GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Jimmy_Two_Times), 131 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,319
Posts1,058,490
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bonanno power struggle [Re: Flushing] #942335
06/04/18 02:48 PM
06/04/18 02:48 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by Flushing
Originally Posted by Slimshady
That’s quite possible. If mancuso has been boss since around 2005, then sal montagna must’ve been his street boss. Same with vinny badalamanti. And mancuso must have had an authorization on the anthony seccafico hit in 2009.

Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by CabriniGreen
Also, in one of those Massino books, Attanasio set up Bonaventre, and he sent word through, Vitale? I forget, but he sent word to Massino to ” go ahead and make me capo, before the crew kills me.." Or something like that. So I think he definitely was capo of the Bonaventre crew, which was Brooklyn....

Yep. Attanasio's always been Brooklyn based. As has his brother, Big Bobby, his friend and successor Peter Rabbit Calabrese.
Calabrese and Attanasio were not only partners in the Bonventre hit, when Louie Attanasio was indicted in 1988, Calabrese became an acting capo. It would be a huge coincidence if Attanasio was a Bronx capo and Calabrese, a Brooklyn guy and a close Attanasio associate, became an acting capo of a Brooklyn crew....
Also, Peter Calabrese's son Anthony is a prominent Bensonhurst soldier under Vinny TV. He served as the crew's acting capo for a time.
If you need even more proof, Vincent 'Elmo' Amarante is a prominent Brooklyn soldier, drug dealer, and ran bookmaking in Fort Greene, Red Hook, Coney Island, and East New York. By all accounts, a BROOKLYN soldier. A 1989 FBI report described Amarante as Louis Attanasio's "right hand man," and when Amarante later moved to Chicago and was arrested for running prostitution, George Quinlin of the New York State Organized Crime Task Force confirmed that he worked for Attanasio.

So, if Giacomo is to be believed, what we have here is a Bronx capo, who has never been linked to any Bronx activities. A person who, for some reason, really pushed to have a BROOKLYN capo (Cesare Bonventre) killed and, once he killed him, inexplicably became capo of a Bronx crew (according to Giacomo). He committed the hit with Brooklyn soldiers.
Apparently, he's also a Bronx capo who:
1. Ran loansharking with Brooklyn wiseguy Peter Calabrese, who would later take over Attanasio's crew.
2. Was heavily involved in a Brooklyn numbers racket with a whole lot of Brooklyn wiseguys.
3. Had a Brooklyn-based right-hand-man.
4. Was heavily involved in Brooklyn real estate and arrested for dodging taxes on those properties.
5. Was arrested in Brooklyn for loansharking in 1996
6. Was close to James 'Big Louie' Tartaglione, a Brooklyn capo.
7. Has never been linked in any substantive capacity with any Bronx wiseguys.

Where is it documented that Vincent 'Elmo' Amarante had bookmaking operations Fort Greene and East New York. I am just curious, not disagreeing. Very interesting that an Italian mobster still maintains ops in those two areas.

Gang Land News Column May 18, 2000:
“About 10 years ago, Amarante supervised Bonanno gambling operations in the Fort Greene, Red Hook, Coney Island and East New York sections of Brooklyn but was forced to close down two numbers banks after a dispute with the Gambino family.” - so it seems like it was numbers he ran in those areas, not bookmaking. Attanasio Bros. and Calabrese were also heavily involved in numbers, so that seems to be a mainstay of the crew, however none of that has been linked to the Bronx....
“After his release, he was inducted into the Bonanno family and assigned to a crew headed by capo Louis (Louie Haha) Attanasio, (left) serving as Attanasio's "right-hand-man," according to a 1989 FBI report.”

Last edited by NickyfromTampa; 06/04/18 02:51 PM.
Re: Bonanno power struggle [Re: Slimshady] #943629
06/14/18 03:13 AM
06/14/18 03:13 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
@Giacomo - moving your response over to here.

You admitted in the other thread that Attanasio took over from a Brooklyn-based crew, but had soldiers in the Bronx (there is no evidence of this).

But here, you've explicitly said Attanasio runs the Bronx crew, despite the fact that he has always, always, always been linked to the Bronx, and for some reason you coincidentally left this thread after I posted all the evidence proving this.

Also, in the other thread you simply state things without sourcing them. If it's not too much to ask, could you separate what is proven fact from what you've received from your own sources?

Re: Bonanno power struggle [Re: NickyfromTampa] #944648
06/23/18 07:09 AM
06/23/18 07:09 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Both Attanasio brothers were put in a Brooklyn crew, it had Vinny Asaro, James Episcopia, Bruno Indelicato, Tony Mirra, Sonny Black, Anthony Rabito, Lefty Ruggiero, and Gaspare Valenti, more of them, but can't think of their names.

You admitted in the other thread that Attanasio took over from a Brooklyn-based crew, but had soldiers in the Bronx (there is no evidence of this).

But here, you've explicitly said Attanasio runs the Bronx crew, despite the fact that he has always, always, always been linked to the Bronx, and for some reason you coincidentally left this thread after I posted all the evidence proving this.

Also, in the other thread you simply state things without sourcing them. If it's not too much to ask, could you separate what is proven fact from what you've received from your own sources?

Are we swapping roles now?

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Bonanno power struggle [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #944708
06/23/18 03:55 PM
06/23/18 03:55 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Both Attanasio brothers were put in a Brooklyn crew, it had Vinny Asaro, James Episcopia, Bruno Indelicato, Tony Mirra, Sonny Black, Anthony Rabito, Lefty Ruggiero, and Gaspare Valenti, more of them, but can't think of their names.

Are we swapping roles now?

Vinny Asaro and Gaspare Valenti were never in a Brooklyn crew. Asaro has repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly been cited as being based in the Ozone Park region. Gaspare Valenti has always been right by his side (and was never made).
And what do you mean “are we swapping roles now?” I never make up facts or post things without knowing the source.

And, by the way, have we established that the Attanasio Bros. are Brooklyn-based yet and that you were way off the mark when you said Louie Haha was in charge of the Bronx?

Last edited by NickyfromTampa; 06/23/18 03:55 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull