GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (furio_from_naples, Mafia101, Toodoped, TheKillingJoke, 1 invisible), 320 guests, and 28 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,085
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,374
Posts1,059,555
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lincoln gay? #94911
01/21/05 11:38 AM
01/21/05 11:38 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Well thing is, JFK and Clinton are not handsome "handsome", they are just that compared to other Presidents.

Lavina, you mentioned the Dubya as a joke, right? LOL

As for the Gay-braham story, you know who I feel REALLY sorry for? Robert E. Lee

A man who loved his state, God, and family who's failed-nation & army was defeated by a country who's leader may or may not have been a homosexual. Really, I bet Lee is rolling in his grave

Re: Lincoln gay? #94912
01/21/05 11:52 AM
01/21/05 11:52 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Well thing is, JFK and Clinton are not handsome "handsome", they are just that compared to other Presidents.
that's why it is always advisable to be in ungly faces company!

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Lavina, you mentioned the Dubya as a joke, right? LOL
what does Dubya mean, the W? OMG, of course it was a joke! Anyway, the most handsome "potential President" is UNDOUBTLY John Edwards (yummyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!)

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Lincoln gay? #94913
01/21/05 12:39 PM
01/21/05 12:39 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
PL - Aside from her looks, Mary Todd Lincoln was also quite insane. Not sure which would be the larger detractor.

If Abe was gay, it does seem that it really doesn't matter at this stage. And if he wasn't, it really doesn't matter either. He was a very tortured man, yet he managed to lead this country through some very difficult times, things that we can't imagine. IMHO, that's all that really matters about him.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Lincoln gay? #94914
01/21/05 12:42 PM
01/21/05 12:42 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

who's to say that Mrs. Lincoln wasn't EXACTLY what men looked for back in those days?

I do believe Marilyn Monroe would not be "hot" under today's standards but everyone in her lifetime thought she was gourgeous (I've never seen a real picture of her I just heard that being a little "chunky" was the style back then.)

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Lincoln gay? #94915
01/21/05 02:40 PM
01/21/05 02:40 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
I heard a commentary on the Lincoln-gay issue yesterday. Apparently some of the research was based on letters that Abe wrote telling of sleeping with men. This was a common practice for men (politicians) who traveled. Accomodations back then are not what we know today. Sharing a bed was quite common. The references in his letters made light of the arrangements.

PL - Are you sure that is Mary Todd and not Babe Ruth?

Patrick - I recommend a new theme-topic: Patrick's Illogical Observations Vol. 1,2,3 etc.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Lincoln gay? #94916
01/21/05 02:57 PM
01/21/05 02:57 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
Apparently some of the research was based on letters that Abe wrote telling of sleeping with men. This was a common practice for men (politicians) who traveled. Accomodations back then are not what we know today. Sharing a bed was quite common.
Ah yes, politics makes strange bedfellows. :rolleyes:

All joking aside, I couldn't care less what this man's sexual preference was.

Re: Lincoln gay? #94917
01/21/05 03:19 PM
01/21/05 03:19 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I don't like it when people come out with these stories, just to create a stir. :rolleyes: How easy it is to start stories after someone is dead. True or not, why bother.

As far as good looking Presidents, I don't think any had extraordinarily handsome faces. However, many times while a person's face may not be striking, his charisma/charm make him very appealing. Such is the case with JFK/Clinton.

Sorry Pat, to turn this into the best looking President thread.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Lincoln gay? #94918
01/21/05 03:54 PM
01/21/05 03:54 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I nominate Richard M. Nixon as a handsome President j/k

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Lincoln gay? #94919
01/21/05 04:26 PM
01/21/05 04:26 PM
MI6
Krlea Offline
Underboss
Krlea  Offline
Underboss
MI6
I've always thought Dubya was hot. I can't really think of too many other good looking presidents besides JFK and Reagan in his younger years.

Re: Lincoln gay? #94920
01/21/05 05:26 PM
01/21/05 05:26 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
As far as good looking Presidents, I don't think any had extraordinarily handsome faces. However, many times while a person's face may not be striking, his charisma/charm make him very appealing. Such is the case with JFK/Clinton.

TIS
Then how come you told me that you have a picture of George W. Bush hanging over your bed?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Lincoln gay? #94921
01/22/05 12:16 AM
01/22/05 12:16 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] As far as good looking Presidents, I don't think any had extraordinarily handsome faces. However, many times while a person's face may not be striking, his charisma/charm make him very appealing. Such is the case with JFK/Clinton.

TIS
Then how come you told me that you have a picture of George W. Bush hanging

over your bed?

Don Cardi [/b][/quote] Why, bite your tongue!!!!

Actually it'd make a great dart board!!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Lincoln gay? #94922
01/22/05 01:39 AM
01/22/05 01:39 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
I saw one of the authors on a talk show the other day {there were 2 authors but 1 recently died} they asked the author on the show if he had any hard evidence on Lincoln being gay. The author really didnt. Even if he were gay, I really dont care to much.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Lincoln gay? #94923
01/22/05 07:49 AM
01/22/05 07:49 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[ Why, bite your tongue!!!!

TIS

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Lincoln gay? #94924
01/22/05 12:14 PM
01/22/05 12:14 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Conservatives Pick Soft Target: A Cartoon Sponge

By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK, The New York Times

WASHINGTON (Jan. 20) - On the heels of electoral victories barring same-sex marriage, some influential conservative Christian groups are turning their attention to a new target: the cartoon character SpongeBob SquarePants.

"Does anybody here know SpongeBob?" Dr. James C. Dobson, the founder of Focus on the Family, asked the guests Tuesday night at a black-tie dinner for members of Congress and political allies to celebrate the election results.

SpongeBob needed no introduction. In addition to his popularity among children, who watch his cartoon show, he has become a well-known camp figure among adult gay men, perhaps because he holds hands with his animated sidekick Patrick and likes to watch the imaginary television show "The Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy."

Now, Dr. Dobson said, SpongeBob's creators had enlisted him in a "pro-homosexual video," in which he appeared alongside children's television colleagues like Barney and Jimmy Neutron, among many others. The makers of the video, he said, planned to mail it to thousands of elementary schools to promote a "tolerance pledge" that includes tolerance for differences of "sexual identity."

The video's creator, Nile Rodgers, who wrote the disco hit "We Are Family," said Mr. Dobson's objection stemmed from a misunderstanding. Mr. Rodgers said he founded the We Are Family Foundation after the Sept. 11 attacks to create a music video to teach children about multiculturalism. The video has appeared on television networks, and nothing in it or its accompanying materials refers to sexual identity. The pledge, borrowed from the Southern Poverty Law Center, is not mentioned on the video and is available only on the group's Web site.

Mr. Rodgers suggested that Dr. Dobson and the American Family Association, the conservative Christian group that first sounded the alarm, might have been confused because of an unrelated Web site belonging to another group called "We Are Family," which supports gay youth.

"The fact that some people may be upset with each other peoples' lifestyles, that is O.K.," Mr. Rodgers said. "We are just talking about respect."

Mark Barondess, the foundation's lawyer, said the critics "need medication."

On Wednesday however, Paul Batura, assistant to Mr. Dobson at Focus on the Family, said the group stood by its accusation.

"We see the video as an insidious means by which the organization is manipulating and potentially brainwashing kids," he said. "It is a classic bait and switch."

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Lincoln gay? #94925
01/22/05 04:20 PM
01/22/05 04:20 PM
The north
Scarface.1 Offline
Underboss
Scarface.1  Offline
Underboss
The north
i don't care if he was homosexual or not, I just hope people don't think of him any less if he was and if they do their very narrow minded

Who's keyzer soze?

How are thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil. Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles you eunich jelly thou.
Re: Lincoln gay? #94926
01/22/05 04:29 PM
01/22/05 04:29 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Agree.

Re: Lincoln gay? #94927
01/22/05 05:53 PM
01/22/05 05:53 PM
Ireland
Pax Soprana Offline OP
Button
Pax Soprana  Offline OP
Button
Ireland
This topic degenerated into a debate about gay marriage. "Time Magazine" , or at least the European version makes this out to be a controversial issue in America. The other one is abortion. Which is the bigger issue there and what are your views on both?

"I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his dick in his hand, alright?"
Re: Lincoln gay? #94928
01/22/05 05:58 PM
01/22/05 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pax Soprana:
This topic degenerated into a debate about gay marriage. "Time Magazine" , or at least the European version makes this out to be a controversial issue in America. The other one is abortion. Which is the bigger issue there and what are your views on both?
if you do a search for gay marriage and abortion you will see everyone's views. there is no need to turn this into ANOTHER debate about those two topics.

Re: Lincoln gay? #94929
01/22/05 06:14 PM
01/22/05 06:14 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[quote]Originally posted by Pax Soprana:
[b] This topic degenerated into a debate about gay marriage. "Time Magazine" , or at least the European version makes this out to be a controversial issue in America. The other one is abortion. Which is the bigger issue there and what are your views on both?
if you do a search for gay marriage and abortion you will see everyone's views. there is no need to turn this into ANOTHER debate about those two topics. [/b][/quote]If you don't want to talk about it, then ignore the topic. :rolleyes:

Pax--Both are very much debated here in America. Conservatives who are against abortion call themselves 'pro-life.' The problem is that an embryo or fetus isn't a life. It's not a human. It cannot live on its' own. The liberal approach, which is the better approach, is pro-choice. Unlike the conservatives who are anti-choice, we believe women should be able to do what they want with their bodies.

George Bush not only wanted to ban gay marriage, but he wanted it to be put on our US Constitution. Maybe someone should've reminded him that just a few lines up, the US Constitution calls for separation of church and state. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Lincoln gay? #94930
01/22/05 06:16 PM
01/22/05 06:16 PM

Quote:
The liberal approach, which is the better approach, is pro-choice.
Of course you would respond because all you want to do is start arguments.

TO YOU it is the better approach, to me it's b.s. There you go now you can argue some more.

one more thing: you claim you are "shy" yet you always look for arguments or find some way to start a controversey. That leads me to believe that you only do this on the computer.......how close am I?

Re: Lincoln gay? #94931
01/22/05 06:33 PM
01/22/05 06:33 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[quote] The liberal approach, which is the better approach, is pro-choice.
Of course you would respond because all you want to do is start arguments.

TO YOU it is the better approach, to me it's b.s. There you go now you can argue some more.

one more thing: you claim you are "shy" yet you always look for arguments or find some way to start a controversey. That leads me to believe that you only do this on the computer.......how close am I?
[/quote]The guy asked a freaking question and you made an unwelcomed remark. "Don't talk about that here. We've already done that. Search for it somewhere else." I answered the guy and wasn't an asshole about it. You know, for a guy who said he didn't want to debate, you sure are sounding like you are. Get a little more angry and I'll personally pay for your management classes.

Quote:
TO YOU it is the better approach, to me it's b.s.
That was extremely intelligent. :rolleyes: Care to explain? -Pat

Re: Lincoln gay? #94932
01/22/05 06:38 PM
01/22/05 06:38 PM

Quote:
The guy asked a freaking question and you made an unwelcomed remark. "Don't talk about that here. We've already done that. Search for it somewhere else." I answered the guy and wasn't an asshole about it. You know, for a guy who said he didn't want to debate, you sure are sounding like you are. Get a little more angry and I'll personally pay for your management classes. -Pat
I get angry because you do stupid crap like writing, "the better choice" which is obviously just made to start an argument. Unfortunately for you, you said how shy you were, and can't just walk up to someone and start talking to them, so answer my question....you only start stuff on a computer because you can't in real life. I know many people like you.

My comment to him was not meant as an "asshole remark" Gay Marriage and Abortion was not the topic at hand, I just said to search the boards since it's been discussed so many times (if that's how it came off then I apologize, wasn't meant that way)

Re: Lincoln gay? #94933
01/22/05 06:42 PM
01/22/05 06:42 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Quote:
I get angry because you do stupid crap like writing, "the better choice" which is obviously just made to start an argument.
I woke up with plans of starting an argument. I was hoping that it would elapse into a Civil War on the BB and that the board would turn communist. :rolleyes: Give me a break. The guy asked if abortion and gay marriage were really big deals in the US like they say they are. I answered him with my opinion. I bet you wouldn't be complaining if I would've put: "..but anti-choice is the right thing."

Quote:
Unfortunately for you, you said how shy you were, and can't just walk up to someone and start talking to them, so answer my question....you only start stuff on a computer because you can't in real life. I know many people like you.
I am shy, but what does that have to do with a computer? I'm shy to people who I first meet or people I don't know. I've been a member of this board for almost 2 years, so I think I know some people on this board pretty good and can just be myself. If you don't think I start shit in real life, I welcome you to come down and spend a week with me, bud. -Pat

Re: Lincoln gay? #94934
01/22/05 06:50 PM
01/22/05 06:50 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Forget it DMC, it was said two or three times already. Maybe it is important because he wants to know if it is alright for Lincoln to get married to President Grant?
Some people just have to have things there way. and then they wonder why everyone drifts away.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Lincoln gay? #94935
01/22/05 07:00 PM
01/22/05 07:00 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull