Was it Anthony Casso who ordered the murders of civilians Robert Kubecka and Daniel Barstow? No. I believe it was Salvatore Avellino who ordered it and delegated the work to Anthony Baratta. Thomas Ricciardi was a soldier in the New Jersey faction under Michael Taccetta. He beat a civilian to death with a golf club because they wanted a piece of his company. Casso's mentor, Chris Furnari, raped a 16 year old girl for fuck sake. These are all powerful guys in the one family and you're acting like Casso was some kind of anomaly or something.

A former consigliere of the Colombo Crime Family (Carmine Sessa) killed the girlfriend of another former consigliere of the same family (Alphonse Persico).

Sammy Gravano killed a kid.

They're not above killing civilians, women, children, feds like Everett Hatcher. And the only reason they don't "take pleasure in killing" now is because of increased surveillance that makes it borderline impossible to get away with it.

I don't doubt some of them are fun to be around and great guys to people they like but I don't see much of what that has to do with anything. Even the worst criminals in earth have some people who've liked them at one point or other - look at Ted Bundy.

And so what if they're "just a bookie". You don't get to be a part of the mafia unless you're willing to get your hands dirty. And they're all knowingly subordinate to people who commit much worse acts and are happy to play their part in the decay of society's fabric.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.