Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by Jshov31
If my goal is money-Catena
Respect-Manna
Notoriety-Gotti

All things equal, Catena. The man had more money than you could fathom. I’m not talking stocks, property, or other assets that could lose value. I’m talking liquid. My uncles told me a story about a guy who ran vending machines for him in Nj and Pa(Him and Bufalino were tight and were partners in a few things in pa) and they IRS raised the guys property in the woods. They were filling up a tractor trailer full of 55 gal drums FILLED with quarters. 50-60 55 gal drums filled to the brim with quarters. Fucking insane.

This is a crazy story so for the hell of it, I googled "How many quarters fit in a 55 gallon drum". Lo and behold, someone out there online already did the math:

"Your 55 gallon drum comes to 208 liters, or 208,000 cubic centimeters, or 208,000,000 cubic millimeters. 208,000,000/808.5 gives you 257,612 quarters, but with 75% packing efficiency, only 193,208 quarters will fit in your drum. That comes to $48,302 dollars worth of quarters."

So 48.3K x 50 = 2.415M buried
Or if it was 60, 2.898M buried.

So they had somewhere between 2.4-2.9M in quarters buried out in the woods. Crazy shit... Nevermind adjusting for inflation lol

No bullshit. The guy is dead now so I can talk about it. He used the amusement money to buy corvettes by the truckload. He owned a huge vending machine business, party rentals, event rental business, a classic car lot that had the best of the best on the lot at all times. He owned a house in Harvey’s Lake Pa that was a million bucks in the 80s. The guys kid married the girl I took to prom and never got to bang. He’s fucking loaded but a complete douchebag. Paid for the girl to go to dental school in cash. Lucky fuck. She was a fucking 10. Prom queen, homecoming queen, queen of the fucking valley. It’s probably number 1 or number 2 of regrets in my life never getting to bang her. Cocksucker!! Lol