GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 115 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,488
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Turnbull] #999929
11/17/20 09:02 AM
11/17/20 09:02 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Turnbull
NYMafia makes valuable contributions to this board. If you disagree with his articles or conclusions, you're welcome to say so. But, don't make personal attacks.

--
Turnbull, as a moderator I appreciate your input here. So thank you for that statement.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Lou_Para] #999930
11/17/20 09:07 AM
11/17/20 09:07 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Lou_Para
NyMafia, I really enjoy your posts. I especially love your "guess the Mobster" game. It's fun racking my brain to try and decipher the clues (and to be honest,I haven't gotten one yet). The bios are great and there's always a tidbit or two that I never knew. I agree that there's no need or purpose for personal attacks. My counter proposal to the detractors would be that if you don't like what is posted,then maybe do some posting of your own. I love this board and your contributions have,at least for me,given it a major shot in the arm. Thank you for all the work you do.

----
Lou, what can I say? Thank you! Thank you!..... The fact that you also defend me and my work is greatly appreciated. Everything you said IMO has truth to it. Thanks for the backup.

I'm also glad you like my little mobster guessing game. Lol... I promise we'll do a few more in the future ok pal?

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: eastsideofvan] #999931
11/17/20 09:18 AM
11/17/20 09:18 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
I like you too NYMafia and more to the point I think you obviously do everyone here a huge service with the research and posting you do. Actually, right before you appeared on here I thought things had become very dull and I think you've done a lot to liven it up. Without content, there's nothing to drive a discussion board! NYMafia creates a ton of content and we should all be grateful for that.

I suppose you do strike me as a bit of a fanboy, but I don't think you should take offence to that. Aren't we all, to some degree fans of the subject if not the individuals involved in this life? If NYMafia feels some affinity to some of the guys we talk about here, that's your right to feel how you want. Lots of people feel affinities for famous figures whether that's Princess Diana or the Pope or whoever else. We can debate the morality of whether or not we like/approve of these figures - but isn't having that debate one whole key component of even having a "discussion forum" like this? It's a Discussion Forum, not an "agreement forum".

Anyone who claims they're not at least a bit of a fanboy, I guess I gotta ask - why are you here? Just nothing better to do? Why have almost all of us here spent time watching mob flicks and reading the books and so forth?

It is after all a fascinating subject - I've been called on it by friends of mine and have gotten used to offering my own explanation for what I find so fascinating about OC.

As to whether NYMafia has bona fide connections, who knows, and what does it matter anyway? It's like talk radio - callers call in with all kinds of claims, good hosts don't even bother trying to ascertain the veracity of the caller they take their claims at face value and debate and discuss them on that basis for the purpose of a largely theoretical discussion -- assuming what the caller is saying is the truth. I don't care if NYMafia is connected to anybody, or not. I'll likely never meet NYMafia in real life - my only relationship here is as a consumer of their (rather excellent) content, and to whatever degree we have some discussion or debate.

Oh and as to the Joey story, that is obviously bullshit. Much like the claims of mass voter fraud themselves. I don't think Joey could rig a PTA election at the local elementary school much less the US federal election. Joey is no Sam Giancana.

-----
Eastside, I saved you for last. You wrote I lot and I wanted to do you justice.

Bravo!

What you have written is so succinct that I agree with everything you wrote, as well as how you wrote it! My compliments. You obviously have real good comprehension and the art of deduction, as well as some writing skills to be able to put down on paper such a comprehensive argument on my behalf, and for the health of this forum. I'm not gonna delve into each and every item you discussed because I think you did a perfect job of laying it out. Theres not much I can add to it truthfully. Lol

I just wanted to say thank you! I'm very happy that you and so many others have spoken up regarding all this BS.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: NYMafia] #999933
11/17/20 09:47 AM
11/17/20 09:47 AM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by NYMafia
I like you too NYMafia and more to the point I think you obviously do everyone here a huge service with the research and posting you do. Actually, right before you appeared on here I thought things had become very dull and I think you've done a lot to liven it up. Without content, there's nothing to drive a discussion board! NYMafia creates a ton of content and we should all be grateful for that.

I suppose you do strike me as a bit of a fanboy, but I don't think you should take offence to that. Aren't we all, to some degree fans of the subject if not the individuals involved in this life? If NYMafia feels some affinity to some of the guys we talk about here, that's your right to feel how you want. Lots of people feel affinities for famous figures whether that's Princess Diana or the Pope or whoever else. We can debate the morality of whether or not we like/approve of these figures - but isn't having that debate one whole key component of even having a "discussion forum" like this? It's a Discussion Forum, not an "agreement forum".

Anyone who claims they're not at least a bit of a fanboy, I guess I gotta ask - why are you here? Just nothing better to do? Why have almost all of us here spent time watching mob flicks and reading the books and so forth?

It is after all a fascinating subject - I've been called on it by friends of mine and have gotten used to offering my own explanation for what I find so fascinating about OC.

As to whether NYMafia has bona fide connections, who knows, and what does it matter anyway? It's like talk radio - callers call in with all kinds of claims, good hosts don't even bother trying to ascertain the veracity of the caller they take their claims at face value and debate and discuss them on that basis for the purpose of a largely theoretical discussion -- assuming what the caller is saying is the truth. I don't care if NYMafia is connected to anybody, or not. I'll likely never meet NYMafia in real life - my only relationship here is as a consumer of their (rather excellent) content, and to whatever degree we have some discussion or debate.

Oh and as to the Joey story, that is obviously bullshit. Much like the claims of mass voter fraud themselves. I don't think Joey could rig a PTA election at the local elementary school much less the US federal election. Joey is no Sam Giancana.

-----

Bravo!

What you have written is so succinct that I agree with everything you wrote, as well as how you wrote it! My compliments. You obviously have real good comprehension and the art of deduction, as well as some writing skills to be able to put down on paper such a comprehensive argument on my behalf, and for the health of this forum. I'm not gonna delve into each and every item you discussed because I think you did a perfect job of laying it out. Theres not much I can add to it truthfully. Lol

I just wanted to say thank you! I'm very happy that you and so many others have spoken up regarding all this BS.

Your still posting on this idiot thread? Get a life!

To the poster that said all of us here are “fanboys” to some degree, I guess you haven’t read some of the older times post on this site. A lot guys in past have posted here saying crime doesn’t pay. They learned from personal experience. Not biased fanboy bullshit from the above.

Turnbull, yes the guy adds to forum but at the cost of turning people off by his bias support of criminals. Because at the end of the day these guys he defends so Vehemently are criminals. And believe me I get hating US government. I’m all in on that, but let’s call a spade a spade here. As far as his articles I have never gotten through a whole one. Way WAY too biased. You know, the definition of a “fanboys” writing.

I miss the days of pizza boy arguing with Ivy League over facts. They never made it personal. This guy here gets his g-string in a knot if you disagree with him or point out how biased he is. Look at how he took over a thread I posted to get a bunch of laughs and had to get those shameless plugs in.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999934
11/17/20 09:50 AM
11/17/20 09:50 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

AND NOW I ADDRESS THE FORUM WITH THE ISSUE OF MY SO CALLED "BONA-FIDES" ...LOL

If you guys have noticed I NEVER write biographies about living or active street guys. I only write about things from the past, and about guys who have either died, or are so old that they are mostly out of the life for many years already and cannot be "hurt" if I mention them.

Do you know why that is? Because I know either the statute of limitations has long expired on any criminal violations I may write about, or these guys are in the ground and unless the law plans to dig em up and charge them with a crime, they've all reached home base safe and sound. Lol

Why? Why would I care? I'll tell ya why. Because many of the subjects I've written bios about are/were my friends, or members of my blood family. Hell, many of them were my blood family (or we were like family)! So long as I know that I cannot hurt em, I feel free to write about them. In other words, its over!

I even have that exact disclaimer on our Button Guys of The New York Mafia website.

I still have family members and many friends in "The Life", and I'll be damned if I'd ever look to hurt them, or "out" them in any way. I'm no rat! Lol

Many of these people are dear to me. Whether that sits well with readers is of no importance to me. It is my life, and I'm keeping it real here. As real as a heart attack!

But as far as educating the public, you guys, It's my pleasure. I personally feel this thing is mostly over. For me its mostly a historical thing at this stage of the game. If it was still a viable entity. A solid coalition of guys the way it was many decades ago. Believe me when I tell ya that I'd never be on here. And there would be no Button Guys of The New York Mafia because I never would have created the website in the first place. Lol.... and THATS the Gods honest truth!

So there ya have it fellas. Believe it. Don't believe it. Thats entirely your choice. But I thought once and for all I'd let you guys know what's what ok.

One more thing, the wiser of you might notice that while my partner Lisa openly allows her name to be used for the site. I do not. You might wanna ask yourselves why that is? .... food for thought no?

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: NYMafia] #999935
11/17/20 09:52 AM
11/17/20 09:52 AM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
NYMafia has claimed to be related to two ranking wiseguys, which explains the slant inherent in all of his posts.

Two options.

Assuming he's fibbing, A): He is a fantasist who has developed an obsession with a certain Italian-American subculture.
Assuming he's telling the truth, B): Everything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt because he cannot remain impartial about government witnesses or cases that are on the docket.

Which wiseguys has he claimed to be related to? I must admit I doubt he knows any wiseguys, but I do enjoy some of his articles. I know many of them are fiction, but some are accurate

---
Ralph, I'm glad you enjoy my articles. But why would you say some are "fiction"? NONE are fiction. they are not even 95% accurate. I'd put that range at about 99%. (hey, nobody is perfect right? Lol)

As far as knowing wiseguys. Again, why would you say that? Why is that so incredulous?

My father, uncles, grandfather, great uncles, and several cousins, were ALL wiseguys. FACT! ..... Over the years i grew up in the areas of Downtown New York - Little Italy, Brooklyn, and Queens. At one time or another I lived in all those areas. All of which were heavily saturated Italian neighborhoods. I rubbed shoulders with guys all my life. Since birth. As far as my own personal credentials go (I won't even go there).

Do you NOT think that I'd bump into guys, go to school with guys, play ball, and hang out with guys. Be with my family members while they operated and bounced around?

Remember, that I didn't grow up out of state. Or in some rural area, or city where there is no presence of organized crime. In my neighborhood if I threw a rock I'd hit 12 wiseguys, or their family members.

In fact I'm not gonna even go any further. Use your imagination and maybe, just maybe, you'll realize that I'm a bit more hooked in than one would first imagine.

My partner was laughing yesterday at some of the comments on the forum. She could not believe that nobody would notice that while she lists her name as Lisa openly. I always go under the handle of "The Other Guy." Why do you think that might be? She was surprised that nobody would deduce that maybe it's because I wanna keep my anonymity.

Or maybe because no one gives a fuck

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999936
11/17/20 10:03 AM
11/17/20 10:03 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Kingscounty

-----

Bravo!

Your still posting on this idiot thread? Get a life!

To the poster that said all of us here are “fanboys” to some degree, I guess you haven’t read some of the older times post on this site. A lot guys in past have posted here saying crime doesn’t pay. They learned from personal experience. Not biased fanboy bullshit from the above.

Turnbull, yes the guy adds to forum but at the cost of turning people off by his bias support of criminals. Because at the end of the day these guys he defends so Vehemently are criminals. And believe me I get hating US government. I’m all in on that, but let’s call a spade a spade here. As far as his articles I have never gotten through a whole one. Way WAY too biased. You know, the definition of a “fanboys” writing.

I miss the days of pizza boy arguing with Ivy League over facts. They never made it personal. This guy here gets his g-string in a knot if you disagree with him or point out how biased he is. Look at how he took over a thread I posted to get a bunch of laughs and had to get those shameless plugs in.

