GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, Irishman12, 1 invisible), 268 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,998
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,358
Posts1,059,184
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: RollinBones] #941982
06/01/18 05:12 PM
06/01/18 05:12 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by Ciment
The shoe was on the other side for 8 years under Obama.

Obama also boosted his own political clout as well to say otherwise is foolish.

Trump didn't force the players. He stated his opinion that it was wrong for players not to stand for the anthem and many fans agreed with him.
Show me the executive order or law that forces them to stand, there is no such thing. This falls under the realm of company or corporate policies.
Why does a fan who pays good money to go to a game have to put up with their action of disrespecting the flag.The fans go there for entertainment not for political purpose or any other agenda people want to express. If this is allowed where does it stop, are we going to allow pro-life people , pro-abortion and any other group there champion their cause as well.
As I said before players who want to champion their cause can do so on their time. Many of them are famous and will have no problem attracting people and the press to convey their messages. In doing so,they may even attract more people to share their cause but using the flag anthem as a platform will only cause division as it already did.

Please show me exactly where Obama explicitly exerted his influence to force a corporate policy to be altered the way Jerry Jones testified Trump did.

And to be honest, it’s not about Trump personally or Obama, it’s about abuse of the executive office. That’s what none of you seem to want to answer. Take away the names and party affiliations. Are you alright with the president forcing private businesses to change their policies for their own political gain? Yes or no.

Show me how Trump forced him. You are the one that mentioned the word force.You haven't shown me nothing. Jerry Jones can say many things.
Obama not so affordable healthcare, did he not establish a penalty for those not wanting to register ? Did he not force nun's to provide condoms by bring them to court. His cronies went after ten commandment monuments, the cross, nativity displays.

So no yes or no to my final question?

No such thing happened. Trump expressed his opinion and my understanding of the first amendment it includes Trump.

Last edited by Ciment; 06/01/18 08:08 PM.
Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #941983
06/01/18 05:15 PM
06/01/18 05:15 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
lol can’t even get a straight yes or no huh

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: RollinBones] #941985
06/01/18 05:19 PM
06/01/18 05:19 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

You want me to say yes or no on something which I proclaim did not happen.
I thought we were having a mature conversation.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Ciment] #941987
06/01/18 05:25 PM
06/01/18 05:25 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss

I thought so as well. That’s why for the sake of conversation I said we can remove names and partisan affiliation from the equation. I simply asked if you are alright with the president, not Trump per se, using their influence to alter the policies of a private business. It’s a hypothetical, that’s all.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: RollinBones] #941988
06/01/18 05:36 PM
06/01/18 05:36 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I thought so as well. That’s why for the sake of conversation I said we can remove names and partisan affiliation from the equation. I simply asked if you are alright with the president, not Trump per se, using their influence to alter the policies of a private business. It’s a hypothetical, that’s all.

Fair question, normally I do not agree, but politicians do it all the time.

In the case of the anthem, it would be different. A president swears an oath to protect the constitution and it would be his patriotic duty to request that the flag be respected. I have no problems for the players to champion their causes and exercise their first amendment I just draw the line when it comes to the anthem and flag. I just find they are using the wrong public forum and I still maintain more people would join their causes if it would be held other than during the anthem.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #941990
06/01/18 05:42 PM
06/01/18 05:42 PM
R
Right_Pride Offline
Wiseguy
Right_Pride  Offline
R
Wiseguy
The nfl players are choosing to kneel because its televised and they can easily get their 15 minutes of fame with their show boating. I can guarantee most of those guys can care less about their communities, its all about self promotion. Any idiot can kneel, it takes no effort. They just want other people to think they are somehow politically and socially concious.
If they really, truly want to bring attention to their cause, they can go to communities on their own time, not the NFL’s time or the fans time, and raise awareness by talking to cops and members of the black community. That would take too much effort. They would rather kneel.

Last edited by Right_Pride; 06/01/18 05:42 PM.
Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Right_Pride] #942000
06/01/18 06:26 PM
06/01/18 06:26 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted by Right_Pride
The nfl players are choosing to kneel because its televised and they can easily get their 15 minutes of fame with their show boating. I can guarantee most of those guys can care less about their communities, its all about self promotion. Any idiot can kneel, it takes no effort. They just want other people to think they are somehow politically and socially concious.
If they really, truly want to bring attention to their cause, they can go to communities on their own time, not the NFL’s time or the fans time, and raise awareness by talking to cops and members of the black community. That would take too much effort. They would rather kneel.

I can't answer for those players who choose to kneel. Only they know in their heart if they are really serious. I'm just saying that regardless they should have the right to "protest". Like I said before I personally don't like seeing an American pro athlete taking a knee when the national anthem is played but I defend their right to do so.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #942064
06/02/18 02:50 PM
06/02/18 02:50 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@rightpride

Nfl players care more about the police killing unarmed black people than you care about school shootings

If you can be racist then they can kneel at football games

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #942103
06/02/18 10:37 PM
06/02/18 10:37 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The union had better take this on in the next round of negotiations. I'm not sure about the current president, DeMaurice Smith. He said last time that he wouldn't give up a dime until the owners opened their books. They never did, yet he still gave concessions. Today's NFL players are not well enough informed on the importance of union solidarity. I hold retired players responsible for not doing more to educate them. I know they have enough on their plate too, between head trauma and not being compensated for their likenesses being used in video games, etc. I just hope retirees and current players aren't at odds with each other. These owners have enough money to go around for everyone. Former and current players have to stick together, not treat it like a zero sum game. Keep their eyes on the over-compensated owners who took the lion's share of what they gave their knees and brains for.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Ciment] #942121
06/03/18 04:08 AM
06/03/18 04:08 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...tm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

GOOD NEWS: There will be more revenue loss for the NFL. GO PLAYERS GO !!

NFL Player: ‘We Won’t Allow the NFL or Trump to Bully Us’

That's the spirit. You can't get more American than that, all though you can get more fascism with Trump and his traitors.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #942155
06/03/18 10:22 AM
06/03/18 10:22 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari

That's the spirit. You can't get more American than that, all though you can get more fascism with Trump and his traitors.

Firstly, let me remind you of the First Amendment.

Secondly, after 8 years of "real" fascism by the left liberals taking away religious rights, forcing nuns to provide condoms, not allowing to drink 16 oz coke, straws. Telling people what to eat or not to eat. Forcing people to pay penalty for a not so affordable health care, cheating in the democratic primaries, getting the answers from CNN in a debate......... I could write forever !!!

sat·ire: definition

The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

The leftist liberals are the real bullies & traitors here. Since when am I not allowed to use satire.

It is obvious I do not want anyone to lose their jobs or the NFL to fold.
My point is if they continue on this stupidity of insulting their fan base they will fold and they will be the only ones to fault.

Is this American enough for you Giacomo !.

Last edited by Ciment; 06/03/18 10:26 AM.
Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #942156
06/03/18 10:32 AM
06/03/18 10:32 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I think it is the Russians colluding to break up the NFL.

We should have another special counsel to investigate it !

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #942160
06/03/18 11:20 AM
06/03/18 11:20 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari

Trump and his traitors you say:

OK- for Obama/Hillary to give 20% of U.S uranium to the Russians.
OK-for Obama/Kerry to give billions of dollars to the Iranians who are using it to kill Americans
OK- to leave Americans to die in Libya

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #942161
06/03/18 11:25 AM
06/03/18 11:25 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Trump and his traitors you say:

Which candidate plays "proud to be an American" before each rallies and is fighting to keep American jobs from going abroad.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #942163
06/03/18 11:59 AM
06/03/18 11:59 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Other than lip service, Trump has done nothing to fight American jobs going abroad.

And, let's say he does actually do something to keep them here. Is he going to support unions? What happens if the coal companies decide to use part time labor to save money? Those jobs would be meaningless. Side hustles just like Uber. Nothing you could buy a house on.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: OakAsFan] #942165
06/03/18 12:11 PM
06/03/18 12:11 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Other than lip service, Trump has done nothing to fight American jobs going abroad.

And, let's say he does actually do something to keep them here. Is he going to support unions? What happens if the coal companies decide to use part time labor to save money? Those jobs would be meaningless. Side hustles just like Uber. Nothing you could buy a house on.

Yes he has. Just the fact of lowering corporate tax, companies are more likely to invest here than abroad. He also got certain countries like Japan to invest billions in America.

But I guess people that live in fantasy land will never experience this realization.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #942168
06/03/18 12:29 PM
06/03/18 12:29 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
What about the workers? Trump promised to help the workers, not just the companies. This means full time jobs. Strength in unions. Health benefits. Pensions.

I don't think anyone is going to experience your "realization" other than the top 1%.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #942174
06/03/18 12:58 PM
06/03/18 12:58 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@ciment

So u can insult nfl players but they cant "insult" you

You're not insulted, u just dont care about police brutality

Republicans are unpatriotic because they're conservative

The whole american dream is supposed to be liberal

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #942182
06/03/18 02:09 PM
06/03/18 02:09 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

If they stem the flow of immigration from places like Mexico, it means more jobs, higher wages, and a better standard of living for Americans.

These guys lower the standards for everyone else.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Moe_Tilden] #942183
06/03/18 02:25 PM
06/03/18 02:25 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #942184
06/03/18 02:28 PM
06/03/18 02:28 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Anyone seen the movie "A Day Without a Mexican"?

All of the Mexican immigrants disappear. At first it seems like the ultimate dream scenario for right wingers. Then, it gets to the consequences of having no immigrant labor to draw from. A farmer hires a bunch of white people. Later in the day, he goes out to check on their progress, and finds that they're still putting on their sunscreen..

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: SC] #942185
06/03/18 02:51 PM
06/03/18 02:51 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
That’s great SC. I just clicked play thinking it was an old Dylan performance. Aside from the fact that Jimmy Fallon seems o be able to impersonate anyone, good lyrics.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #942187
06/03/18 02:58 PM
06/03/18 02:58 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted by The Italian Stallionette
That’s great SC. I just clicked play thinking it was an old Dylan performance. Aside from the fact that Jimmy Fallon seems o be able to impersonate anyone, good lyrics.

Gotta love the line, "who by taking a knee are taking a stand".

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: cookcounty] #942188
06/03/18 03:09 PM
06/03/18 03:09 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by cookcounty
@ciment

@cookcounty

Of course the NFL players can insult me, whatever gave you that idea.

I do care about police brutality. Any police officer abusing their power should be charged to the fullest extend of the law no matter if your black, white, brown or yellow.
I just do not buy in fake news media and alleged victims that want to cry police brutality every five minutes.
I think it is over blown and has become political. Fake news media is just pandering to the leftist liberals. In this day and age it has become increasingly more and more difficult for police officers to abuse their powers due to media coverage, civil rights investigation,technology such as body cameras and witnesses with cell phones. Actually, I would be in favor for more cameras on street corners and buildings similar to that of the British.

The majority of police officers do their jobs properly. I never heard of any neighborhood that refused police protection. There are a few rotten ones and that is where the focus should be in identifying them and getting them off the streets and arrests.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: cookcounty] #942189
06/03/18 03:32 PM
06/03/18 03:32 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by cookcounty
@ciment

I forgot to reply to the american dream is supposed to be liberal.
Are you referring to the liberal tent city, people urinating & defecating in the streets, increased food stamps and not so affordable healthcare where you can all choose your own doctor (?) and not allowing building & growth because some protected frog that farts the wrong way.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Ciment] #942191
06/03/18 03:40 PM
06/03/18 03:40 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
In this day and age it has become increasingly more and more difficult for police officers to abuse their powers due to media coverage, civil rights investigation,technology such as body cameras and witnesses with cell phones.

Hilarious.

It hasn't stopped them one bit.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: OakAsFan] #942195
06/03/18 03:53 PM
06/03/18 03:53 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
In this day and age it has become increasingly more and more difficult for police officers to abuse their powers due to media coverage, civil rights investigation,technology such as body cameras and witnesses with cell phones.

Hilarious.

It hasn't stopped them one bit.

Sadly.

I expected that answer from you.

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Ciment] #942203
06/03/18 04:37 PM
06/03/18 04:37 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Online shocked
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Online Shocked
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro

I think it is the Russians colluding to break up the NFL.

We should have another special counsel to investigate it !

lol Good one

Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Aces] #942209
06/03/18 04:50 PM
06/03/18 04:50 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

On a lighter note, I think Jay Leno is twice as funny as Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart.

I really felt sorry for the way Leno was bullied in the media. That prick Kimmel even disrespected him on his own show over the Conan deal.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: NFL will fine teams who kneel during anthem [Re: Ciment] #942210
06/03/18 04:52 PM
06/03/18 04:52 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Online shocked
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Online Shocked
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro

I do care about police brutality. Any police officer abusing their power should be charged to the fullest extend of the law no matter if your black, white, brown or yellow.
I just do not buy in fake news media and alleged victims that want to cry police brutality every five minutes.

I agree, any officer abusing their power should be prosecuted and there are some wanna-be victims who claimed they were assaulted by officers, only to have their body camera footage show otherwise. Typical victimhood mentality, always crying wolf. However, they have been plenty of times were victims stated the police abused them and the footage showed that too. Just another reason I'm in favor of all officers being required to have body cameras as it'll protect both the police and citizens (well, hopefully anyway).

I think it is over blown and has become political. Fake news media is just pandering to the leftist liberals. In this day and age it has become increasingly more and more difficult for police officers to abuse their powers due to media coverage, civil rights investigation,technology such as body cameras and witnesses with cell phones. Actually, I would be in favor for more cameras on street corners and buildings similar to that of the British.

While this may be true that it is harder for police officers to hide their abuse of power, how many officers actually get convicted? How many even have charges brought against them? Again, I agree with you in that all officers who abuse their power should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law; however, the system is setup to protect the police IMO. Too many times has evidence come out and the officers got off. You can go all the way back to Rodney King and not much has changed since then. And in terms of more cameras on the streets, I am not in favor of that. Big Brother will exploit that and after what came out after Edward Snowden left the CIA, the spying going on by our government, the last thing they need is more surveillance.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull