Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Harry Riccobene was not a rat,his brother was and was killed because left the witsec for turn to philly,bad idea,he died in 1993.

Thats wrong Furio. We are not speaking of Sonny Riccobene. Harry gave interviews to FBI agents more than once where he revealed much info on the Philly mob. It seems he was an undercover rat for years.

I never know it. But was just an i formanti in the 1960s like Scarpa or was a real rat?
If he was a rat why dont used the feds against Scarfo like whitey with Angiulo?

Apparently Riccobene was allegedly a C.I. (probably in the mold of Scarpa but not as connected/protected) by the FBI. End of the day, I pretty much forgot about that when picking my list because its inconsequential. Nobody of any relevance went down behind Harry. It certainly didn't save him from dying in jail (so how good or how much of a rat was he really?). Sure in this case, if it came out that he was a rat, he's gotta go but if nobody went down (and he was probably giving them crap they already knew) who gives a damn. Thats apart of the life. Am I saying its right, or would be my style in that life, No! But it comes with that territory.

I'd be curious to see @ColonelReb and @Hoodlum's list

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano