Originally Posted by afsaneh77
The only person who ever actually cared and stood by us was that billionaire who apparently doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself and somehow has duped us! You know, I take this as an insult coming from you, XDC, knowing where I live where we fend for our lives.

First off, I can't imagine what that must be like, and I would never trivialize what it's like living somewhere like that. I am American, and therefore have no concept of what it must be like to live in Iran under that kind of regime. I empathize.

That being said, the only thing Trump succeeded in pulling out of the Iran Nuclear Deal is pissing off the current regime to the point where they are no longer cooperating or following the terms of the agreement. They have upped their production of advanced centrifuges to speed up production of uranium, as well as injecting 1,044 of these centrifuges with uranium, which had been kept empty prior as part of the deal. Additionally, he has imposed numerous sanctions against Iran (not necessarily undeserved). He pokes. He prods. He escalates. He says he wanted to negotiate another deal, yet did everything in his power to escalate tensions prior.

Was the deal perfect? Far from it. The sunset clauses included were a ridiculous compromise. But again, rather than any attempt at diplomacy, Trump aggressively lashes out. As he always does. He jumps on Twitter and makes inflammatory comments about ANYONE that doesn't go along with him. He complains the Democrats won't work with him, yet does nothing to improve relations. Quite the contrary actually, as, again, he'll jump on Twitter and bash Pelosi, Schumer, and the rest of the Dems. And I am not in any way excusing the actions or the behavior of the DNC, either. I'm disgusted by both parties.

At this point, I am done with this discussion. I know I'm not gonna change any minds, nor will anyone change mine. Afs, I wish you the best. I still consider you a friend, even if we disagree, and even if you don't consider me a friend anymore. No more politics for me.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis