Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Lisa, you are saying Penessi, falsely accused a friend of being rat?

And what happened?

I'm not saying he 'falsely accused' a friend of being a rat. I'm saying that when he got out of prison, according to his own testimony, he 'stood away" from his friend (Gotti, Jr.) because he (meaning Pennisi) thought Gotti Jr. was "cooperating."

I'm not that familiar with the whole Gotti, Jr. saga, but I do believe that at the time Pennisi got out in 2007 it might have just been "rumors". I know that Gotti has said in a 2015 article (see below) that he sat down with the FBI in 2005 but I'm not sure if that was the first time he's admitted to that. Alite's book came out in 2015. Like I said, I'm not that familiar with that whole story and only have done some surface checking so I'm not completely sure of all the specific details.

(https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ormer-enforcer-turned-FBI-informant.html)

However, the point of my statement was that Pennisi had heard or suspected on his own or however he came to that conclusion that his friend was "cooperating" and he "stood away" much like what he has claimed his friends did to him before he took off to Savannah, Georgia and then came back and voluntarily walked into the FBI office. ~LisaB

Last edited by NYMafia; 01/02/21 11:10 AM.