Originally Posted by BensonHURST
From what I read they made a slow break

However, were still sending tribute up until I believe Bascino, was boss, until Massino flipped, at that point Rizzuto sent word saying he wasn't taking orders from Bascino because Massino was a rat and he put Bascino in the boss position.

When Massino was at the height of his power he sent a few guys to bring them back into the fold, he sent Vitale he sent Frank Lino and might have even gone himself.

Each time Rizzuto, side stepped them.

They asked Vito, if he wanted to be the captain in charge of the Bonanno's in Canada, and he refused them saying ask my father he deserves it.

When they asked how many guys he had, he didnt answer he said we are like our own family no one is in charge we are all equal I believe there was 6 of them.

I dont think they were structured like a traditional LCN family, Boss, Under-boss etc.

They just always did things different in Canada, even the Buffalo LCN's canada crew's were structured different.

The fact that Desjardins was the #2 guy and led the insurrection against the Rizzuto's, says alot.
And they had that spanish guy that got killed in Italy, that said he was made by Rizzuto.

I thought Vito told them the Montreal crew had 20 members. Or 19 after Sciascia was whacked.