When Sr. was around he was feared by many, I dont think anyone would dispute that.
If you messed with Jr. you messed with Sr. That was his son PERIOD.

So the point I was making was that Jr. was only feared because he was the son of Sr.

With that said I do not agree that he was treated as if he were a BAFOON.

According to Mikey Scars, Jr. was respected on the street by the other families when he took over after Sr. went away. If he was looked upon as a BAFOON, the heads of the other families would not have acknowledged him.

He sat with Barney and ordered him to kill one of his guys, because he thought the Genovese's killed Boriello. (That took balls).

Jr. than went to Boriello's brother and told him to go kill whoever you want from the Genovese the Gambino family will back you. (That took balls).

Jr was willing to go to war with the Genovese. (Who else was willing to go to war with them?)

Jr. plotted to whack Watts and Alite on separate occasions.

Angelo Prisco is on wire tap said he thought Jr. was good guy, Prisco was a CAPO with the Genovese, that was a complement to Jr.

The went head to head with the feds 4-times and BEAT THEM.
he didn't cop a plea deal, and didn't give anyone up to get from under those charges that he was facing LIFE for.

All the while Alite and the feds were trying to frame him for murders he didn't commit.

Who do you know that took on the feds 4 times and won?

I dont know any gangster that went head to head 4 times with the feds.

Compared to his dad he could never walk a mile in Sr's shoe's he knows it and says it.