GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 255 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,444
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Starbucks is racist? #937717
04/19/18 02:41 PM
04/19/18 02:41 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
I follow this guy on YouTube as he makes a lot of sense in these times of the loony left wing pc brigade.

You guys will be better placed than me on this particular incident, are things seriously getting this crazy??

https://youtu.be/TXQUAeGSVNU

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937719
04/19/18 04:28 PM
04/19/18 04:28 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Big companies do not have policies that are overtly racist, and all of them pledge to comply with local, state and federal laws that prohibit discrimination. But, the people who work in corporations, and make decisions, may consciously or unconsciously be racist. Starbucks is America's Great Public Wi-Fi Hotspot, Waiting Room and Communal Toilet. This would never have happened if the two guys were white.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937720
04/19/18 04:40 PM
04/19/18 04:40 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
TBH, I never go into Starbucks and I'm not familiar with their policy. I just assumed I'd have to buy something if I went in though, like most places - I was kind of confused through that whole video how it was a racial issue, but certainly if they normally let you just hang around in the place well, fair play, it begs the question why the guys were asked to leave.

It's still quite amusing to see the CEO being very fake contrite, I wonder what his view is when he shuts his front door and talks to his wife....

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937722
04/19/18 04:43 PM
04/19/18 04:43 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
I'm fairly sure if I walked into a star bucks in the U.K. and just sat down drinking coffee from a flask and/or messing around on my laptop for a while they'd soon ask me to buy a coffee or leave though...again, maybe I'm just a bit naive with Starbucks...:)

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937724
04/19/18 05:01 PM
04/19/18 05:01 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Starbucks arrests: Philadelphia police commissioner apologizes

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/starbucks-arrest-philadelphia-police-hold-press-conference/

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937728
04/19/18 06:19 PM
04/19/18 06:19 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

They were waiting for a "business meeting". The one guy I seen been arrested wasn't dressed formally. I'm on the fence. I don't know what their policy is, but from my own personal experience if I sat down in a cafe for twenty minutes without ordering anything I would expect to be asked to buy something or leave. Then again, I exercise discretion and order something first before taking a seat and having a siesta.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937735
04/19/18 06:38 PM
04/19/18 06:38 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
If I was turning up in a coffee shop for a business meeting, I'd at least buy a cup of fucking coffee.....? Business meeting...lol!

TB, if Starbucks is a great American waiting room and communal toilet, you can keep it...Ill pay double somewhere else for customers that actually pay...the same as I am. If I want what you say it offers, I'll visit a bus shelter with my 4G so I don't even need the wifi.

Where's Foottreads? He'll be able to tell us the history/etiquette of business meetings, and I'll bet it it doesn't involve sitting in a place of business FOC...

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937737
04/19/18 06:43 PM
04/19/18 06:43 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
It's basically been a set up just to try and wind up a "big business"...sad thing is, the poor woman who managed the shop has now left, for doing NOTHING wrong...

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937740
04/19/18 06:52 PM
04/19/18 06:52 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
They were there for two minutes before police were called as per the Starbucks cameras recording their entrance and the 911 call log.

I've always preferred Dunkin to Starbucks anyway because they treat all humans like the equal pieces of trash that they are.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937744
04/19/18 06:59 PM
04/19/18 06:59 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Helen, they walked into the place, sat down, and within 2mins the police were called? They've obviously done or said something stupid then..

I smell bullshit somewhere.....

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937745
04/19/18 07:02 PM
04/19/18 07:02 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
It'd take the staff 5 mins minimum to even notice the people, and then at least task them to leave a few times before then registering a call with the Police....that's nonsense about 2mins

I reckon if I walked in, sat down, shouted I've got a bomb, it'd still take more than 2mins total to phone the police..

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937746
04/19/18 07:20 PM
04/19/18 07:20 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Its what is being reported in multiple outlets. I, like everyone else that wasn't in the Starbucks can only rely on what is being reported from reputable sources. As more detail comes out, things may change. But as of now none of the other people in the Starbucks have contradicted this time frame.

The third party they were meeting showed up while they were being arrested, and objected, as did a number of the other people in the Starbucks. Thats on the video thats all over the web.

Turnbull's point upthread about Starbucks being known for its hang out atmosphere is correct, they deliberately cultivate that. And i also agree with his assertion that this would not have happened this way if these guys were white.

What's a shame is it probably comes down to the terrible judgment of a single manager that is leading to a whole organization getting besmirched. Starbucks is promising to fix this with training, because giant corporations tend to blurt "training!" as a fix to any HR problem, but sometimes you just can't fix bad judgment.

Last edited by helenwheels; 04/19/18 07:38 PM.

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: Turnbull] #937748
04/19/18 07:48 PM
04/19/18 07:48 PM
B
BigRed Offline
Button
BigRed  Offline
B
Button
FWIW I'm White and I've been refused the bathroom and asked to leave for not buying a coffee when I was waiting for a friend in a Philadelphia Starbucks @ 4th and South. I complied. It took longer than two minutes though, maybe ten.

It's why I'm personally a Wawa drinker...or I roast my own.

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937751
04/19/18 07:57 PM
04/19/18 07:57 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Helen, I've got great respect for you so please don't think I'm trying to argue etc (written stuff is always a bit more difficult to interprete, rather than speaking!)

I've not seen the video, but if it's the case that 2 black guys walked in, sat down straight away and were asked to leave within 2 mins for no reason, that's terrible...I just don't believe that's what happened. If it did, the female manager is obviously a raging racist, but I then wonder how she was able to manage the shop for the time before when she was in charge.

Reading between the lines, for clarity, what I'm saying is that assholes these days normally will look for ways in which they can get themselves on YouTube or whatever and, couple that with the silliness these days with "persecution" et, it's easy to set up a potential mark.

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937752
04/19/18 08:07 PM
04/19/18 08:07 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
TBH, if it was a coffee shop I owned, I'd kick the shit out of anybody who refused to leave after being asked to time and time again. I wouldn't phone the police. I find it strange this JUST seems to have happened in a left wing target like Starbucks, not a mom and pop place...unless Starbucks is seriously seen as a community gathering place/toilet

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937753
04/19/18 08:13 PM
04/19/18 08:13 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
I get what your saying Fergie about the written word vs. Conversation, and i don't think you're trying to argue. We're just discussing.

I think the only sensible thing to do at this point would be to tear down all Starbucks immediately.

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937754
04/19/18 08:16 PM
04/19/18 08:16 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
BigRed, did you feel outraged? Oops, your not allowed to be...the vast majority of black people are no doubt pissed off with this stupid situation as well.

It's not a racial issue, racism is just a small weapon in the extreme left arguement, tomorrow it'll be another inocuious incident blown up as a "minority" issue...it's mostly nonsense and takes away from REAL racism etc..if I were black, I'd be pissed of to fuck with this bullshit

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937755
04/19/18 08:18 PM
04/19/18 08:18 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Lol Helen, yes, defo...I don't know why they were permitted to sell "coffee beans" in the first place...such a racist term..

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937756
04/19/18 08:34 PM
04/19/18 08:34 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by fergie
TBH, I never go into Starbucks and I'm not familiar with their policy. I just assumed I'd have to buy something if I went in though, like most places - I was kind of confused through that whole video how it was a racial issue, but certainly if they normally let you just hang around in the place well, fair play, it begs the question why the guys were asked to leave.

It's still quite amusing to see the CEO being very fake contrite, I wonder what his view is when he shuts his front door and talks to his wife....

(CEO 2 his wife behind closed doors @ home)..."f---ing negroes gotta always make somethin' outta nuthin'..poor manager..we had 2 let her go because she feared she was being set up 4 a robbery, they did it to themselves..i wish they just would have left when they were asked.....protest my ass...u know how much were revenue were losin' on this?"...

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937760
04/19/18 08:51 PM
04/19/18 08:51 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Today it’s Starbucks, yesterday it was The President, the lawyer, butcher , the baker , the candlestick maker....... soon they will come for us all.

Have we not learned this lesson already, we must stop these far reaching libtards with all the petty bullshit because they want total destruction and anarchy in America.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: DuesPaid] #937763
04/19/18 08:58 PM
04/19/18 08:58 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Today it’s Starbucks, yesterday it was The President, the lawyer, butcher , the baker , the candlestick maker....... soon they will come for us all.

Have we not learned this lesson already, we must stop these far reaching libtards with all the petty bullshit because they want total destruction and anarchy in America.

Quite right , & a way 2 see themselves on T.V. cause they r always in need of attn. & or the need 4 drama.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937770
04/19/18 09:53 PM
04/19/18 09:53 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

My experiences with black people in New York are as follows: having a doorman aggressively ask me for a cigarette outside a bar; group of young black kids harassing me and my friend trying to sell a rap CD; a black person (can't remember if it was a doorman) jibing me and my companion unprovoked as we walked down the street; a black "comedian" making a homophobic joke towards me and my friend at a comedy show we went to; and a black server in STARBUCKS treating me extremely rudely when I asked him politely to toast me a sandwich.

I am struggling to think of a single bad interaction I had with anyone else. The closest I can think of is a French douchebag complaining because he didn't like a picture my friend took of him and his girlfriend in Rockefeller Tower.

I'm pretty open-minded. A Muslim gentleman helped me take an earring out in my hotel room after it got infected; he was a total gent about it.

