Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
Junior can't even shut up a guy who testified against him...Alite is walking the streets of Queens as we speak and all Junior can do is make websites to trash the guy...If he can't take on Alite, how would he take on the Genovese family ?? Even John sr. didn't take them on !!

The only part of that testimony I believe is that Junior wanted Geritamo killed..The Genovese family never did a thing to him, and Junior never did anything to the Genovese people...They certainly didn't seem to fear him, did they ??

Junior and Bellomo are on totally different levels !!

I did not believe Jr and barney were ever on the same level.
I never said that.

You are saying that Jr was NOT respected on th street, that is what I am debating that is NOT TRUE.

You can chose to beleive any testimony you want, SCARS is one of the most credible witnesses to ever turn.

Alite- testified at 3 of jr's trials and NO BODY BELIEVED HIM.
SCARS put away 80 guys on the stand,

I have not heard anyone accuse SCARS of lying on th stand.

WHY WOULD HE LIE ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT JR WAS RESPECTED? That makes no sense how would that help him.
SCARS- wasnt trying to sell a book.

Below:

Mikey Scars interview with Cosa Nostra News.

Scars Says:  JR. was a “POWER”

Scars Says:  We met with the westside admin and the admin from the five families all the time.

https://www.cosanostranews.com/2015/05/michael-dileonardo-on-gotti-reign.html

DiLeonardo: said that Junior was a "power" and that the belief that some crime families didn't recognize him is totally false.

"When we were in the street, we met many times with [the administration of the Genovese family]," as well as the administrations of other families.

"We did business with the West Side all the time."

DiLeonardo said that he had Junior's ear their first few years together on the street.

"Early on he was not greedy," DiLeonardo said.."After Senior went to prison, I was influential."

John Gotti Senior had wanted it that way. "Junior tells me 'my father wants me to be close to you.' I became acting captain and then capo."

Below:

Mikey Scars  Jr. meets with Barney and demands they kill Prseton Geritano.

Avenging Boriello

http://mafiahistory.us/nw-dileop03.html

Source info:

 Hunt, Thomas, "American Mafia Website - DiLeonardo Testimony 3," The American Mafia, mafiahistory.us, accessed Jan. 7, 2021.

Copyright © Thomas Hunt

Q. Did you discuss the murder of Bobby Boriello directly with John Gotti, Jr.?
A. Yes.
Q. What was his reaction?
A. He was devastated also. He was sick.
Q. How close were he and Bobby?
A. Extremely close.
Q. To your knowledge, did John Gotti, Jr. make any attempt to avenge Bobby Boriello's murder? A. Yes.
Q. What in particular did he do?
A. He set up a meeting with the West Side, the Genovese family, and went there to ask for somebody's, an individual's life.
Q. How do you know that?
A. I drove John to the appointment. Liborio "Barney" Bellomo
Q. You said the meeting was with the West Side. Who in particular from the Genovese family attended this sit-down.
A. Micky DeVino, a fellow named Barney and another individual, I don't remember his name.
Q. What were their positions at the time?
A. There was a prior agreement with this Preston Geritano. Bobby had some beefs with him. The arrangement was if anything –
Q. I am sorry. I didn't mean their position on the murder of Bobby Boriello. I mean, what positions did they hold within the Genovese family?
A. OK. I'm sorry. Barney was the acting boss, and Mickey DeVino, he had a fellow on the committee.
Q. Before we get into what happens at that meeting, did you speak to John Gotti, Jr. after it?
A. Yes.
Q. After the meeting concluded?
A. Yes.
Q. Is that how you came by your knowledge of what transpired at meeting?
A. Well, I knew what he was going to say when he went there also.
Q. He shared that with you?
A. Sure.
Q. What did he tell you on the way to the sit-down?
A. Well, it wasn't in the car. It was prior to going there. That he was going to ask for this guy's life.
Q. OK. Explain to us now the context as to why John Gotti, Jr. would be asking for the life of Preston Geritano?
A. There was a prior agreement between John, Sr. and the West Side. Like I said, Bobby and Preston were having some troubles with each other, and very tough individuals and very capable of murder. The arrangement was if anything happened to Bobby Boriello that the West Side would kill Geritano.
Q. And you say you drove John Gotti, Jr. to this meeting with the West Side and then spoke to him afterwards –
A. Right.
Q. -- what did you learn from John Gotti, Jr. after the meeting?
A. He demanded that Geritano be killed.
Q. And according to John Gotti, Jr., how was that demand received by the Genovese family?
A. They said OK.
Q. At that point in time, what authority did John Gotti, Jr. have to be demanding the life of a Genovese family soldier?
A. Well, he had full authority. He was on the committee. That gave him the authority to go there and do that. That was sort of how they were administrated.
Q. Did John Gotti, Jr. tell you what would happen to Preston Geritano if the Genovese family did not make good on its promise to kill him?
A. That we were going to stink him.
Q. Meaning what?
A. We were going to kill him.
Q. To your knowledge, did the Genovese family actually carry out that request and actually murder Preston Geritano?
A. No.
Q. What was Gotti's reaction to that, Gotti, Jr.?
A. He was very upset about it, as everybody else was.
Q. Did he give anyone else permission to kill Preston Geritano?
A. Yes. He told me he talked to Stevie Boriello. If he had any issue about the revenge, nobody would stop him.
Q. To your knowledge, was Preston Geritano ultimately killed?
A. Yes. But not from us.
Q. And not from John Gotti, Jr.?
A. Yes. Definitely not.
Q. You also mentioned that there were -- well, let me go back. Who else attended this sit-down with the Genovese family on behalf of the Gambino family?
A. Lou Vallario and Jimmy Brown.
Q. Is Jimmy Brown Failla alive today?
A. No. He died in prison.
Q. When he was alive, did you consider him a powerful member of the Gambino family?
A. Yes.

Source info:
 Hunt, Thomas, "American Mafia Website - DiLeonardo Testimony 3," The American Mafia, mafiahistory.us, accessed Jan. 7, 2021.

Copyright © Thomas Hunt

Last edited by BensonHURST; 01/07/21 10:32 PM. Reason: clerical