the previous article a few posts back about larry cooney has peaked my interest. when reading it alleges he was followed for several days between june and july 2022 while he was acting as a bodyguard to organized crime figures in lasalle. cooney has a legit right to be labeled a west end gang member, whatever that may mean at this point in time. but the more recent reports by french media and those in the know claim that and i would agree, the west end gang as it was historically known and recognized does not exist. the police do not say there are no white irish named criminals but that these few remaining individuals in no way constitute what once was a fairly large loosely allied at times warring west end gang. from darcy o'connors great book on them you begin to understand that it was never a top to bottom monolithic group a la mafia. but at its peak about a dozen different cells/families who at times worked together and brought a variety of different criminal talents to the mix. however by the time of the matticks bros massive drug importing most were dead, in jail, gone legit, retired, died of old age, still in the life of crime or some even became authors. my abe simpson ramble aside, who then at least among the very few still active irish oc members or associates would cooney be protecting? who has that much pull and in need of protection at that point in time summer 2022. i can think of none. but pietro d'adamo may have. he has long been mentioned and the only mafia member mentioned to have any links to irish oc. d'adamo has long been named as being in control of lasalle and lachine territory. d'adamo as well was one of a half dozen to be warned of his life being in danger upon raynald desjardins release in may 2021. we also now know that something caused a conflict in 2022 amongst rizzuto-sollecito and the HA mtl chapter.