----
I wasn't even going to respond to this post of yours but I felt a bit compelled. Lol. You first started the thread. So who's really the idiot here? Lol

Nobody gets turned off here but you, and I suspect that may be because of a personal flaw in your makeup. And the fact that you cannot finish reading an article or story is another failing of yours. But hey, what can I say?

But regardless of all that. If you don't like my work I suggest don't read it. Why do you feel it's required reading?

And as far as being patriotic. I'm as patriotic as the next guy, maybe even more so! (so are most wiseguys for your information). My father and uncles served in actual combat in WWII. My father was wounded in one battle and received medals. My uncle too. How about you? What have you done for our country? I suspect not much!

How about we agree to disagree ok? We obviously don't see eye to eye, and we never will. I for one, am very happy about that fact. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: NYMafia] #999937
11/17/20 10:06 AM
11/17/20 10:06 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
NYMafia has claimed to be related to two ranking wiseguys, which explains the slant inherent in all of his posts.

Two options.

Assuming he's fibbing, A): He is a fantasist who has developed an obsession with a certain Italian-American subculture.
Assuming he's telling the truth, B): Everything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt because he cannot remain impartial about government witnesses or cases that are on the docket.

Which wiseguys has he claimed to be related to? I must admit I doubt he knows any wiseguys, but I do enjoy some of his articles. I know many of them are fiction, but some are accurate

---
Ralph, I'm glad you enjoy my articles. But why would you say some are "fiction"? NONE are fiction. they are not even 95% accurate. I'd put that range at about 99%. (hey, nobody is perfect right? Lol)

As far as knowing wiseguys. Again, why would you say that? Why is that so incredulous?

My father, uncles, grandfather, great uncles, and several cousins, were ALL wiseguys. FACT! ..... Over the years i grew up in the areas of Downtown New York - Little Italy, Brooklyn, and Queens. At one time or another I lived in all those areas. All of which were heavily saturated Italian neighborhoods. I rubbed shoulders with guys all my life. Since birth. As far as my own personal credentials go (I won't even go there).

Do you NOT think that I'd bump into guys, go to school with guys, play ball, and hang out with guys. Be with my family members while they operated and bounced around?

Remember, that I didn't grow up out of state. Or in some rural area, or city where there is no presence of organized crime. In my neighborhood if I threw a rock I'd hit 12 wiseguys, or their family members.

In fact I'm not gonna even go any further. Use your imagination and maybe, just maybe, you'll realize that I'm a bit more hooked in than one would first imagine.

My partner was laughing yesterday at some of the comments on the forum. She could not believe that nobody would notice that while she lists her name as Lisa openly. I always go under the handle of "The Other Guy." Why do you think that might be? She was surprised that nobody would deduce that maybe it's because I wanna keep my anonymity.

Your articles are well written for the most part and I truly appreciate your effort. However, the biggest problem every true crime writer has is the source. That is why many OC articles tend to be a little off at times. The writer can be as honest as Jesus, but his sources rarely are. Jerry Capeci may be right 60-70% of the time, and I consider him to be one of the better true crime writers out there.

As far as you knowing or being related to wiseguys. Look, a lot of people have claimed that around here. I always take that stuff with a grain of salt. Not saying you're a liar, but I am also not saying I believe you either. Hell, you could be a childhood friend of Danny Pagano for all I know. I'm not sure why you want to remain anonymous or why you feel the need to point that out. A lot of people get off by making people think they are bigger than they truly are. You could be Vincent Gotti's pool boy for all I know.

I like Lisa a lot. Does she post here? She does a very good job with the videos.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999940
11/17/20 10:13 AM
11/17/20 10:13 AM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy
Or because or writing sucks and it’s extremely biased. Like watching CNN or Fox News. Btw your above statement again proves how biased you are. It’s ok to admit it I would respect you a whole a hell of a lot more.

You have zero self awareness. If it wasn’t for your writing style I would think you were a typical 20 something in today’s world. I mean did you even go back and read all stupid shit you wrote just in this joke of thread? Self serving and completely unaware of oneself. I mean you’ve completely gone off track you even needed to know what Ralph meant by people not liking you. Wake up. Oh well if nothing else your just another guy to cringe at.

Last edited by Kingscounty; 11/17/20 10:17 AM.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #999942
11/17/20 10:15 AM
11/17/20 10:15 AM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy

Two options.

---f

Your articles are well written for the most part and I truly appreciate your effort. However, the biggest problem every true crime writer has is the source. That is why many OC articles tend to be a little off at times. The writer can be as honest as Jesus, but his sources rarely are. Jerry Capeci may be right 60-70% of the time, and I consider him to be one of the better true crime writers out there.

As far as you knowing or being related to wiseguys. Look, a lot of people have claimed that around here. I always take that stuff with a grain of salt. Not saying you're a liar, but I am also not saying I believe you either. Hell, you could be a childhood friend of Danny Pagano for all I know. I'm not sure why you want to remain anonymous or why you feel the need to point that out. A lot of people get off by making people think they are bigger than they truly are. You could be Vincent Gotti's pool boy for all I know.

I like Lisa a lot. Does she post here? She does a very good job with the videos.

Well written? Are we reading the same articles?

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #999943
11/17/20 10:23 AM
11/17/20 10:23 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Two options.

---

---
Lisa is my partner in the Buttonguys website as well as the Mob Fireside Podcast, where she narrates my work.

I do not mention my connections or family members for any other reason than to try and let you know that what I write often comes from direct knowledge of either knowing these people, or knowing of these people from my personal interactions with them through my lifetime. How the hell do you think that I'm able to provide some of the intricate details about some of them? Through osmosis?

It is certainly not to make you think that I'm a "big man" or to pat myself on the back. Lol... thats the furtherest thing from my mind. That would be awfully pathetic to say the least! LOL

For me its just about providing credibility for my work. Understand?

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999944
11/17/20 10:38 AM
11/17/20 10:38 AM
Underboss
Underboss

Well written? Are we reading the same articles?

Haha I will admit that some of it does feel like a child wrote it. I don't know how old this guy is. Maybe he's 22 or something. I don't wanna come off as some kind of hater though. He could get better.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #999945
11/17/20 10:43 AM
11/17/20 10:43 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Two options.

---

I do post here. I usually post up the new article links and sometimes comment on things but pretty much try to keep my mouth shut. However, I do feel compelled to make a comment about this thread. First, though, thanks for the compliment on the videos. They're a lot of work but I thoroughly enjoy doing them especially the Cherry Hill ones as that is probably my area of expertise in the vast ocean of all things mafia.

I also think some people on here (and this isn't directed at you per se) are like the pot calling the kettle black. You can't call someone biased because they take one side of things while on they themselves take a particular side of an issue. If you're pro-government, that's being as biased as someone taking the side per se of the mafia subject at hand. For the most part, The Other Guy lays out the facts in any bio or article he writes and he presents both sides as I do as well. The only difference being is that we actually present the other side of the story -- so unlike a lot of stuff out there -- it's not just lopsided in favor of the government.

I don't necessarily understand why people have such a problem with other people taking a different view on this subject. But the loudest complainers seem to be those that are antimafia which once again makes me want to beg the question of why exactly if you're so antimafia, are you on a site dedicated to the mafia and devoting so much time to this subject? Are you a wannabe fed? Are you a fed in hiding trying to stir the pot looking for information and maybe the truths of what we write is shattering your smoke and mirrors? I just don't get it.

Last edited by NYMafia; 11/17/20 11:02 AM.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999946
11/17/20 10:49 AM
11/17/20 10:49 AM
Underboss
Underboss

I do post here. I usually post up the new article links and sometimes comment on things but pretty much try to keep my mouth shut. However, I do feel compelled to make a comment about this thread. First, though, thanks for the compliment on the videos. They're a lot of work but I thoroughly enjoy doing them especially the Cherry Hill ones as that is probably my area of expertise in the vast ocean of all things mafia.

You are very welcome. I hope your YouTube channel takes off. Absolutely LOVED the Cherry Hill videos by the way. Please keep doing what you're doing. The channel is in my top 5 at this point

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999948
11/17/20 10:54 AM
11/17/20 10:54 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

What is it about the mafia that attracts Walter Mitty characters like NYMafia and Jeff Lowman?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999951
11/17/20 11:05 AM
11/17/20 11:05 AM
Underboss
Underboss

I also think some people on here (and this isn't directed at you per se) are like the pot calling the kettle black. You can't call someone biased because they take one side of things while on they themselves take a particular side of an issue. If you're pro-government, that's being as biased as someone taking the side per se of the mafia subject at hand. For the most part, The Other Guy lays out the facts in any bio or article he writes and he presents both sides as I do as well. The only difference being is that we actually present the other side of the story -- so unlike a lot of stuff out there -- it's not just lopsided in favor of the government.

I don't necessarily understand why people have such a problem with other people taking a different view on this subject. But the loudest complainers seem to be those that are antimafia which once again makes me want to beg the question of why exactly if you're so antimafia, are you on a site dedicated to the mafia and devoting so much time to this subject? Are you a wannabe fed? Are you a fed in hiding trying to stir the pot looking for information and maybe the truths of what we write is shattering your smoke and mirrors? I just don't get it.

I get where you're coming from, and just to clarify I am NOT anti-mafia. I absolutely adore the mafia. I always root for them when they're having problems in court and stuff. Growing up, I was the biggest Nicky Scarfo fan. I even sent his lawyers money

Proud of you Lisa. Keep on killin 'em

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #999952
11/17/20 11:28 AM
11/17/20 11:28 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I get where you're coming from, and just to clarify I am NOT anti-mafia. I absolutely adore the mafia. I always root for them when they're having problems in court and stuff. Growing up, I was the biggest Nicky Scarfo fan. I even sent his lawyers money

I get that NYMafia adores the mafia. That's not my quibble. Lots of people probably watched movies like The Godfather and Goodfellas and TV shows like The Sopranos and are unable to understand what they were trying to convey, and separate them from real life, in the way Coppola, Scorsese and Chase intended. He should just have a disclaimer on everything he writes that says he's a mafia fan so people know not to be hoodwinked into thinking that what he's writing carries any credibility or integrity.

I don't want to insult the guy, he writes some interesting stuff and makes the forum livelier, but I draw the line on him acting like an authority or some impartial expert.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #999953
11/17/20 11:29 AM
11/17/20 11:29 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

You are very welcome. I hope your YouTube channel takes off. Absolutely LOVED the Cherry Hill videos by the way. Please keep doing what you're doing. The channel is in my top 5 at this point

Thanks. Two more episodes of Cherry Hill left...and I've expanded quite a bit from my original article on the site but am trying to put in all the additional info over there as I write it.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #999955
11/17/20 11:33 AM
11/17/20 11:33 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

I get that NYMafia adores the mafia. That's not my quibble. Lots of people probably watched movies like The Godfather and Goodfellas and TV shows like The Sopranos and are unable to understand what they were trying to convey, and separate them from real life, in the way Coppola, Scorsese and Chase intended. He should just have a disclaimer on everything he writes that says he's a mafia fan so people know not to be hoodwinked into thinking that what he's writing carries any credibility or integrity.

I don't want to insult the guy, he writes some interesting stuff and makes the forum livelier, but I draw the line on him acting like an authority or some impartial expert.

I know this is directed at The Other Guy, but I have to chime in with a little shocker....I'm personally not a mafia movie fan. I would lose at any trivia bet related to the Godfather or even Goodfellas and even though I was a television critic for many years and wrote for an entertainment site....I've never seen the Sopranos. Thus, for me, I'm not living in some fiction television fantasy world. And neither is the Other Guy for that matter...lol. And again....if the articles are based on research and facts how is it not credible? Because we're not posting government press releases which are truly biased?

Last edited by NYMafia; 11/17/20 11:41 AM.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999957
11/17/20 12:25 PM
11/17/20 12:25 PM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy
To be clear, two people can use the same account on here?

So to the second person. Lisa I assume? I’m guessing here since that name was thrown out there and I truly have no idea who you are. Again I tried reading some of these “articles” of the member or apparently members known as NYMafia and couldn’t get through them. So forgive if I have the wrong person. Who is it that you think is pro government here? I mean your on a LCN site so I wouldn’t think there would be too many.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999958
11/17/20 12:35 PM
11/17/20 12:35 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

So to the second person. Lisa I assume? I’m guessing here since that name was thrown out there and I truly have no idea who you are. Again I tried reading some of these “articles” of the member or apparently members known as NYMafia and couldn’t get through them. So forgive if I have the wrong person. Who is it that you think is pro government here? I mean your on a LCN site so I wouldn’t think there would be too many.

I'm the one who designs and manages the site as well as puts together the YouTube videos. The Other Guy is the primary writer on the site although I myself have contributed some articles. I've been a journalist for over 30 years having written for The Chicago Tribune and other newspapers in the Chicago area as well as for magazines and so forth. I also wrote the story/book on Steven Crea and the Meldish Murder - Guilt for the Guiltless.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: NYMafia] #999959
11/17/20 12:47 PM
11/17/20 12:47 PM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy

I'm the one who designs and manages the site as well as puts together the YouTube videos. The Other Guy is the primary writer on the site although I myself have contributed some articles. I've been a journalist for over 30 years having written for The Chicago Tribune and other newspapers in the Chicago area as well as for magazines and so forth. I also wrote the story/book on Steven Crea and the Meldish Murder - Guilt for the Guiltless.

Ok cool. There’s a big difference in the linguistics. I wanted to clear that up. Thank you.

But back to the question I posed. Who is it that you think is so very pro government?

Last edited by Kingscounty; 11/17/20 12:52 PM.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999960
11/17/20 01:11 PM
11/17/20 01:11 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Ok cool. There’s a big difference in the linguistics. I wanted to clear that up. Thank you.

But back to the question I posed. Who is it that you think is so very pro government?

Moe Tilden is the first that comes to mind.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: NYMafia] #999961
11/17/20 01:17 PM
11/17/20 01:17 PM
Underboss
Underboss

This makes sooo much more sense now. A few articles are supremely well written. At first I was truly impressed, but then I started seeing more and more articles that had wording that I could only see a child use or somebody who doesn't know how to write. It was so confusing. I thought for a while that somebody had a drinking problem or something. I was totally willing to forgive all that lol

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: NYMafia] #999962
11/17/20 01:21 PM
11/17/20 01:21 PM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy

Moe Tilden is the first that comes to mind.

Lol ok. I can’t debate that. But to fair to Moe and in my years of lurking here he more so seems to be busting balls more then anything else. But again as I said I very rarely post and engage. I found the story hilarious and I had to post it. As far as your partner he rubs me the wrong way. That’s all. Him and I don’t need to go back and forth. Some people just don’t mix.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #999963
11/17/20 01:22 PM
11/17/20 01:22 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

This makes sooo much more sense now. A few articles are supremely well written. At first I was truly impressed, but then I started seeing more and more articles that had wording that I could only see a child use or somebody who doesn't know how to write. It was so confusing. I thought for a while that somebody had a drinking problem or something. I was totally willing to forgive all that lol

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but The Other Guy is a good writer, tells a compelling story, and is a superb researcher.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999964
11/17/20 01:26 PM
11/17/20 01:26 PM
Underboss
Underboss
I know he's your friend, but you are a much better writer Lisa. He could very well be a fine researcher though. Everyone is good at something.

If I could, I'd pay you to do what you do Lisa. The fact that you're doing this for free is fucked up. You deserve some good pay for this

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999967
11/17/20 01:47 PM
11/17/20 01:47 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
What was this thread even about before it got hijacked?

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: mike68] #999968
11/17/20 01:49 PM
11/17/20 01:49 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted by mike68
What was this thread even about before it got hijacked?

I have no idea

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999970
11/17/20 02:00 PM
11/17/20 02:00 PM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy
Me either and I started the thing

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3