My point being, maybe, just maybe, people's impressions are shaped by regular interactions with people.

I don't doubt there is racism towards black people in America, there is, but the media and race-baiters like Sharpton and Jackson, and the asinine differences in "objective" reporting as re: Obama/Trump, mean I think it's important to think rationally and personally, rather than follow an agenda-led construct.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937789
04/20/18 08:00 AM
04/20/18 08:00 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
This is absolutely ridiculous!! Starbucks is ground zero for liberals. The worker thought the 2 guys were suspicious so he called the cops., big deal. The best thing to do is ignore this nonsense.
So starbucks is going to close all their stores for one day to talk about race??? What are they going to say? If a black guy comes into the store, doesnt order anything, looks suspicious, and has a gun, run up and give him a hug.. i cant believe this is actually happening.

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: DuesPaid] #937790
04/20/18 08:02 AM
04/20/18 08:02 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by DuesPaid

Well said !

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #937791
04/20/18 08:45 AM
04/20/18 08:45 AM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
They were waiting for a "business meeting". The one guy I seen been arrested wasn't dressed formally. I'm on the fence. I don't know what their policy is, but from my own personal experience if I sat down in a cafe for twenty minutes without ordering anything I would expect to be asked to buy something or leave. Then again, I exercise discretion and order something first before taking a seat and having a siesta.

It's 2018, not 1918. Huge business meetings have participants dressed in hoodies and jeans daily in the tech industry, among others, so I'm not sure how their attire really matters.

Honestly, I don't think Starbucks racist but there was clearly a bias held by the manager there if the cops were called within minutes of these guys entering the coffee shop. Two minutes is hardly enough time to wait in line. I don't think that part can be denied if you look at the situation objectively.

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937792
04/20/18 09:16 AM
04/20/18 09:16 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
C’mon !! Everytime there is a shooting, robbery, or any other violent crime, the police and everyone else, including Operah tell you to call the police and not worry about being embarassed for jumping to conclusions. They all say its better to be safe than sorry.
Suppose these guys pulled out a gun and the store manager later said they were acting suspicious but he didnt want to take action because he worried about being labeled a racist. He clearly did the right thing not only for himself but his fellow workers and the customers.

Last edited by Belmont; 04/20/18 09:17 AM.
Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: Belmont] #937797
04/20/18 12:03 PM
04/20/18 12:03 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Belmont
C’mon !! Everytime there is a shooting, robbery, or any other violent crime, the police and everyone else, including Operah tell you to call the police and not worry about being embarassed for jumping to conclusions. They all say its better to be safe than sorry.
Suppose these guys pulled out a gun and the store manager later said they were acting suspicious but he didnt want to take action because he worried about being labeled a racist. He clearly did the right thing not only for himself but his fellow workers and the customers.

There was no crime being committed whatsoever, no weapons on the guys, so why are you talking about shootings and robberies? So you suggest people call the police every time they see a black person in order to be "better safe than sorry"? What would you suggest the parameters be?

It kills me that you guys can't even admit that what happened here was racial profiling. This is a textbook example. These guys were barely in there long enough to sit down and had the cops called on them, for what exactly? And you guys are sitting here talking about their clothes, totally unrelated crimes, everything except to just admit that "Hey, maybe this was fucked up."

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937807
04/20/18 01:23 PM
04/20/18 01:23 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
How can it be racial profiling?? You trying to tell me that's the first time 2 black guys have walked into that branch of Starbucks and just sat down? The manager would have been gone long ago if she was that racist, she'd have negatively profiled hundreds of people...

It strikes me that something other than just the color of their skin persuaded her to call the cops.

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937810
04/20/18 01:56 PM
04/20/18 01:56 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

RB does have a point about the two minutes thing. I thought they were there longer. The situation could have been assessed a lot better.

But, as Fergie says, we may never know the full details.

Re: Starbucks is racist? [Re: fergie] #937812
04/20/18 02:08 PM
04/20/18 02:08 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I think the conclusion is obvious.

Why does Starbucks use green cups? Well, green is the color of grass. Where do you find grass? Certainly, in white peoples' neighborhoods. Where don't you find grass? You don't find it in asphalt and cement covered ghettos where most black people live. Obviously, Starbucks green cups are meant as a welcoming nod to white people. But get this: verdant landscapes sometimes turn brown. So, that is Starbucks way of acknowledging Hispanics as a welcome customer component. Of course, even the lushest of green lawns sometime sprout daisies which are yellow. Guess to whom that's a welcoming nod.

No,Starbucks isn't fooling me: Starbucks is hell bent on very specific inclusion and very specific exclusion. Just look at the cups.

Last edited by olivant; 04/20/18 02:14 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull