GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, Irishman12), 263 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,332
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: NickyfromTampa] #948156
07/25/18 07:20 PM
07/25/18 07:20 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
No way! Is that definitely true that he ratted? Is this common knowledge now?

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948182
07/25/18 09:48 PM
07/25/18 09:48 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
In 1977, after an escape from federal prison, Ralph DeLeo killed a doctor in Ohio. To get out of that rap, he cooperated against another doctor who had hired him to carry out the hit.

Jerry Capeci (Gang Land News) released that information in a Gang Land article dated December 24, 2009.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948186
07/25/18 10:08 PM
07/25/18 10:08 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'll bet about half of the mobsters throughout history have traded a little info to authorities for some leeway. Most of the successful ones who made money and stayed out of jail had to have. This isn't Sicily. This is America. The dollar comes first and you look out for number one.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: OakAsFan] #948190
07/25/18 11:13 PM
07/25/18 11:13 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I'll bet about half of the mobsters throughout history have traded a little info to authorities for some leeway. Most of the successful ones who made money and stayed out of jail had to have. This isn't Sicily. This is America. The dollar comes first and you look out for number one.

"Half of the mobsters throughout history?" What are you smoking?

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: OakAsFan] #948191
07/25/18 11:16 PM
07/25/18 11:16 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

If they had the mob would never have gotten as powerful as it did.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948196
07/25/18 11:30 PM
07/25/18 11:30 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

there was sitdown in boston like 2008 deleo, peter limone and ernie boy from the gambinos over a shakedown of a brooksbrothers in the back bay or the construction company doing it. the place is still there. it was hardly talked about thought is shows just how constructed the lcn still is. deleo was close to larry bione in the 60tys before he got the 25 yrs for bank robberys. he befriended many nyc mobsters in the feds to the point allie boy had him inducted as soon as he got to nyc. i wonder who did deleos induction where did it happen. i read somewhere some rat said the colombos werent alowed to induct guys then massino said ok 2 guys in 2000 it was big dino calabro and that older guy luca de........... wonder if deleo was in 979899 when allie was on the street always in florida

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948204
07/26/18 12:25 AM
07/26/18 12:25 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
@Pmac:
Never heard anything on DeLeo meeting with Limone. Not saying it isn't true, but if it is it's not documented anywhere, so everybody else keep that in mind.
Regarding DeLeo's induction, Pogo on BH has it happening mid-2000 in a residence in Babylon, L.I. If you know anything about Pogo it's that he doesn't fabricate or make up evidence, nor does he ever claim to have secret sources.
Regarding the induction thing, I haven't seen that documented either but it definitely would not surprise me. Massino had a big Commission meeting in January 2000, that much we know as fact, and the following February the Colombos conducted their first ceremony in nine years.

Last edited by NickyfromTampa; 07/26/18 12:27 AM.
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948222
07/26/18 07:25 AM
07/26/18 07:25 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

its was in ernie boy abbamontes indictment a few yrs ago. he was on the payroll of some construction company in nyc and they had the contract to build a brooks brothers in boston. the feds seen the 3 meeting and surposely had something to do with terrritiry or help with the shakedown. he was indicted for like a 100k shakedown. its on here spmewhere . just never was a big discusion.

Last edited by pmac; 07/26/18 07:28 AM.
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: pmac] #948229
07/26/18 08:39 AM
07/26/18 08:39 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by pmac
its was in ernie boy abbamontes indictment a few yrs ago. he was on the payroll of some construction company in nyc and they had the contract to build a brooks brothers in boston. the feds seen the 3 meeting and surposely had something to do with terrritiry or help with the shakedown. he was indicted for like a 100k shakedown. its on here spmewhere . just never was a big discusion.

I could be wrong but I thought DeLeo meet with Frank Limone, Frank Imbuglia, Anthony DiNunzio, Tony Gambale and a Gambino soldier over that construction outfit.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Aces] #948245
07/26/18 10:56 AM
07/26/18 10:56 AM
K
kingoflittlenewyork Offline
Capo
kingoflittlenewyork  Offline
K
Capo
Originally Posted by Aces
I take those stories with a grain of salt. Blacks idolize mob guys, thats a fact.

This. Mob guys are heros to these guys.

And Deleo got busted when acting boss on a case that originated in Arkansas. A cop that used to work in my home town ratted them all out on gambling, drugs and guns.

Last edited by kingoflittlenewyork; 07/26/18 11:20 AM.
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: jace] #948247
07/26/18 11:19 AM
07/26/18 11:19 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace

Quite the opposite. The mob would have never gotten as powerful as they did had they not worked with law enforcement.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Aces] #948251
07/26/18 11:27 AM
07/26/18 11:27 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Aces
I take those stories with a grain of salt. Blacks idolize mob guys, thats a fact.

You idolize mob guys, too.

Furthermore, the blacks who make money on the street are more useful to the mob than white civilians, even white civilians from mob neighborhoods.

Mob > black earners > white civilians. That's the pecking order. So, know your place.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: OakAsFan] #948264
07/26/18 12:52 PM
07/26/18 12:52 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss

Quite the opposite. The mob would have never gotten as powerful as they did had they not worked with law enforcement.

I can’t believe this is even up for debate.
What do you think the government works with informers for? It’s to make cases against the Mafia. If HALF - 50% - were working with law enforcement, wouldn’t that defeat the entire purpose of taking down the Mafia?
Not to mention that’s longtime FBI informers get a huge amount of leniency in court. And from the 1980s-today, the vast majority of mobsters have been indicted and received a fair amount of time for their crimes. Guys like Greg Scarpa got probation for serious credit card fraud. That’s because he was an informer. Most mobsters get heavy time for these things.

It’s simply common sense, Oak, and it’s completely nonsensical to accuse half of the entire Mafia of being rats. It makes no sense even from a law enforcement standpoint.
Not to mention that Greg Scarpa was incredibly prized by law enforcement because, according to Colombo squad supervisor Lin DeVecchio, he was the only person during the Third Colombo War that was providing high-level information. If “half” of the Mafia were rats, then they’d have at least 50 made members providing information on the war. Does that make sense to you?

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: NickyfromTampa] #948265
07/26/18 01:08 PM
07/26/18 01:08 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa

I can’t believe this is even up for debate.
What do you think the government works with informers for? It’s to make cases against the Mafia. If HALF - 50% - were working with law enforcement, wouldn’t that defeat the entire purpose of taking down the Mafia?
Not to mention that’s longtime FBI informers get a huge amount of leniency in court. And from the 1980s-today, the vast majority of mobsters have been indicted and received a fair amount of time for their crimes. Guys like Greg Scarpa got probation for serious credit card fraud. That’s because he was an informer. Most mobsters get heavy time for these things.

It’s simply common sense, Oak, and it’s completely nonsensical to accuse half of the entire Mafia of being rats. It makes no sense even from a law enforcement standpoint.
Not to mention that Greg Scarpa was incredibly prized by law enforcement because, according to Colombo squad supervisor Lin DeVecchio, he was the only person during the Third Colombo War that was providing high-level information. If “half” of the Mafia were rats, then they’d have at least 50 made members providing information on the war. Does that make sense to you?

Not to mention that the FBI would have known what Scarpa and DeVecchio were up too.
Carmine Persico still has respect in prison.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948284
07/26/18 01:49 PM
07/26/18 01:49 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Lucky Luciano, the founder of the modern day mafia, gave guys up to the authorities. The organization would have never reached the heights that it did if some of the more successful players weren't throwing others under the bus. In this country you get along to go along. Nobody makes it without playing the game. The mob was no exception.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: OakAsFan] #948295
07/26/18 02:21 PM
07/26/18 02:21 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Lucky Luciano, the founder of the modern day mafia, gave guys up to the authorities. The organization would have never reached the heights that it did if some of the more successful players weren't throwing others under the bus. In this country you get along to go along. Nobody makes it without playing the game. The mob was no exception.

The Mafia would be long dead if HALF of it's members were government informers.

Not to mention that the government doesn't keep useless informers on their payroll unless they're contributing to a case.

No matter which way you look at it, rats do not comprise HALF of the modern day mafia. Look at some recent busts. I'm surprised you've been on the forum since 2013 and can't comprehend this. Most busts are comprised of one or two mob informants and they're able to snare a dozen or couple of dozen guys.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948298
07/26/18 02:38 PM
07/26/18 02:38 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The guys who made real money and stayed out of jail worked with authorities routinely.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: OakAsFan] #948299
07/26/18 02:40 PM
07/26/18 02:40 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The guys who made real money and stayed out of jail worked with authorities routinely.

Which is not 50%...

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948306
07/26/18 03:30 PM
07/26/18 03:30 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Anyone who's anyone did.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948308
07/26/18 03:52 PM
07/26/18 03:52 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Here it goes again with it's false claims. It knows everything.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948311
07/26/18 03:54 PM
07/26/18 03:54 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Did Gotti?, did chin?, did Genovese?, did scarfo?... And the list goes on.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948320
07/26/18 04:34 PM
07/26/18 04:34 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Likely, yes. Why wouldn't they?

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948323
07/26/18 05:18 PM
07/26/18 05:18 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Sucks that they had to die in prison after being such valuble government assets and such......

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948324
07/26/18 05:19 PM
07/26/18 05:19 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
OakasFan is delusional, he's been on the forum for five years and he doesn't understand the basic concept of the FBI's war against the Mafia.

Not only is he 100% speculating and pretending as if he knows it for a fact, but he's also showing a basic ignorance for everything we know about the Mafia for the past 60 years.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948325
07/26/18 05:26 PM
07/26/18 05:26 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

my 2 cents im guessing carmine perisico is probaly one of the most respected inmates in any prison he goes to. it does matter hes 110 yrs old your reputation procedes you. this guy has respect among all races he 100 took out a d.a. attorney or tried. lead a mafia family either as boss or underboss or figure head since 1970?????

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948326
07/26/18 05:27 PM
07/26/18 05:27 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

your in prison people wake up in a bad mood and might fuck up a old guy it happens. the young guy doesnt get stripes

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: NickyfromTampa] #948327
07/26/18 05:30 PM
07/26/18 05:30 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Nobody stays rich and free while breaking the law without dancing for the man. That's all I'm saying. It's a matter of record that Luciano informed. I think all of the successful mobsters did. These guys like Costello and Accardo had to have. It's a business.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948328
07/26/18 05:33 PM
07/26/18 05:33 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

they make documentarys about the guy. i was surprised i seen scarfo taking a few pics with black muslims from dc or philly but it makes a ton of sense they respect his gangster. its the same everywhere. give respect get resspect. the a.b. is also more also more of a west coast thing i could be wrong i read somewhere they have 2 member from each state in each prison. this kid i grew up with is probaly 1 from mass hes a nut bank robber i cant say no more.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: pmac] #948333
07/26/18 06:26 PM
07/26/18 06:26 PM
UK
S
Underboss
S
Underboss
UK
Yes this guy must be a legend to these guys. Served like 40 plus years long time boss of a family. Probably whacked more ppl then sonny. Imagine the stories he has. Valachi used to say he was everywhere. VALACHI was from the days of maranzano!!! Made young too. I digress but no one messing with him imo. Nothing to gain hurting a 90 year old

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: NickyfromTampa] #948334
07/26/18 06:27 PM
07/26/18 06:27 PM
UK
S
Underboss
S
Underboss
UK
Didn’t know that. I take it his lcn days are over then in prison or out?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull