Originally Posted by Irishman12
Originally Posted by XDCX
Originally Posted by Irishman12
Nice review XDCX. I loved the movie but haven't read either book yet. Glad to know they're worth the price of admission and will have to get around to them one of these days.

Thanks! Definitely check out RP1 first. I rank it in my top 5 favorite novels. I think they did a great job with the film, but, as is usually the case, the book is much better, at least IMO.

True, books are always better. Although I heard the movie they used in the book was BLADE RUNNER whereas in the movie they used THE SHINING during the second task. Can you confirm if this is true without giving away too much?

That is correct, I think Spielberg used THE SHINING in the film because it is a more recognizable film to most people. But without spoiling anything, I think the BLADE RUNNER scene would've totally worked in the film.

There are some other differences, too. Some of the tasks from the book were changed, probably because they wouldn't have translated well to film. Spielberg also messed with the timeline a little, but overall, the film was very faithful to the book.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis