GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 261 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,820
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1088981
04/30/24 06:07 AM
04/30/24 06:07 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Here are two more perfect examples of mobsters who didn’t have the profile of mobsters…

Saverio (Sam) Monachino and Pasquale (Patsy) Monachino. Born in Sicily, in 1893 and 1908, respectively, the Monachino brothers quietly lived and operated in Upstate Auburn, New York for decades. Yet, until they were captured attending the infamous 1957 “Apalachin Meeting” and detained for questioning along with 60 of their brethren, law enforcement authorities had absolutely no previous knowledge of the Mafia credentials. Ostensibly, the Monachinos were just local businessmen who owned and operated Super Beverage Company in the town of Auburn. Neither man had any sort of criminal record whatsoever with the local police department. But after a thorough federal investigation conducted by the FBI, FBN, and several grand juries, it was determined that both Patsy and Sam were, in fact, card-carrying soldiers in the Joseph Barbara Family of Binghamton.

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089064
05/01/24 03:59 PM
05/01/24 03:59 PM
UK
D
dsd Offline
Capo
dsd  Offline
D
Capo
UK
Well that partnership didn't last.

I've seen more rivalries on this site than the 5 families have had in last 20 years.

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: Toodoped] #1089078
05/01/24 07:06 PM
05/01/24 07:06 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Toodoped
Originally Posted by Hollander
TD were Roland Libonati and Frank Annunzio made guys?
I believe they were initiated in Cosa Nostra but who knows lol..

Libonati, yes.....not sure or dont remember about Annuzio. These guys were all mobsters in their own right and skills.

Annunzio was an influential Member of the United States House of Representatives from Illinois, he succeeded Libonati.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: Hollander] #1089098
05/02/24 06:04 AM
05/02/24 06:04 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
TD were Roland Libonati and Frank Annunzio made guys?
I believe they were initiated in Cosa Nostra but who knows lol..

Libonati, yes.....not sure or dont remember about Annuzio. These guys were all mobsters in their own right and skills.

Annunzio was an influential Member of the United States House of Representatives from Illinois, he succeeded Libonati.

There were also made guys from other families who were senators or US reps and were discovered much later. A mobster is a mobster. Ignore the guys with their imaginary ideas just so they can receive cash through their paywalls.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: dsd] #1089104
05/02/24 06:22 AM
05/02/24 06:22 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by dsd
Well that partnership didn't last.

I've seen more rivalries on this site than the 5 families have had in last 20 years.

Ya think? LOL

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: Toodoped] #1089110
05/02/24 07:39 AM
05/02/24 07:39 AM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss

Ignore the guys with their imaginary ideas just so they can receive cash through their paywalls.

Aren't you the same guy who offered us a "cash donation" (which we didn't accept) in hopes of pushing some of your articles to the beginning of the line to both publish said articles on the site and convert them to videos? The same guy who a few weeks before offering the "cash donation" said that I should probably "hurry up" to post your stuff because a certain other gangster forum was working with a certain YT content creator to "undermine" us? Which was laughable because nobody is trying to "undermine" us nor do we care what any other YT content creator is doing or not doing, which is exactly what I told you.

It's amazing that until TOG wrote that Dominick Nuccio article there was no problem with having your articles up on a paywall site, all of which, by the way, were not behind the paywall.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1084996&gonew=1#UNREAD

P.S. As a reminder, even though your articles were not behind the paywall, we still gave you free and full access to the site, which you thoroughly enjoyed, until Nuccio came out, of course.

Last edited by MafiaStudent; 05/02/24 08:10 AM.
Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089111
05/02/24 08:16 AM
05/02/24 08:16 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Sooooo according to your article, Nuccio killed O'Banion?!?!? lol lol clap

You guy or guys (I dont know how many different accounts you have) were/was my biggest mistake. Lol I thought ypu werent able to make new vids?!

So hows the site going? Who died next, the fish?! Lol

Maxie Stern...stop playing with us, pls.

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: Toodoped] #1089112
05/02/24 08:27 AM
05/02/24 08:27 AM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Sooooo according to your article, Nuccio killed O'Banion?!?!? lol lol clap

You guy or guys (I dont know how many accounts you have) were/was my biggest mistake. Lol

So hows the site going? Who died next, the fish?! Lol

Aren't you the same guy who offered us a "cash donation" (which we didn't accept) in hopes of pushing some of your articles to the beginning of the line to both publish said articles on the site and convert them to videos? The same guy who a few weeks before offering the "cash donation" said that I should probably "hurry up" to post your stuff because a certain other gangster forum was working with a certain YT content creator to "undermine" us? Which was laughable because nobody is trying to "undermine" us nor do we care what any other YT content creator is doing or not doing, which is exactly what I told you.

It's amazing that until TOG wrote that Dominick Nuccio article there was no problem with having your articles up on a paywall site, all of which, by the way, were not behind the paywall.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1084996&gonew=1#UNREAD

P.S. As a reminder, even though your articles were not behind the paywall, we still gave you free and full access to the site, which you thoroughly enjoyed, until Nuccio came out, of course.

For everyone else, if you'd like to know what's going on with the website...you can read this article or check out our YT page. You can read all about the "fish"......

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxhHLj41Y0FmMSvqjeVgLXGKgd_72-Ls7c

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/important-button-guys-update-4-27-24/

Better yet, I'll just post the entire thing here for you all. BTW, this Lisa Babick is the same Lisa Babick with the same handle over on that other board..Mafia Student (MS).

As you are all aware, since November of last year, we have been working on reformatting and redesigning the website to include a new paywall system, and, with that, an increase to our yearly subscription rate from $48 to $58.

Over the past few months, I have been feverishly working on that redesign in preparation for the transition. This has all been taking place on a “staging site.” The new website theme with the addition of the new paywall system required me to make many changes to the format of our existing content. It is part of the reason I removed a little more than 700 of our more than 1000 articles and galleries on the current website (which you are on now) so I could format them according to the requirements needed for the relaunch.

While we thought the entire process would only take 2-3 months, it proved more complicated and time-consuming than anticipated. We are a two-person team here at Button Guys, and I’m the one responsible for design, maintenance, etc.

Unfortunately, my mother passed away unexpectedly two weeks ago. She had a heart attack literally 15 minutes after I last spoke to and saw her. She did have some serious medical issues as she got older, but this was a total shock. It was also extremely distressing as I had to perform CPR on her until the ambulance got here. If you’ve never had the unfortunate occasion of doing that, I can assure you, it is not something you ever want to experience with a loved one.

And unfortunately for me, this isn’t the first time I’ve gone through something like this as my husband also died of a heart attack unexpectedly 18 years ago. We had a five-year-old son at the time. So, it is an understatement when I say it was a traumatic experience. But my son and I survived, and he has become a very accomplished and successful adult; his father would have been very proud. And to be honest, I’m very proud of myself because I think I did a damn good job raising him by myself as a single mom. So, experience has shown that all the difficulty and stress of dealing with it all shall pass.

Having said all that, there is a lot to do in the next 2-3 months, including selling the house, relocating, settling my mom’s estate, and so forth (and as an only child, this all falls on me.) Because of this, I am not going to be able to devote the time needed to finish preparation for our planned relaunch. It will be delayed at least until next year.

However, all of the articles I have removed from the “live” site are still here. They will be restored over the next 2-3 weeks. Many of them will not have all the photos and documents they might have had on the new website, but the text is there so that you can read and enjoy.

Any updates, additions, or expansions of those articles I made on the “staging site,” I will try to incorporate into the articles I will be turning back “on” here on the live site, but that may not be possible. The BG Mugshot Gallery will also be restored, though it, too, will be in the old format.

Other galleries and certain parts of the website that have been down for a while have actually been completely removed from the live site (and transferred to the “staging site”) and will probably not be restored here within this 2-3 week timeframe. This includes the Rat’s Nest, Boys at Work (murder gallery,) headlines gallery, and others as well as some of our more involved articles.

In addition, we will not be increasing our subscription rate as announced because that was part of the entire redesign/new paywall system process. So, for now, until we complete that transition, our subscription price will remain at $48 a year.

We will also continue to post NEW weekly articles on the website, and time permitting, I will also continue creating new videos on our YouTube channel, Mob Fireside Chat. Our YouTube Community page, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter will remain active so be sure to check all that out and follow us, if you haven’t already.

I know this was long-winded, but “The Other Guy” and I want to be as transparent as possible as to what is happening with the website. We’re not going anywhere, and we will still be producing content as mentioned, but the website itself is on hold as far as the redesign and new paywall system. But those subscribers who are new to the site (and those who have been around for a while,) keep checking back to explore the over 700 articles that will be restored here in the next few weeks as well as all the new articles we will be posting as per our regular schedule.

If you have any questions, you can contact us at nymstaff@gmail.com.

Thank you for reading, for your patience and understanding, and for your patronage.

Sincerely,

Lisa Babick

Last edited by MafiaStudent; 05/02/24 08:32 AM.
Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089117
05/02/24 09:15 AM
05/02/24 09:15 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
You were called out by @DiLorenzo and other posters for using multiple accounts and you were banned multiple times for that. Sorry but I cant read your whole prescription regarding your lies.

Soooooo...Nuccio killed O'Banion a?! Lol lol lol Maybe Lincoln too?! Lol

And my condolences for everyone, including the fish. Im a Christian and thats called karma according to your actions and evil identity. Btw this is a OC forum and we are not interested in personal problems, since we all have our own quite enough. Cheers and stay safe and look behind your shoulder from time to time. Lol

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: Toodoped] #1089119
05/02/24 09:36 AM
05/02/24 09:36 AM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
javascript:quickReply(1089117,1,0)
You were called out by @DiLorenzo and other posters for using multiple accounts and you were banned multiple times for that. Sorry but I cant read your whole prescription regarding your lies.

Soooooo...Nuccio killed O'Banion a?! Lol lol lol Maybe Lincoln too?! Lol

And my condolences for everyone, including the fish. Im a Christian and thats called karma according to your actions and evil identity. Btw this is a OC forum and we are not interested in personal problems, since we all have our own quite enough. Cheers and stay safe and look behind your shoulder from time to time. Lol

Just one word for what you truly are: Degenerate.

As you are all aware, since November of last year, we have been working on reformatting and redesigning the website to include a new paywall system, and, with that, an increase to our yearly subscription rate from $48 to $58.

Over the past few months, I have been feverishly working on that redesign in preparation for the transition. This has all been taking place on a “staging site.” The new website theme with the addition of the new paywall system required me to make many changes to the format of our existing content. It is part of the reason I removed a little more than 700 of our more than 1000 articles and galleries on the current website (which you are on now) so I could format them according to the requirements needed for the relaunch.

While we thought the entire process would only take 2-3 months, it proved more complicated and time-consuming than anticipated. We are a two-person team here at Button Guys, and I’m the one responsible for design, maintenance, etc.

Unfortunately, my mother passed away unexpectedly two weeks ago. She had a heart attack literally 15 minutes after I last spoke to and saw her. She did have some serious medical issues as she got older, but this was a total shock. It was also extremely distressing as I had to perform CPR on her until the ambulance got here. If you’ve never had the unfortunate occasion of doing that, I can assure you, it is not something you ever want to experience with a loved one.

And unfortunately for me, this isn’t the first time I’ve gone through something like this as my husband also died of a heart attack unexpectedly 18 years ago. We had a five-year-old son at the time. So, it is an understatement when I say it was a traumatic experience. But my son and I survived, and he has become a very accomplished and successful adult; his father would have been very proud. And to be honest, I’m very proud of myself because I think I did a damn good job raising him by myself as a single mom. So, experience has shown that all the difficulty and stress of dealing with it all shall pass.

Having said all that, there is a lot to do in the next 2-3 months, including selling the house, relocating, settling my mom’s estate, and so forth (and as an only child, this all falls on me.) Because of this, I am not going to be able to devote the time needed to finish preparation for our planned relaunch. It will be delayed at least until next year.

However, all of the articles I have removed from the “live” site are still here. They will be restored over the next 2-3 weeks. Many of them will not have all the photos and documents they might have had on the new website, but the text is there so that you can read and enjoy.

Any updates, additions, or expansions of those articles I made on the “staging site,” I will try to incorporate into the articles I will be turning back “on” here on the live site, but that may not be possible. The BG Mugshot Gallery will also be restored, though it, too, will be in the old format.

Other galleries and certain parts of the website that have been down for a while have actually been completely removed from the live site (and transferred to the “staging site”) and will probably not be restored here within this 2-3 week timeframe. This includes the Rat’s Nest, Boys at Work (murder gallery,) headlines gallery, and others as well as some of our more involved articles.

In addition, we will not be increasing our subscription rate as announced because that was part of the entire redesign/new paywall system process. So, for now, until we complete that transition, our subscription price will remain at $48 a year.

We will also continue to post NEW weekly articles on the website, and time permitting, I will also continue creating new videos on our YouTube channel, Mob Fireside Chat. Our YouTube Community page, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter will remain active so be sure to check all that out and follow us, if you haven’t already.

I know this was long-winded, but “The Other Guy” and I want to be as transparent as possible as to what is happening with the website. We’re not going anywhere, and we will still be producing content as mentioned, but the website itself is on hold as far as the redesign and new paywall system. But those subscribers who are new to the site (and those who have been around for a while,) keep checking back to explore the over 700 articles that will be restored here in the next few weeks as well as all the new articles we will be posting as per our regular schedule.

If you have any questions, you can contact us at nymstaff@gmail.com.

Thank you for reading, for your patience and understanding, and for your patronage.

Sincerely,

Lisa Babick

Attached Files Screenshot 2024-05-02 083814.png
Last edited by MafiaStudent; 05/02/24 09:38 AM.
Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089122
05/02/24 10:09 AM
05/02/24 10:09 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Still bumping your own threads a? I wonder who did the same thing over and over?! lol Now, calling names too?! Damn Maxie did i hit a nerve? lol Karma bitch!

