GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 78 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,022
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,283
pizzaboy 23,296
Hollander 23,206
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,479
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,175
Posts1,055,792
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965710
03/10/19 01:31 PM
03/10/19 01:31 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

There's probably a lot more elderly people who are victims of white collar crime than there are elderly people who are victims of violent crime.

Look at this: http://www.ladbible.com/now/viral-s...derly-mum-into-buying-new-doors-20161015

I guarantee you there lots more door-to-door salesmen and tradesmen who would have no compunctions about taking advantage of older people. A lot of older people, unfortunately, have no clue about personal finances and it puts a strain on their children knowing that there are sharks out there, much like the guy in the linked story.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Moe_Tilden] #965715
03/10/19 02:02 PM
03/10/19 02:02 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
There's probably a lot more elderly people who are victims of white collar crime than there are elderly people who are victims of violent crime.

Look at this: http://www.ladbible.com/now/viral-s...derly-mum-into-buying-new-doors-20161015

I guarantee you there lots more door-to-door salesmen and tradesmen who would have no compunctions about taking advantage of older people. A lot of older people, unfortunately, have no clue about personal finances and it puts a strain on their children knowing that there are sharks out there, much like the guy in the linked story.

Eyh, if you choose to send your money to a nigerian prince thats on you.

"No one's ever gonna kill me, they wouldn't dare." - Carmine Galante

In the mob, you're either at the dinner table, or on the menu.
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965719
03/10/19 02:18 PM
03/10/19 02:18 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The Nigerian Prince (or the Russian hacker) is going to rip your grandmother off for far more than any of the minority street gangs will. That's the point.

Predatory sales tactics to the elderly is a serious problem, especially to elderly people living alone. The legality of it is in a gray area because of decreasing business regulations. A lot of salespeople are instructed to deceive the elderly, to say the kinds of things they'll fall for, and for the most part they get away clean. This is a much bigger threat to the elderly than violent crime, even in high crime areas.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: OakAsFan] #965721
03/10/19 02:35 PM
03/10/19 02:35 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
The Nigerian Prince (or the Russian hacker) is going to rip your grandmother off for far more than any of the minority street gangs will. That's the point.

Predatory sales tactics to the elderly is a serious problem, especially to elderly people living alone. The legality of it is in a gray area because of decreasing business regulations. A lot of salespeople are instructed to deceive the elderly, to say the kinds of things they'll fall for, and for the most part they get away clean. This is a much bigger threat to the elderly than violent crime, even in high crime areas.

Im not saying against it, the world is sh*t in many ways.
My point earlier was only that I think its worthwile to crack more down on more upfront violent crime.
The state should offer lectures and educate oldfolks maybe, unless the state is in on the scam which honestly wouldn't surprise me much.

People can call both me and my statements bias but its motherf*cking facts. And I stick with my opinion that scam artists where you "choose" to give your money away may be more lucrative but much better than gunpoint robbries at ATM Machines. Which is more common, accepted and encouraged among black, latin and those types of gangs. I promise I don't hate minorities although you can interpret it like that if you're that delicate eveb though i disclaimed it. I dont really care tbh.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965723
03/10/19 02:46 PM
03/10/19 02:46 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Actually, you presented no facts. You just parroted the widely contested statement that minority gangs are more dangerous than white organized crime groups. There is really no scientific way to determine this. Most of the stats are not applicable because there are so many other factors at play (poverty, age, how gangs and the mob use each other, and several other factors). Again, correlation doesn't equal causation. The most accurate conclusion is that the mafia and street gangs are both dangerous.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: OakAsFan] #965724
03/10/19 02:47 PM
03/10/19 02:47 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
Actually, you presented no facts. You just parroted the widely contested statement that minority gangs are more dangerous than white organized crime groups. There is really no scientific way to determine this. Most of the stats are not applicable because there are so many other factors at play. Again, correlation doesn't equal causation. The most accurate conclusion is that the mafia and street gangs are both dangerous.

I agree, but tell me which one you'd prefer outside in your neighborhood.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965725
03/10/19 02:50 PM
03/10/19 02:50 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I agree, but tell me which one you'd prefer outside in youneighborhood.

It depends which mobsters and which gang members.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: OakAsFan] #965726
03/10/19 02:51 PM
03/10/19 02:51 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button

Fair enough, Oaks

Last edited by Luxurydog; 03/10/19 02:52 PM.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965727
03/10/19 02:52 PM
03/10/19 02:52 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'd bet the guy who accidentally hit John Gotti's son with a car wished he lived in a gang area instead of a mob controlled area.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965728
03/10/19 03:00 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

The guy whose jaw was broken by Carmine Persico's grandson probably wishes a gang member asked him for his lighter instead.

All the guys who crossed paths with Junior Gotti when he was using his surname to start gang assaults on random people probably wished they encountered the son of a gang member instead.

The guy who spoke to the girlfriend of Carmine Galante's nephew would probably have wished to have spoken to a gang member's girlfriend instead, were he still alive.

Or maybe it doesn't make a difference?

There are scumbags from every walk of life. It doesn't matter whether they wear NBA merchandise or Fila shell suits.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: OakAsFan] #965729
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
I'd bet the guy who accidentally hit John Gotti's son with a car wished he lived in a gang area instead of a mob controlled area.

Yeah, can you imagine if he hit Big Meech's kid instead?
(leader of BMF)

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965730
03/10/19 03:01 PM
03/10/19 03:01 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

(leader of BMF)

Dissolve his body in even more acid?

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Moe_Tilden] #965731
03/10/19 03:02 PM
03/10/19 03:02 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button

There are scumbags from every walk of life. It doesn't matter whether they wear NBA merchandise or Fila shell suits.

Totally, but you are painting the wrong picture here I dunno how to respond, i disagree because the point is the scale.

Wiki:

According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than vice versa

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Moe_Tilden] #965732
03/10/19 03:03 PM
03/10/19 03:03 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button

(leader of BMF)

Dissolve his body in even more acid?

Probably.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965734
03/10/19 03:19 PM
03/10/19 03:19 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
(leader of BMF)

Same result. You're further demonstrating my point.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965737
03/10/19 03:22 PM
03/10/19 03:22 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than vice versa

I hate to be repetitive, but every time you do this, I have to set the record straight. These stats overlook too many other factors. Poverty, age, quality of education, and many others. Correlation does not equal causation.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Moe_Tilden] #965743
03/10/19 03:42 PM
03/10/19 03:42 PM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
The guy whose jaw was broken by Carmine Persico's grandson probably wishes a gang member asked him for his lighter instead.

All the guys who crossed paths with Junior Gotti when he was using his surname to start gang assaults on random people probably wished they encountered the son of a gang member instead.

The guy who spoke to the girlfriend of Carmine Galante's nephew would probably have wished to have spoken to a gang member's girlfriend instead, were he still alive.

Whether it was Junior Gotti and his crew of steroid freaks busting heads or the Scrawny Guy and his crew of glorified gang members rolling drunks in Margate, the unproved assaults by the young punks from the second generation are the most annoying to me. I know that neither of their dads were fathers of the year, but they each had a chance to follow a different path. There is no excuse for attacking civilians who because of who their dads were really couldn't even fight back.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965744
03/10/19 03:49 PM
03/10/19 03:49 PM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member

Fair enough, Oaks

I don't think that you can say that Carmine Persico or any other mob boss was a good guy, on balance they do far more harm than good. I am not a liberal by any means but guys like Persico and Gotti were portrayed much differently by the media and perceived much differently by the general public than guys like Jeff Fort or Tookie Williams or El Chapo. I am sure that there are people from their neighborhoods or towns who could point to some nice things that they did in the community. Heck, some people in Columbia loved Escobar. Good deeds after a guy has murdered his way to the top don't excuse all of the death and suffering that he likely caused, be the guy Italian, Black, Mexican of whatever else.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965745
03/10/19 04:25 PM
03/10/19 04:25 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I don't think concluding that both the mob and gang members are bad is party to any political ideology. The fact that it needs to be explained shows how hysterical this country has become.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965747
03/10/19 04:33 PM
03/10/19 04:33 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Steering the thread back to a old school mafia boss insert picture of his brooklyn mansion. Has there been a offical obit?

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: OakAsFan] #965751
03/10/19 05:48 PM
03/10/19 05:48 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss

I hate to be repetitive, but every time you do this, I have to set the record straight. These stats overlook too many other factors. Poverty, age, quality of education, and many others. Correlation does not equal causation.

[Linked Image]

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965754
03/10/19 06:02 PM
03/10/19 06:02 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Is the point of the meme that he's a liar and a scumbag because he's black?

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: OakAsFan] #965755
03/10/19 06:06 PM
03/10/19 06:06 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Is the point of the meme that he's a liar and a scumbag because he's black?

The point is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965756
03/10/19 06:10 PM
03/10/19 06:10 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Ralphie's going to take his ball and go home.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: OakAsFan] #965761
03/10/19 07:57 PM
03/10/19 07:57 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button

Whats those fancy words got to so with anything?
It's still facts if it where the other way around and whites was the poverished prosecuted gangbangerz I would still say the same about them. It got nothing to do with the rotation of the moon or how fast the grass grows in sweden. It is wat it isno matter how you sugecoat it.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965764
03/10/19 08:20 PM
03/10/19 08:20 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
But it's not what it is, because you're claiming correlation establishes causation. There are other factors that produce similar statistics. Income and quality of education, for instance. These factors could just as likely be the catalyst for criminal behavior.

As far as fancy words, the terminology I'm using is pretty much 12th grade reading level. If it's not making sense, let me know what you need help with.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965775
03/11/19 04:47 AM
03/11/19 04:47 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss

I agree, but tell me which one you'd prefer outside in your neighborhood.

i grow up in a extremely mobbed up area in italy, i don't know about street gangs areas, but it's better to live in a place witouth any of them if possible
but i think mafia is by far dangerous, at least in the long period

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: OakAsFan] #965776
03/11/19 05:20 AM
03/11/19 05:20 AM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
But it's not what it is, because you're claiming correlation establishes causation. There are other factors that produce similar statistics. Income and quality of education, for instance. These factors could just as likely be the catalyst for criminal behavior.

As far as fancy words, the terminology I'm using is pretty much 12th grade reading level. If it's not making sense, let me know what you need help with.

I went through 12th grade 12 times so that's bs!
Jk, but had to google correlation-causation
Why don't blacks promote gambling and such at the same scale? God knows that poor people gamble the most.

Also, you can correlate causiate whatever you want, it's still how it is even if it is because of unfair systems or whatever. You can't argue against it with that argument.

You can't say that someone didn't climb mount everest because there was so much wind up their ass they levitated.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965781
03/11/19 08:26 AM
03/11/19 08:26 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
We're not arguing how anything is. You're trying to establish cause, and making a weak case.

You brought race into this discussion, to make the case that the mob isn't as bad as black gangs, all because you were triggered by someone's argument that someone like Persico shouldnt be put on a pedestal. So, if you're going to try to make your case with crime stats, you need to find stats that couldnt also be explained by poverty and education level.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965819
03/11/19 05:25 PM
03/11/19 05:25 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline
Capo
Primo  Offline
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
RIP Mr. Persico