GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Blackmobs, joepuzzles234, 1 invisible), 210 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,949
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,345
Posts1,058,973
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 31 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 30 31
Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936737
04/08/18 03:25 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
Its not though, and if there was some evidence it was or possibly is I would hear the argument them make my decision to tell others about it as I deem appropriate.

Dont worry about what Im doing
Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: The_Rooster] #936738
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by The_Rooster
Its ok if you dont believe me....now what Loscalzo? Just keep foaming at the mouth and you pretending that your contradictory FBI articles are Gospel? Nah, I think a few of us arent falling for that. If you want to solely believe law enforcement though thats fine.

I thought the bulk of your sources were "solely law enforcement?" What happened to that?

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936739
04/08/18 03:26 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
Ive said many times its not just law enforcement, please reread posts if youre confused

Last edited by The_Rooster; 04/08/18 03:26 PM.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936740
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
I try to stay away from threads like this and people like 'The_Rooster" is. But i gotta wonder is there an admin here?

This thread is total nonsense,this guy keeps spamming 5 posts in a row,talking complete bullshit,without any proof or anything. We had "mafia insiders" all the time,but this guy just beats them all.

@NickyfromTampa: Really appreciate you trying to talk some sense into this guy,but its pointless.Just give it up,i am hoping admin will take care of this guy.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: NickyfromTampa] #936741
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Before I address the Violi thing, I'd just like to mention something I find really interesting about this thread. If you look at the first few pages of this thread, Rooster says that his information comes from beat cops. In a previous thread he said he didn't know any wiseguys nor did he want to IIRC. Rooster's entire argument is based on the words of beat cops. These beat cops apparently know the entire hierarchy of the crime family. These beat cops know what rackets they're into. These beat cops know whose being made.

You dont think that if a beat cop tells someone that then its probably the truth?

You really dont think law enforcement is keeping tabs on these guys

my image is one of reliable sources that arent online or in fbi documents.

Most of my intel comes from cops and just being around different circles, bars, restuarants, etc.

Fast forward a few pages and look at what Rooster is saying. When asked about why his ALLEGED beat cop sources haven't made any busts, he responded with:

So you dont think that there are corrupt cops in every city in America?

So wait a minute. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that he actually DOES have cops talking to him about the Mafia. That's a huge maybe, and to be honest with you, I don't think he does.
If he does have cops talking to him, what makes these beat cops more reliable or trustworthy than the FBI? What makes them more reliable than longtime Buffalo OC investigative journalists? What makes them more reliable than DAs and federal prosecutors?
Some posters here are attacking the credibility of feds, DAs, and said journalists, but no one is questioning the credibility of Rooster's "beat cops." He acknowledged that some of these beat cops were related to mobsters;

I talk to people in the know all the time, including cops some who are relatives.

And he acknowledged that Buffalo is a corrupt area, which I know to be true. For the record, the feds have a far, far, far better track record when it comes to Mafia corruption than city cops do. There is absolutely no question about that.
So even if, and that's a big IF, Rooster is telling the truth about his beat cops, are we really going to believe possibly corrupt beat cops over the feds? Especially when cops in Buffalo have not acknowledged the existence of the Buffalo mob in years? And the FBI has explicitly said that the mob in Buffalo (i.e. the Todaro crime family) is dead?

By this point, we know Rooster has conflicting thoughts about law enforcement in Buffalo. He acknowledged the area's corruption, as have many other posters and the DOJ itself has discouraged the corrupt culture of the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area, and has acknowledged that some of his sources are related to crime family members. But, fast forward even more, he gets to a point where he is straight-up dissing law enforcement in general, especially the feds, even though the feds are helluva lot better Mafia fighters than city cops.

This is a post aimed at me:

So again, keep name calling and grasping at every law officers words and every journalists article so you can try again to get everyone to believe you, which they dont and wont.

So wait... when I link actual, written statements by law enforcement, somehow I'm 'grasping?' But when you hang on to ALLEGED beat cops' words like the bible, that's okay with you? It's important to remember that Rooster has offered nothing which indicates he even speaks to Buffalo cops, let alone that what they're saying is the same as what he's posted.

Nicky, if anyone were to needs guts to do something it would be you and that would be conceding that your reliance on law enforcement and journalists proving they dont exist/are viable fell apart weeks ago.

So my reliance on PROVEN, DOCUMENTED law enforcement somehow has fallen apart, yet Rooster's ALLEGED talks with self-proclaimed corrupt beat cops hasn't?

But then he calls back on his beat cops and says this:

I also believe that my "drunk city cop friends" have some insight into what is going on as far as union corruption and fencing

They apparently have insight, but not enough to make a conviction after over 15 years. And no, Cohen isn't a "Buffalo associate." Ciminelli isn't a "Buffalo associate." The bust you mentioned where you claimed two Rochester soldiers were indicted also never happened.
Rooster's "evidence" consists of him linking an unrelated arrest in Buffalo, like the Cohen arrest, and then trying to connect the dots with the Todaro crime family even though guys like Cohen were never, ever, ever connected with the Todaro crime family. It's not evidence if you have to tell us what the bust/article is missing.

Also, have a look at this little tidbit from Rooster:

Lastly, tell us personally if you have had any communication with anyone in Buffalo that may know about current Family status? You havent. Until a current member flips and says that it doesnt exist, it still does.

How the fuck can a "current member" flip to that the family doesn't exist? If he's a current, active member, and he's flipping, then it obviously means there's something to flip over?
Anyways, let's claim that Rooster's convoluted example makes sense.
This means that the Trafficante crime family is still active, because no "current member" has flipped to say that it hasn't.
Has anyone flipped to say Pittsburgh isn't active?
Milwaukee?
Los Angeles?
Kansas City?
Dallas?
Seattle?
Denver?
I could go on. Watch Rooster try and say "Apples and Oranges" to this, even though he explicitly stated that the only way to tell if a family is defunct is if a member flips and says the family is defunct. Go figure...

Anyways, I continue with his hypocritical comments on law enforcement.

You get in trouble if you claim to know things that law enforcement doesnt know on here

By this point, Rooster seems to be having memory trouble. As in, he is forgetting who told him the information about the Todaro crime family. Just to jog your memory Rooster, you claimed that beat cops told you the hierarchy, rackets and members of the family.

And Rooster claims that I'M the one with an agenda? My agenda has, and still is, strictly evidence. If I've somehow got an agenda because I believe the feds over an internet nobody and an admitted liar (Giacomo), then hey, I guess that's my agenda. But it seems that Rooster's agenda is to claim the family is still active at all costs. Which is why he claims his law enforcement sources are correct, and then later discredits law enforcement as a whole. It's also why he consistently shits on acclaimed reporters, until he manages to find little tidbits in articles which support his story. Acclaimed journalists for the Buffalo News and Niagara Falls Reporter are all wrong, but then Rooster references a chart from Gangsters Inc., an amateurish mafia news website (I enjoy the website, but - like About the Mafia.com - I wouldn't take it over the the feds, prosecutors and the Buffalo News). Where's the double standard?

So, to all the people that have discredited the feds, DAs, and other sources, in order to back up Rooster's story, where's the double standard? Bensonhurst, what makes you think that corrupt beat cops who haven't been able to make a bust are any more reliable than the feds? If you want to discredit the feds, fine, but what would we know without them? 90% of the information online about the Mafia comes from the feds. Wiretaps, busts, surveillances, informants... all the work of the feds. If you want to discredit the feds than you can discredit most of what we know about Buffalo's mob history. We only know about Joe Todaro Jr.'s closeness to Pete Capitano due to the feds, since the feds wiretapped Todaro's restaurant and caught him talking about Gerace and Capitano? That's just one example from this thread. When the feds caught Todaro Jr. talking about Capitano in 1990, that was good enough for you guys, but now when they call Local 210 an "aggressive but clean" union, that isn't enough for you?

By the way Roost, here's the post I'd like you to respond to.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936742
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
I try to stay away from threads like this and people like 'The_Rooster" is. But i gotta wonder is there an admin here?

This thread is total nonsense,this guy keeps spamming 5 posts in a row,talking complete bullshit,without any proof or anything. We had "mafia insiders" all the time,but this guy just beats them all.

@NickyfromTampa: Really appreciate you trying to talk some sense into this guy,but its pointless.Just give it up,i am hoping admin will take care of this guy.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: The_Rooster] #936743
04/08/18 03:27 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Ive said many times its not just law enforcement, please reread posts if youre confused

Beat cops are law enforcement. Even corrupt ones.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Strax] #936744
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by Strax

Me too. I guess you're right, there is no hope for this guy or anyone who believes him.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936745
04/08/18 03:29 PM
04/08/18 03:29 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
Like I said over and over, if you dont believe me thats fine, I dont have articles to show you validating my stories. But the point is you cant agree to disagree. Ive answered all your questions and yet you still have a hard on to prove the family isnt active. Im not going to concede anything.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936746
04/08/18 03:30 PM
04/08/18 03:30 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
Yes , i know beat cops are law enforcement. I said they werent my only sources, not that they werent law enforcement.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936747
04/08/18 03:31 PM
04/08/18 03:31 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
As Straxx questions my credibility, he wonders if there is an administration...interesting.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936748
04/08/18 03:32 PM
04/08/18 03:32 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
Its not about talking sense into me, I understand your articles and assumptions would lead you to believe there is no viable family but I disagree. Now what? We reached that conclusion weeks ago.

Last edited by The_Rooster; 04/08/18 03:34 PM.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936749
04/08/18 03:34 PM
04/08/18 03:34 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
And again you spam 3 posts in a row. Man its ok,i believe you, you have inside info,sources in police too and u decide to post about it on an online forum.

You convinced me,thanks for opening my eyes.

Last edited by Strax; 04/08/18 03:35 PM.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936750
04/08/18 03:48 PM
04/08/18 03:48 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
Spam? Im posting on the thread where and while everyone is having a discussion. Im not trying to convince anyone, just giving my opinion based on what I hear and believe. Why is that so hard of a concept.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936751
04/08/18 03:54 PM
04/08/18 03:54 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
There is a reason why "Edit" button exists,you don't need to spam 5 posts in a row,this thread is 26 pages...

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936752
04/08/18 03:55 PM
04/08/18 03:55 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
Ok fair enough

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936755
04/08/18 04:14 PM
04/08/18 04:14 PM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Giacomo;

How many Buffalo crews are in Canda was it just Papalia's old crew

Do you know big the crew was and is today?

Papilia was a Capo correct?

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Strax] #936760
04/08/18 04:57 PM
04/08/18 04:57 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by Strax

This thread is total nonsense,this guy keeps spamming 5 posts in a row,talking complete bullshit,withoutl any proof or anything. We had "mafia insiders" all the time,but this guy just beats them all.

At Strax, this thread is nonsense?

I followed it! It made sense to me. I appreciate Nicky’s argument. I thought this was a good discussion. So I guess I’m a little befuddled.. Maybe the reason you think this thread is nonsense is because there are at least 4 other individuals beside Rooster that see the logic of the other side?

So tell me how was I nonsensical?

You know if you study epistemology you learn that there all kinds of logic, argumentation, end even types of knowing. Knowledge isn’t just found newspaper articles. But I do agree some knowledge can and is found there, just not all knowledge ...it is just one way of knowing.

Last edited by NickleCity; 04/08/18 05:56 PM.
Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936763
04/08/18 05:01 PM
04/08/18 05:01 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
Well said Nickle

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Strax] #936769
04/08/18 05:23 PM
04/08/18 05:23 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
I agree they need to lay off some of the hostility, but other than that it's a decent back and forth argument, if you don't like it your not forced to look at this thread so whats the problem here? Stop being one sided and trying to get people banned or something when it's not warranted. @strax

Last edited by Moscone65; 04/08/18 05:24 PM.
Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936770
04/08/18 05:28 PM
04/08/18 05:28 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
Many people state that Buffalo is still a viable thing. I might understand that there could be one, maybe 2 buffalo fanatics talking nonsense. But for 5 people to be all saying the same thing? While it may be difficult to believe random internet posters, there is a major concensus here. Buffalo and the Niagara region in general is Corrupt with a capital C. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff and people in this area. But if you want to believe self proclaimed "mob experts" and retired police that have been retired in Florida with their head up their ass, go ahead.

Last edited by Moscone65; 04/08/18 05:32 PM.
Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Moscone65] #936773
04/08/18 06:02 PM
04/08/18 06:02 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by Moscone65
I agree they need to lay off some of the hostility, but other than that it's a decent back and forth argument, if you don't like it your not forced to look at this thread so whats the problem here? Stop being one sided and trying to get people banned or something when it's not warranted. @strax

Thanks Moscone... honestly I think part of the reason this thread has been this active for this long is due to the fact that those who believe the Buffalo family is active are tired of being made out to be fanatical nubs who suck their thumbs and know nothing. It is, truly off putting! I know I am tired of it!

Last edited by NickleCity; 04/08/18 06:04 PM.
Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: NickleCity] #936774
04/08/18 06:17 PM
04/08/18 06:17 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
No problem nickle, I remember you from another mob site that I frequent and i know that you make good points and offer valuable insight.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: BensonHURST] #936779
04/08/18 06:30 PM
04/08/18 06:30 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Giacomo;

How many Buffalo crews are in Canda was it just Papalia's old crew

Do you know big the crew was and is today?

Papilia was a Capo correct?

History wise, Buffalo had 4 crews. One crew split from Buffalo sometime in early or mid 1950's between Detroit's Windsor group and the Marci family in Toronto. This led Paul Volpe as the only Capo in Toronto for Buffalo. Giacomo Luppino was a long time Capo for Buffalo. Johnny Papalia did not become a Capo until the early 1960's as Magaddino decided that he needed another crew to help out with the Hamilton and NF area.

Today there are two Buffalo crews in Canada, Papalia crew which has 5 known made members and 25 to 40 associates, Rocco Papalia still remains in contact with Buccinasco, and Plati. The Luppino crew which has over 8 made members, and 70 to 90 associates. Not much has changed with the Luppino crew to day, but the Papalia crew had a full crew with around 150 associates in its heyday.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936780
04/08/18 06:48 PM
04/08/18 06:48 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
Giacomo, do you know any membership estimates on the Musitano's? I saw a chart in them once that was pretty rare but it wasn't clear who was made and who was an associate.

Last edited by Moscone65; 04/08/18 06:51 PM.
Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936787
04/08/18 08:36 PM
04/08/18 08:36 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Musitanos are at the same estimates as the Papalia crew.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Flushing] #936792
04/08/18 09:16 PM
04/08/18 09:16 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss

Giacoomo;

So Detroit LCN has a Canada crew as well.

Interesting.....

That crew used to be with Buffalo??

The Luppino crew which has over 8 made members, and 70 to 90 associates. Not much has changed with the Luppino crew to day, but the Papalia crew had a full crew with around 150 associates in its heyday.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So 13 made Memebers over 200 associates ?

I didn't know Luppino was with Buffalo

So the Buffalo crews are intact

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: BensonHURST] #936793
04/08/18 09:22 PM
04/08/18 09:22 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo

Giacoomo;

Interesting.....

The Luppino crew which has over 8 made members, and 70 to 90 associates. Not much has changed with the Luppino crew to day, but the Papalia crew had a full crew with around 150 associates in its heyday.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Canadian papers Dominic Violi is the heir apparent of the Luppino Family. If he is, truly, part of the Todaro Family it is likely his family is with Buffalo—or if Power has shifted, Buffalo crews are with his family.

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: Moscone65] #936794
04/08/18 09:24 PM
04/08/18 09:24 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Spam? Im posting on the thread where and while everyone is having a discussion. Im not trying to convince anyone, just giving my opinion based on what I hear and believe. Why is that so hard of a concept.

You're not trying to convince anyone? Wtf? Please tell me you're joking.

Originally Posted by Moscone65
Many people state that Buffalo is still a viable thing. I might understand that there could be one, maybe 2 buffalo fanatics talking nonsense. But for 5 people to be all saying the same thing? While it may be difficult to believe random internet posters, there is a major concensus here. Buffalo and the Niagara region in general is Corrupt with a capital C. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff and people in this area. But if you want to believe self proclaimed "mob experts" and retired police that have been retired in Florida with their head up their ass, go ahead.

Nickle believes the government is working WITH the Buffalo mob and that's why they're not being busted. Rooster hasn't offered an explanation into why the feds have alleged lied about their exist, other than making vague references to an "agenda" they might have. Giacomo can't be taken seriously at all, for obvious reasons. Who are the other three posters?

And no, there is not a major consensus that the Buffalo family is still active. Evidence has proven that wrong.
People who believe it exists:
5 Internet nobodies, one of whom has been caught lying over and over again.
Imaginary Beat Cops

People who DON'T believe it exists:
The Federal Government.
Buffalo law enforcement.
Federal prosecutors
District Attorneys
Ron Fino
Scott Deitche
All prominent organized crime journalists from Western New York.
Numerous posters on this forum.

So Moscone, tell me how Rooster is leading a major consensus here?

Re: Bufalino family remnants? [Re: BensonHURST] #936795
04/08/18 09:25 PM
04/08/18 09:25 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar

Giacoomo;

Interesting.....

13 made members, and 100 to 130 associates today. 150 was back in the Papalia heyday. Which combined, would be 22 to 25 made members, and 250 to 300 associates at both of their peaks.

Page 26 of 31 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 30 31

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull