Originally Posted by TonyBombassolo
Originally Posted by MightyDR
I think we need to keep in mind that we know Amuso and Casso were nuts now, after they've killed a bunch of people and messed up the family. But in the mid 80s Amuso was a capable worker, earner, captain for 5 years and came up under the consigliere, Christy Tick. Seems like a good choice for a boss.

I don't trust anything Casso said, but I don't think a guy who brags about burying someone alive or shooting someone 15 times would have any shame saying "they made Luongo the boss, we didn't like it, so we took him out".

I agree on your second part, but on the trusting of Casso....Im no Casso fan, and there are clearly parts of his book that are lies, but in general, he doesn't come off any different to me than any of the other people deep in the life.

People are talking about a mafia guy who went against some of the most badass motherfuckers to ever be in the mafia, and he didnt lose, and they think he is just talking shit and telling stories? That seems like a stretch to me.

I guess its possible, I definitely got that sense when he talked about his wife etc and "reforming" but when it came to mafia stuff...he seemed very cold and matter of fact. He didnt seem like a liar to me, on those parts. Which parts did you think he was full of shit on?

Things like saying the families courted him and he got to decide which family he was made into and him changing his story about the mafia cops to suit his interests ruin his credibility for me. He obviously lived a wild life, but seems like one of those people who just can't help lying and scheming.