Originally Posted by Blackmobs
So the Coriscan work alot the algerian groups? I guess they also work with the north african groups in north africa...

The North African groups are mostly Algerian gangs and some Tunisian gangs as well. There is cooperation between North African gangsters, Corsican gangster and gangsters associated with the mainland traditional French "Milieu" (mostly Yéniche gypsies, French criminals and French criminals of Italian descent). For instance, in Paris the more traditional Yéniche and French criminals cooperate a lot with several criminal Algerian and Tunisian families. In Marseille there are definitely contacts between Corsican gangsters and Algerian gangsters; the Corsicans allow the drugs to get in, after which the Algerian groups can distribute and take care of the retail side of the business.

Feuds between different ethnic groups are very rare. Algerian crime families and Tunisian crime families sometimes feud though. An example is the war between the Houmani clan (Algerians originally from Kabylia) and the Ben Faiza clan (a Tunisian family) in Seine Saint Denis.

And how about the black criminal groups in France ?

There's not a lot of coverage on black African criminal groups as opposed to Corsican, "traditional" (Yéniche/French/Italian-French), Algerian or Tunisian groups. They're certainly there, though I don't know to which extent you can actually talk about a large "organization" when it comes to the black African gangs. I know there have been criminals of West African (Senegal/Ivory Coast/Mali...these were the countries with the biggest emigration to France) and Antillean (Martinique/Guadeloupe) descent that did get busted for the importation of cocaine. Examples are Kevin Douré or the Doumbia brothers. So they're definitely active, but they seemingly stick to the drug trade as well and they're different from the North African drug gangs that are centered around really large clans. There are also plenty of black African drug dealers that work for the bigger clans. In Marseille for instance there are drug dealers from a Comorian background working for the Algerians.

Nigerian groups also have a presence, largely in the prostitution area.

Do italian groups also active in Marseille ?

All big Italian criminal organizations have a presence in France, but they're not really turf-oriented as far as I know.