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: Toodoped] #1089128
05/02/24 10:27 AM
05/02/24 10:27 AM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Still bumping your own threads a? I wonder who did the same thing over and over?! lol Now, calling names too?! Damn Maxie did i hit a nerve? lol Karma bitch!

Funny coming from a guy who was the one who "ended" the "partnership" literally minutes after that Dominick Nuccio article was posted.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1089096#Post1089096

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1088564&page=3

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1084996#Post1084996

Attached Files Screenshot 2024-05-02 083814.pngScreenshot 2024-05-02 085048.pngScreenshot 2024-05-02 092039.png
Last edited by MafiaStudent; 05/02/24 10:36 AM.
Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089132
05/02/24 10:30 AM
05/02/24 10:30 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
You are doing it again Maxie!!!! Lol lol Do you want for me to start posting your answers from our former email?! Again...karma bitch

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089135
05/02/24 10:34 AM
05/02/24 10:34 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

LOL. You really should seek the help that we all know you so desperately need....You are a very sick puppy.

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089136
05/02/24 10:35 AM
05/02/24 10:35 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by NYMafia
LOL. You really should seek the help that we all know you so desperately need....You are a very sick puppy.

Maxie we all feel sorry for you, even people from across the street. Pls stop using multiple accounts and screw your paywall

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089143
05/02/24 11:33 AM
05/02/24 11:33 AM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
When it comes to understanding and reporting on the history of organized crime in Chicago, Toodoped is the man. His grasp of the subject surpasses that of most individuals. Sadly, there are people out there who fancy themselves as reporters who do not possess that same grasp. A lot of us try to hold our tongues when it comes to certain things that are posted on this forum, but sometimes enough is enough. Facts do matter. And TD reports facts! And I could see TD coming for your throats from a mile away, but you (NY Mafia/MS or whoever you people are) truly do deserve it

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089144
05/02/24 11:54 AM
05/02/24 11:54 AM
UsA
M
Mafia101 Offline
Underboss
Mafia101  Offline
M
Underboss
UsA
Except TD doesn't even understand the basic structure of a Cosa Nostra Family.

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089145
05/02/24 12:00 PM
05/02/24 12:00 PM
R
RushStreet Offline
Underboss
RushStreet  Offline
R
Underboss
I got two names I haven't mentioned yet..

Don "The Wizard of odds" Angelini and Dominic Cortina. Both guys ran gambling rackets for the Chicago Outfit back in the 70's and 80's. Both brought in tens of millions of dollars but they were far from street guys.

Last edited by RushStreet; 05/02/24 12:00 PM.
Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: Giacalone] #1089146
05/02/24 12:11 PM
05/02/24 12:11 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by Giacalone
When it comes to understanding and reporting on the history of organized crime in Chicago, Toodoped is the man. His grasp of the subject surpasses that of most individuals. Sadly, there are people out there who fancy themselves as reporters who do not possess that same grasp. A lot of us try to hold our tongues when it comes to certain things that are posted on this forum, but sometimes enough is enough. Facts do matter. And TD reports facts! And I could see TD coming for your throats from a mile away, but you (NY Mafia/MS or whoever you people are) truly do deserve it

Thanks a lot @G and I really appreciate it. Lots of haters these days but thats good, since that gives us even more energy to deal with those "devils" with the help of facts and hard work. The thing these guys hurts the most is "free". Thats the antidote. Cheers

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089220
05/03/24 06:13 PM
05/03/24 06:13 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Longtime Bonanno Family soldier, Sereno (Bobby T) Tartamella, was another perfect example of a below-the-radar mobster "with no police record whatsoever" who flew under the radar for many years. This, despite the fact that he was the son of Joe Bonanno's iconic consigliere and lifelong personal friend, Giovanni (John) Tartamella.

Until he was well into the mid-1960s when he was finally tied into the internal "Banana War" conflict, Bobby T was so "squeaky clean" that he actually ran for public office, and later, headed a labor union as a clean "front."

More to come....

Re: Mobsters who weren't mobsters? [Re: NYMafia] #1089300
Yesterday at 11:55 AM
Yesterday at 11:55 AM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Longtime Bonanno Family soldier, Sereno (Bobby T) Tartamella, was another perfect example of a below-the-radar mobster "with no police record whatsoever" who flew under the radar for many years. This, despite the fact that he was the son of Joe Bonanno's iconic consigliere and lifelong personal friend, Giovanni (John) Tartamella.

Until he was well into the mid-1960s when he was finally tied into the internal "Banana War" conflict, Bobby T was so "squeaky clean" that he actually ran for public office, and later, headed a labor union as a clean "front."

More to come....

A rare picture of Sereno Tartamella

Attached Files INSTAGRAM (38).jpg
Last edited by MafiaStudent; Yesterday at 12:07 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull