GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 135 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,830
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 92 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 91 92
Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Revis_Knicks] #962125
01/22/19 07:59 AM
01/22/19 07:59 AM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted by Revis_Island
Seems like a fair arrangement. Have the Sicilians ever made money like the Ndrangheta are making right now? It almost seems unprecedented. Had the American mafia kept up what they were doing before they were just decimated, I’m sure they would rival them in power and influence but clearly the Ndrangheta is one of the top OC groups in the world if not the top OC group. And the crazy part is, there’s little to no articles out online that identify the real top Ndrangheta bosses.

During 1980's Sicilian mafia was more powerful than 'Ndrangheta today. As Hollander said , they are big players in EU , probably the biggest , but a single group cant control cocaine trade in Europe.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962210
01/23/19 04:32 PM
01/23/19 04:32 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

In northern Italy 16 members of San Luca's Nirta-Scalzone family were arrested, among them Bruno Nirta, brother of Giuseppe, who was shot dead in Spain in 2017.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Strax] #962215
01/23/19 05:18 PM
01/23/19 05:18 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Strax
Seems like a fair arrangement. Have the Sicilians ever made money like the Ndrangheta are making right now? It almost seems unprecedented. Had the American mafia kept up what they were doing before they were just decimated, I’m sure they would rival them in power and influence but clearly the Ndrangheta is one of the top OC groups in the world if not the top OC group. And the crazy part is, there’s little to no articles out online that identify the real top Ndrangheta bosses.

During 1980's Sicilian mafia was more powerful than 'Ndrangheta today. As Hollander said , they are big players in EU , probably the biggest , but a single group cant control cocaine trade in Europe.

It's just that the Calabrians emigrated to a lot more places so the 'ndrangheta is more widespread.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Strax] #962243
01/23/19 11:28 PM
01/23/19 11:28 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss

Were there ever any real estimations on how much Leggio or Riina was worth? I have heard people say that before though. Is the Ndrangheta’s wealth and power even comparable to the Sicilians in the 80s and if not, are they on their way?

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Revis_Knicks] #962258
01/24/19 04:59 AM
01/24/19 04:59 AM
D
doggystyle Offline
Capo
doggystyle  Offline
D
Capo

Were there ever any real estimations on how much Leggio or Riina was worth? I have heard people say that before though. Is the Ndrangheta’s wealth and power even comparable to the Sicilians in the 80s and if not, are they on their way?

Dont listen to m2w he is just an hardcore sicilian mafia fan its just funny. If you think logical the Calabrians make more money now cause they are way deeper in the legitimate buisnesses than the mafias before thats number one then there is the Cocaine buisness which is more worth than the Heroin buisness was back then, and it has spread out throughout every country in the world basically. I mean the numbers Ndrangheta pulls in i have never ever seen somewhere that the sicilian mafia were ever close to it, or any other organization for that matter except for Russian MAfia and the Yakuzas but then we are talking about a countrys whole mafia not a single group like Ndrangheta... Ndrangheta took over the Cosa Nostras place and learned from their mistakes and got better at the things they were doing wrong,, Its kind of obvious right? Its like saying Soccer teams was better in the 80's than the teams now?

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962260
01/24/19 06:02 AM
01/24/19 06:02 AM
M
m2w Online content
Underboss
m2w  Online Content
M
Underboss

doggystyle you seems just a wannabe hip pop fan you dont knows nothing except some inflated numbers you read sometimes and absolutely nothing of the 80s
at that time the political power and the impunity of sicilian mafia was unthinkable today in the western world... just see the tons of mafia murders and judges and politicians killed the direct links with giulio andreotti and p2, the production of heroin in in sicily, international connections etc.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: doggystyle] #962270
01/24/19 10:54 AM
01/24/19 10:54 AM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted by doggystyle

Dont listen to m2w he is just an hardcore sicilian mafia fan its just funny. If you think logical the Calabrians make more money now cause they are way deeper in the legitimate buisnesses than the mafias before thats number one then there is the Cocaine buisness which is more worth than the Heroin buisness was back then, and it has spread out throughout every country in the world basically. I mean the numbers Ndrangheta pulls in i have never ever seen somewhere that the sicilian mafia were ever close to it, or any other organization for that matter except for Russian MAfia and the Yakuzas but then we are talking about a countrys whole mafia not a single group like Ndrangheta... Ndrangheta took over the Cosa Nostras place and learned from their mistakes and got better at the things they were doing wrong,, Its kind of obvious right? Its like saying Soccer teams was better in the 80's than the teams now?

The 80's were completely different time. Sicilian mafia was way more in legitimate businesses than 'Ndrangheta today. Go read about masonic lodge P2,even the president of Vatican Bank was involved (Paul Marcinkus). There are some evidence that P3 and P4 exist today, few 'Ndrangheta bosses were caught on tape talking about it.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Strax] #962305
01/24/19 08:28 PM
01/24/19 08:28 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss

The 80's were completely different time. Sicilian mafia was way more in legitimate businesses than 'Ndrangheta today. Go read about masonic lodge P2,even the president of Vatican Bank was involved (Paul Marcinkus). There are some evidence that P3 and P4 exist today, few 'Ndrangheta bosses were caught on tape talking about it.

I’ve heard this so many times. But what does a Masonic lodge do for the mafia exactly? I’m not even 100% sure a Masonic lodge is. Masons are builders, so are you saying that the mafia controls what gets built and what doesn’t?

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: doggystyle] #962306
01/24/19 08:29 PM
01/24/19 08:29 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss

I do agree that I haven’t seen numbers like the Ndrangheta before. Not even from the Russians, Colombians or Mexicans.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Revis_Knicks] #962314
01/24/19 08:47 PM
01/24/19 08:47 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans

I’ve heard this so many times. But what does a Masonic lodge do for the mafia exactly? I’m not even 100% sure a Masonic lodge is. Masons are builders, so are you saying that the mafia controls what gets built and what doesn’t?

Masonic lodge is a group of very powerful/influential people.When u have at least group of 10 people, its easier to get new powerful people to join , because everyone wanna increase their influence and wealth.

Take a example at masonic lodge P2, some of the members were: Silvio Berlusconi (prime minister of italy later), Paul Marcinkus(president of Vatican Bank),Roberto Calvi(CEO of Banco Ambrosiano), Michele Sindona(banker, owned Franklin National Bank) , heads of all secret services in Italy,Vittorio Emanuele(son of last Italian king) and so on. U get the point.

Masonic lodges are literally "brains behind the mafia", its mostly white collar criminals , they almost never go to prison.

Last edited by Strax; 01/24/19 08:59 PM.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962317
01/24/19 09:04 PM
01/24/19 09:04 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Freemasons control governments and in Italy the mafosi infiltrated the lodges since the 70s, many old school mafiosi were against it and that was the cause of many conflicts. At the end the new mafiosi who were now also masons won the wars.

Last edited by Hollander; 01/24/19 09:04 PM.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Revis_Knicks] #962327
01/25/19 03:45 AM
01/25/19 03:45 AM
M
m2w Online content
Underboss
m2w  Online Content
M
Underboss
[quote=doggystyle]
I do agree that I haven’t seen numbers like the Ndrangheta before. Not even from the Russians, Colombians or Mexicans.

probably because these numbers are mostly inflated or total bullshit, nobody can knows how much a criminal group earn, it's impossibile
anyway the richest gangster in italy is by far the sicilian boss matteo messina denaro, police really seized about 5 billion euros in assets from him, so far

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: m2w] #962346
01/25/19 09:07 AM
01/25/19 09:07 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by m2w
[quote=doggystyle]

probably because these numbers are mostly inflated or total bullshit, nobody can knows how much a criminal group earn, it's impossibile
anyway the richest gangster in italy is by far the sicilian boss matteo messina denaro, police really seized about 5 billion euros in assets from him, so far

I read about the 1.5 billion. They seized 3.5 billion more since then?

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Hollander] #962347
01/25/19 09:08 AM
01/25/19 09:08 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
Freemasons control governments and in Italy the mafosi infiltrated the lodges since the 70s, many old school mafiosi were against it and that was the cause of many conflicts. At the end the new mafiosi who were now also masons won the wars.

Why were the old school mafiosi against them if they could increase their power and influence?

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Revis_Knicks] #962348
01/25/19 09:25 AM
01/25/19 09:25 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Hollander

Why were the old school mafiosi against them if they could increase their power and influence?

They were afraid of losing power that the freemasonry would run their affairs and political connections. Italian lodges unlike british and mainstream lodges have always been very political and are not recognized by the United Grand Lodge of England.

Last edited by Hollander; 01/25/19 09:34 AM.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962350
01/25/19 10:22 AM
01/25/19 10:22 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
If the people from the lodges like Berlusconi were the real brains behind the mafia since the 70s, then were they basically like bosses? Were they the most powerful men in the mafia?

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: m2w] #962351
01/25/19 10:24 AM
01/25/19 10:24 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by m2w
[quote=doggystyle]

I do put some stock into the numbers they report regarding the Ndrangheta because all the large seizures that they’ve had. Yet they keep importing to the same areas regardless. So I do believe that their profits must be staggering.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Revis_Knicks] #962352
01/25/19 10:39 AM
01/25/19 10:39 AM
M
m2w Online content
Underboss
m2w  Online Content
M
Underboss
[quote=m2w]

I do put some stock into the numbers they report regarding the Ndrangheta because all the large seizures that they’ve had. Yet they keep importing to the same areas regardless. So I do believe that their profits must be staggering.

according to police seizures sicilian mafia is the richest, followed by camorra but ndrangheta is probably earning more in the latest years sicilian mafia accumulated billions in assests since the 70s

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: m2w] #962358
01/25/19 12:12 PM
01/25/19 12:12 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by m2w
[quote=m2w]

according to police seizures sicilian mafia is the richest, followed by camorra but ndrangheta is probably earning more in the latest years sicilian mafia accumulated billions in assests since the 70s

The camorra and Sicilians have been more powerful for a longer period of time so I understand what you mean. But like you said, in recent years it seems the ndrangheta has taken their opportunity as the Sicilians and Camorra have been under the spotlight and they’ve become the top power in the world and still growing. At least at the moment.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962360
01/25/19 12:25 PM
01/25/19 12:25 PM
C
Ciment Offline OP
Ciment  Offline OP
C

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/gen...8acd933-57f7-45c5-bb03-263d97ab3276.html

Val d'Aosta councillor arrested in 'Ndrangheta probe
Operation against mob infiltration in northern province

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962362
01/25/19 12:28 PM
01/25/19 12:28 PM
C
Ciment Offline OP
Ciment  Offline OP
C

http://www.cn24tv.it/news/185845/ndrangheta-arrestato-in-belgio-strangio-consegnato-all-italia.html

'Ndrangheta: arrested in Belgium, Strangio delivered to Italy.
Domenico Strangio , a 30-year-old from Siderno, belonging to the homonymous family of San Luca, will be handed over to the Italian police .

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962363
01/25/19 12:34 PM
01/25/19 12:34 PM
C
Ciment Offline OP
Ciment  Offline OP
C

https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/20...esi-un-quarto-della-popolazione/4923084/

'Ndrangheta in Valle d'Aosta, the arrested businessman: "We are 32 thousand Calabrians, a quarter of the population"

So said Antonio Raso, the restaurateur considered at the center of the investigation that led to the arrests on Wednesday. A presence that allowed to address votes with promises of work and led to the election of an affiliate, Nicola Prettico, in the city council of Aosta who had attended a meeting in San Luca

by Andrea Giambartolomei | 25 January 2019

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Revis_Knicks] #962397
01/25/19 06:38 PM
01/25/19 06:38 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

If the people from the lodges like Berlusconi were the real brains behind the mafia since the 70s, then were they basically like bosses? Were they the most powerful men in the mafia?

No the ones who are pulling te strings are members of the 'ndrangheta or cosa nostra but who are also freemasons.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mafia-join-italys-freemasons-to-do-deals-with-judiciary-b6jcm7v0n

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962448
01/26/19 01:33 PM
01/26/19 01:33 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
In recent years,it happened few times that members of freemasonry were arrested & sentenced.

'Ndrangheta boss (and powerful freemason), the lawyer Giorgio De Stefano was sentenced to 20 years in a trial following investigations against a sort of secret masonic lodge infiltrating politics and economy, with the senator Antonio Caridi considered their main "front man" in the state institutions. This trial regards the defendants who chose the "short trial" ("rito abbreviato") and got the proceedings against them concluded sooner; 34 out of 38 defendants got convicted. A number of other defendants chose a "normal" trial, including the alleged leader of the organization, the lawyer and ex-parliament member, Paolo Romeo (already with a criminal record for mafia association).

Giorgio De Stefano was basically untouchable since the 80s: after the 'ndrangheta war in the 80s almost every boss directly involved in it got a life sentence in the "operation Olimpia" trial, while he got 6 years only, imo it was due to his masonic and political connections.

Credits to: dwalin2016 for posting this.

The secret 'Ndrangheta 'cupola', members of the so called 'Santa', ruled the elections of several politicians at provincial, regional and national level; among them Giuseppe Scopelliti, ex mayor of Reggio Calabria, Umberto Pirilli, member of the European parlament and Felice Romeo (members of the Alvaro crime family) dirigent of regional forestals; they run the national and European funds destined to Calabria, they had links with Cosa Nostra, Camorra and Sacra Corona. Among the politicians who had links with the 'cupola' also Giovanni Alemanno, ex mayor of Rome, and Maurizio Gasparri, vice-president of Senate.

All credits for this post go to:EddyGreen

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962471
01/26/19 06:20 PM
01/26/19 06:20 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Like pantaleone mancuso said on a wiretap a few years ago, it's now freemasons the 'ndrangheta doesn't matter anymore all the big decisions are taken in the lodges.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962482
01/26/19 07:52 PM
01/26/19 07:52 PM
D
doggystyle Offline
Capo
doggystyle  Offline
D
Capo
Correct me if im wrong cause i dont know so much about this. But isnt the mafiosis very religious and believe in god etc ? and the Freemasons are Satan worshippers usually?

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: doggystyle] #962483
01/26/19 08:20 PM
01/26/19 08:20 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Correct me if im wrong cause i dont know so much about this. But isnt the mafiosis very religious and believe in god etc ? and the Freemasons are Satan worshippers usually?

One of the first things I thought of initially lol

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: Ciment] #962484
01/26/19 08:23 PM
01/26/19 08:23 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Are the current bosses of the ndrangheta even known? They are very secretive.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: doggystyle] #962485
01/26/19 08:30 PM
01/26/19 08:30 PM
A
Andragathia Offline
Made Member
Andragathia  Offline
A
Made Member
The church doesn't want it's congregation to join the masons. But being treated so poorly by this pope, who like the vatican, forgets what people and their ancestors have done to protect them, and saying he excommunicates honorable men, has caused friction. So to gain strength through numbers, many have become masons. Devil worship is not their thing. Their symbols have been hijacked by imposters and used to give that impression. Look at the shriners, if that is the work of satan then he must be turning over a new leaf.

Re: Ndrangheta News [Re: doggystyle] #962488
01/26/19 08:51 PM
01/26/19 08:51 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans

When it comes to money,power and influence they don't care who do you believe in. President of Vatican bank was member of P2 , and a lot more people from Vatican i am sure.

Page 21 of 92 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 91 92

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull