Mafia, the repentant: “The general who died in a car accident? He was actually killed. He was investigating opaque relations between carabinieri and politicians "

The repentant Riggio says he learned from the former policeman Peluso that "the general of the carabinieri Gennaro Niglio, who died in a car accident, was actually killed". Investigate the prosecutor of Caltanissetta

The then commander of the Carabinieri of the Sicily Region did not die from the consequences of a road accident, as has always been believed up to now. Instead, he was assassinated. This is supported by Pietro Riggio , the last repentant of Cosa Nostra who is telling the Caltanissetta prosecutor's office about the confidences received from Giovanni Peluso , a former policeman accused of being linked to service circles. “He told me that the general of the carabinieri Gennaro Niglio, who died in a car accident, had actually been killed. He was a rigorous man, Niglio. He was ascertaining the opaque relations between some members of the Army and political figures ”, claimed the collaborator, as told by the journalist Salvo Palazzolo in the Palermo edition of Repubblica . Niglio, at the time commander of the Sicily Region , died on May 9, 2004, two weeks after his car went off the road along the highway that connects Palermo with Catania.

Riggio's story led deputy prosecutor Gabriele Paci and substitute Pasquale Pacifico to order the Caltanissetta mobile squad, led by Marzia Giustolisi, to investigate that car accident. Investigators have begun to acquire the documents of that affair. And it is clear that a few years ago a doctor active in the battles on the so-called Terra dei Fuochi told the magistrates: "I was warned by the boss Carmine Schiavone to be particularly careful about road accidents as happened to another referent and friend: Gennaro Niglio". “Shortly before he died I gave the general a note of mine in which yes
he spoke of investigations into Provenzano and Messina Denaro, investigations that I had not been able to complete. Through a confidant of mine, I had also identified the nurse who was looking after Bernardo Provenzano ”, recently told Nicolò Gebbia , retired general of the Carabinieri, heard as witnesses by the magistrates of the investigation into the State-Mafia negotiation process . At the same trial, Riggio was heard, who now says he learned from Peluso that that road accident was actually a staging. Peluso, a former policeman, is accused by the repentant of having had a role in the Capaci massacre : he is currently under investigation by the Caltanissetta prosecutor's office.

https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/20...achi-tra-carabinieri-e-politici/6017730/