Derosa, Messy Marvin, (The two guys that had a shoot out with Greg Scarpa Sr), Mario,

They were shaking everybody down in th neighborhood that was dealing drugs.

They were also flooding the neighborhood with crack.

I am pretty sure he copped to the Gus Farace hit as well.

Between the two he got somewhere around 20.

He hated the name FROGGY,, HATED.

------
And with all do respect to Galione, he served better than a 20-year stint "straight" with the feds, while he was in the prime of his life no less. I believe he was only in his early to mid-thirties at best. So now he's in his mid to late 50s. Whatever money he made (and I suspect he made a lot since they were taking the coke from near cradle to grave. Buying kilos wholesale, and breaking em right on down to small retail $10 bags of crack). He so made a lot of wood. But what good is it?

After serving over two decades in stir, what could he have left? And even if he has a ton. Would you trade all the money in the world for 20+ years of your life taken from you? In my mind nothing is worth that. Thats way too high a price to pay for attempting to make money in the streets.
-
Remember too that his dad, Ralph (The Wig) Galione, was murdered when Jimmy was a little kid. So he essentially grew up without a father. Not to mention all the collateral damage that comes from that fact. It's sad really.
-
I will say this about him though. I don't know him personally. But from what I've read and heard, he's a real "stand up guy." A lot of these paper mâché "tough guys" don't deserve to have become "made" guys. Especially in the last 20-30 years. But Jimmy Galione did what he had to do; whatever work was requested of him, bringing in big money to his crew by pushing babania in a VERY unique way for an Italian hoodlum, and stood up and took it on the chin like a real fucking man when the feds came a calling..... THAT'S a tough guy!! So my kudos to him for that. And Anybody who knows how I think and write knows that I don't make that statement often nowadays about this newer generation of mafiosi.