GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 218 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,817
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,400
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,425
Posts1,060,726
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Lucchese Crime Family circa 1960-1975 [Re: GerryLang] #1001310
12/13/20 02:01 PM
12/13/20 02:01 PM
T
TonyBombassolo Offline
Banned
TonyBombassolo  Offline
Banned
T
Made Member
Originally Posted by GerryLang
Originally Posted by TonyBombassolo
I heard a rumor that the Demeo crew was behind the hit on Joseph Abinanti any thoughts on this?

In one of Christie Tick Furnari's appeals to get out of prison it states the Government believes he was involved/behind the attempted murder of Joseph Abinanti. That seems strange though, as Abinanti helped with the Dilapi murder. I think that info must have come from Casso, because one of the other murders mentioned in the appeal is Lee Schleifer, who I believe was murdered by Casso on orders of Furnari. Casso was probably involved in the Abinanti being he was Furnari's go to guy for work during that time period.

https://casetext.com/case/furnari-v-us-parole-commission

When Al D'arco met that really old Italian guy in Vario's crew he told Al he'd be available for a piece of work if he needed him, even though he probably couldn't walk 20 feet.

Fantastic share that showcases the government's hypocrisy in regards to Gaspipe.

Here they happily cite his testimony to keep people in jail, but ignore it when it conflicted with Sammy the Rat's testiomony vs Gotti.

"the Parole Commission finds the information from the U.S. Attorney's Office on your personal responsibility for several of the murders (victims Schleifer, Taglianetti, and DeCicco) and attempted murder (victim Abinanti) to be credible and reliable, even though much of the information may have come from Anthony Casso, one of the most violent members of your organization"

so is that information available in testimony somewhere? Because it looks to me like the government is attempting to introduce evidence in a probationary hearing that isnt a matter of record per cross-examined testimony.

Also lets remember Gaspipe had no problem using the Demo crew....he used them for the Reznikov murder.

Last edited by TonyBombassolo; 12/13/20 02:10 PM.
Re: The Lucchese Crime Family circa 1960-1975 [Re: Dob_Peppino] #1030330
02/21/22 11:25 AM
02/21/22 11:25 AM
Dob_Peppino Offline OP
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline OP
Underboss

One of the most interesting thoughts I had about the original leader of this Family Tom Gagliano. This guy was such a shadow I wonder if members of other Families even knew he existed. I know Bosses knew who he was but I wonder about soldiers on the streets. Could it have been that people just assumed it was Tommy Brown running the whole show. It would seem even if you were in this group, if you were made after 1950, you didn't even know about him. They kept him pretty quiet

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: The Lucchese Crime Family circa 1960-1975 [Re: Njein] #1032958
04/16/22 07:41 PM
04/16/22 07:41 PM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
"For being the smallest brugad (about 120-140 made men), they sure did have men who were quite the money makers. Vario, Abate, Tom Mix, Eddie Coco, Johnny Dio, Big Sam, Tony Ham Delasco, etc. Lukes went from being a well-oiled machine under Tony Ducks to nothing but brokesters under Amuso and Gaspipe."

Njein, you're full of shit, the Luccheses were still making serious money for the rest of the 1980s and into the early 90s, under Amuso and Casso. They were far from brokesters. Sure they were lousy bosses who destroyed the Lucchese Family, but to call them brokesters when they got a big piece of the gasoline bootlegging scam and the window replacement scam is a stretch. Also, the Colombos have always been the smallest.

Last edited by Liggio; 04/16/22 09:06 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull