GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 158 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,242
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ange and Galante #995551
08/14/20 05:57 PM
08/14/20 05:57 PM
N
Njein Offline OP
Capo
Njein  Offline OP
N
Capo
Did Angelo Bruno ever do any business with Lilo?

Re: Ange and Galante [Re: Njein] #996322
08/31/20 03:02 AM
08/31/20 03:02 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Yes, but the two never met. It was through their emissaries, Johnny Keys and Joe Bayonne. Galante did meet with Joe Ida on three different occasions, one of them being Appalachian, the earliest meeting was around 1951 when Galante drove Frank Garofalo and Natale Evola to a meeting in Northern New Jersey, the last was right after Appalachian.
The business between Angelo Bruno and Carmine Galante seems to revolve around booking making territories, unpaid loans of soldiers, and vending machines. Have not come across anything on narcotics, except Galante making sure pipelines to Rosario Gambino and the Russo brothers in the Genovese family in New Jersey, which their products entered Philadelphia sphere of influence, but nothing directly tying Bruno and Galante.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Ange and Galante [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #996737
09/10/20 12:03 AM
09/10/20 12:03 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Yes, but the two never met. It was through their emissaries, Johnny Keys and Joe Bayonne. Galante did meet with Joe Ida on three different occasions, one of them being Appalachian, the earliest meeting was around 1951 when Galante drove Frank Garofalo and Natale Evola to a meeting in Northern New Jersey, the last was right after Appalachian.
The business between Angelo Bruno and Carmine Galante seems to revolve around booking making territories, unpaid loans of soldiers, and vending machines. Have not come across anything on narcotics, except Galante making sure pipelines to Rosario Gambino and the Russo brothers in the Genovese family in New Jersey, which their products entered Philadelphia sphere of influence, but nothing directly tying Bruno and Galante.

Very interesting Gia...But , may I ask....what was ur source 4 this info??

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Ange and Galante [Re: Njein] #996807
09/12/20 03:08 AM
09/12/20 03:08 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The 1950s was information given by a FBN informant located in New Jersey. Bruno and Galante going through John Simone and Joe Zicarelli are from numerous informants, all adamant no drug deals were done, with one informant confirmed to be a made member in the Bruno family repeatedly saying that after Tommy Lucchese died, Angelo would only meet with Gambino family membersCarlo Gambino, and Paul Castellano, from New York, and let John Simone, Joe Rugnetta, and Tony Caponigro deal with the rest from New York and New Jersey. Bruno made Phil Testa his underboss, but was making sure Testa was not making many connections to New York, New Jersey, or any family outside Philadelphia, making sure Testa did not have the power to overthrow him.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Ange and Galante [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #996810
09/12/20 05:12 AM
09/12/20 05:12 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

The 1950s was information given by a FBN informant located in New Jersey. Bruno and Galante going through John Simone and Joe Zicarelli are from numerous informants, all adamant no drug deals were done, with one informant confirmed to be a made member in the Bruno family repeatedly saying that after Tommy Lucchese died, Angelo would only meet with Gambino family membersCarlo Gambino, and Paul Castellano, from New York, and let John Simone, Joe Rugnetta, and Tony Caponigro deal with the rest from New York and New Jersey. Bruno made Phil Testa his underboss, but was making sure Testa was not making many connections to New York, New Jersey, or any family outside Philadelphia, making sure Testa did not have the power to overthrow him.

-----
It's been well documented in MF that there were several informants in Philly at that time, made guys also. But I never read anywhere that they had spoken of such matters. In NJ there were a few rats as well. But again, that sort of info I've never read of.

In Philly they highly suspected one informant to have been Scafidi, another was Riccobene. In the 1960s they had a Jewish hood Kayo Konigsberg who was around Zicarelli. But again I've never read anywhere that any of them spoke of that, or would have even had that kind of sensitive knowledge of a Bosses movements and mindset to be able to give their handlers that type of intelligence.

I'd be curious to know where you read those statements in particular, and from which rat? I'd love to be able to read that type of info myself.

So if you can, please direct me where I can dig out such informant "gold", and which rat gave it. What are the sources you are speaking from?

Because this is in fact "Gold", and I'd love to do a few articles on them.

Re: Ange and Galante [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #996823
09/12/20 10:45 AM
09/12/20 10:45 AM
N
Njein Offline OP
Capo
Njein  Offline OP
N
Capo

What caused Ange to meet only with Carlo Gambino and Big Paul, but not any of the other New York families or even the DeCavalcantes? Was it because Funzi Tieri coveted his North Jersey numbers and gambling rackets, or that Lilo wasn't giving him his cut of the heroin $$$ from Sicily and Montreal?

Re: Ange and Galante [Re: Njein] #996828
09/12/20 03:26 PM
09/12/20 03:26 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
@Njein
Don Carlo and Angelo had a relationship back to the days of Prohibition. This is why Angelo reached out to Gambino to settle the philly boss situation in the late 50s. I am not too sure about Bruno's relations to the other powerful NY figures.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: Ange and Galante [Re: Njein] #996845
09/13/20 06:39 AM
09/13/20 06:39 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Not FBI. FBN, and New Jersey, I would not doubt the FBI having the same or most of the same info since when Hoover told his agents to go after the mafia, they pretty much went into detective offices who were following these guys for years and copied or took then information with them when they left.

Re: Ange and Galante [Re: Njein] #996848
09/13/20 08:57 AM
09/13/20 08:57 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

In truth Philly sold drugs regardless of whatever general dictate came down for the boss. Didn't Pete Casella get caught in a multi-state heroin deal with NYC guys connected to the Genovese, Lucchese, Gambino and Bonanno crews. He did a lot of time on that case.

I believe Harry Riccobene also dabbled in drugs. I'm sure there were a few others as well. Skinny Razor comes to mind as one.

Re: Ange and Galante [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #996873
09/13/20 10:11 PM
09/13/20 10:11 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

But Gia , Bruno had nil influence back in fifties until Ida moved 2 Italy..he only became boss in 1959..what gives????

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Ange and Galante [Re: Njein] #996881
09/14/20 04:29 AM
09/14/20 04:29 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The informant from the 1950s was on Joe Ida, Frank Garofalo, Vito Genovese, Joe Adonis, Carmine Galante, pretty much almost everyone caught up in the drug bust after Appalachian. His information is on Joe Ida and Carmine Galante meeting. The information on Angelo Bruno did not start surfacing till Phil Testa became underboss for awhile, the informant was close to Bruno, Denaro, the Lagana brothers, Martirano, the Nicoletti brothers, Napoli, Panetta, Rugnetta, Sindone, Simone, and Turco. The informant had a strong dislike for both Tony Caponigro, and Phil Testa so he did not hang around them and only met with them if he had to. There are multiple informants and sorry if it seemed as one.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull