Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted by Blackmobs
Its kind of big, I went to see about Douré and Doumbia, look like the typical dope boys.

In Montreal, Algerians are well aware of the criminal world of France. And many have cousins in France.

Can we say, the Coriscan are the stongest organized crime group in France? Like the Mafia was in Quebec?*

* Now they are saying the Hells are

I'm not really aware of the background of the Algerians in Montreal. In France the majority of the Algerians have ancestry in northern Algeria (mostly the Kabylia region, especially from Tizi Ouzou, as well as the Sétif region) and eastern Algeria (the Aures region, especially Khenchela). If the Algerians in Montreal have the same background, they no doubt have family in France as well.

The "Corsican mafia" is historically the strongest traditional kind of organized crime in France. It's separated into different clans though. There's the Brise de Mer clan from Bastia, the Petit Bar clan from Ajaccio, the Valinco clan from Sartène...as well as the Marseille-based Corsican mob (the Campanella family for instance).
I guess it comes down to how you define "power" in the underworld. In terms of infiltration in politics and business, the Corsicans still hold the most reach. Their rackets are more old school; gambling, organized robberies, extortion, loansharking... When it comes to narcotics, they control the docks in Southern France so they have a say in what comes in and what goes out.

When it comes to drug distribution on the other hand, the Corsicans don't really have large distribution networks. The biggest distribution networks are the Algerian clans and to a slightly lesser extent the Tunisian clans. I'd definitely say the North Africans (Algerians/Tunisians) own the retail side of the drug game in France.

-----
That was actually very interesting about France, and the different Corsican crews. Thanks for posting that.