one time bonanno acting boss/street boss and underboss joseph cammarano jr,joseph and vito grimaldi and former consigliere john zanccochio(sic) were all placed on the "shelf" at some point in 2019 after the acquittal of cammarano jr. and zancocchio.
so why does a guy who had been running the family since 2015 take this "shelving" or is it over?how long does this typically go on.
the grimaldis were a strong presence in the family alleged to be leaders of the "sicilian faction ".
there was talk as mancuso was being released that the bonannos were about to implode again.
i can never understand why putting a guy or several in this case up on the "shelf" is a better idea than whacking him. does it not cause bad blood anyway taking away someones earning power and title which lets be honest is the only thing left for a mafioso these days.
and i imagine there is no term limit on this it is up to the boss and is someone delegated by the boss to collect any money for the shelved or to try to keep him honest as to what he is doing criminally.
lots of ???'s i know but up here in canada this is obviously settled much differently.