GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (TheKillingJoke, RushStreet, Blackmobs, 1 invisible), 372 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,594
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,069
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,369
Posts1,059,484
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 36 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 35 36
Re: president trump [Re: Binnie_Coll] #931016
02/26/18 02:54 PM
02/26/18 02:54 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
If you're going to factor body armor, you have to factor how many roofers took a tumble, were seriously injured, but didn't die.

No way around it.

There are at least 10 occupations which workers take more of a risk than police offices, and none of them are first responders.

The danger of a police officer's job is hyperbole, propagated by their unions.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: president trump [Re: helenwheels] #931017
02/26/18 02:56 PM
02/26/18 02:56 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by helenwheels
'Our cities are like warzones' says the guy who has never been in either a war zone or a major city.

lol lol lol

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: president trump [Re: OakAsFan] #931021
02/26/18 03:01 PM
02/26/18 03:01 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
'Our cities are like warzones' says the guy who has never been in either a war zone or a major city.

lol lol lol

I collected thousands in rent every Friday, 1st Friday of the month, in the worst neighborhoods in West Dayton and Cincinnati.
Cincinnati metro is a Top 20 Largest City. Mind you.
Both are war zones, both are Top 20 Most Dangerous Cities in America, by Murder and Violence.
I said had because Im now out. I had 2 people Murdered on my curb in Dayton and in a drug shootout. That was it.

You have NO idea who I am, what I do, who Ive been around and what Ive done.
Ive had close friends shot and killed, close friends sent to the Pen, been to the worst biker bars in the Midwest, mostly as a kid with my dad on the arm wrestling circuit-3rd in the USA when he hit it big, and dodged my own demise multiple times. Been bar hopping and hustling from 15 on. Then I got serious about football and turned life around.

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 10:48 PM.
Re: president trump [Re: aidanbrexit] #931023
02/26/18 03:02 PM
02/26/18 03:02 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by aidanbrexit
But Id much rather roof than be a cop in downtown Hoodville-pick any large city.

Yeah, let's see you get on that roof on a July morning when it's expected to hit triple digit temperatures, for the 14th day straight, and then nearly lose your balance while ripping out shingles. You'd take a job staring down tweens like Wyatt Earp while riding around in the ghettos in an air conditioned police cruiser, in a heartbeat.

Re: president trump [Re: OakAsFan] #931024
02/26/18 03:04 PM
02/26/18 03:04 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio
[quote=aidanbrexit] But Id much rather roof than be a cop in downtown Hoodville-pick any large city.

Yeah, let's see you get on that roof on a July morning when it's expected to hit triple digit temperatures, for the 14th day straight, and then nearly lose your balance

Been there, dont that.
I worked a Summer in Roofing long ago. I also collected rents in some of the worst areas in the Midwest. Roofing never worried me. Bring a gallon of water and stay hydrated, watch your footing.
But being white, strong / large as I am, Getting shot by a gang banger, robbed of the thousands I had on me in rent money, or having the hood explode over stupid BS nonsense or drive by bullets DID concern me.
And I had scares on roofs. But I never worried about not going home to my wife and kids or wished to carry a piece on me for protection to get on a roof.

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 10:49 PM.
Re: president trump [Re: Binnie_Coll] #931025
02/26/18 03:08 PM
02/26/18 03:08 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
But the odds are, you won't get shot at by a gang banger. The odds of falling off that roof or having a heat stroke were much greater.

There are at least 10 jobs more dangerous than that of a police officers, among them roofing, maintenance work...and fishing.

Re: president trump [Re: OakAsFan] #931029
02/26/18 03:15 PM
02/26/18 03:15 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio
But the odds are, you won't get shot at by a gang banger. The odds of falling off that roof or having a heat stroke were much greater.

There are at least 10 jobs more dangerous than that of a police officers, among them roofing, maintenance work...and fishing.

Cop is #11, close TO #10.

Odds are you wont get robbed either, but I still carry a gun.
Roofing Accidents are for idiots and risk takers.
Placing yourself as a white guy in A bonafied Top 20 War Zone, having $1000s in your pocket, everyone Knowing you have $1000s in your pocket, on a Friday,despite whatever odds someone on a board tells you, isnt comforting.

Ive seen violence and guns erupt first hand.
Ive Had guns pulled. I dealt with felon tenants. Drug users, Drug dealers and usual degenerates.
I Had 2 murdered on MY curb street. Memorial constructed. Homies dumping the 40s regularly there. Try renting that house...
I Had my home featured in a Gangsta rap video. Had cops pull me over and ask me what in the hell i was doing there, as I had no business being there, letting me go for running a stop sign at dusk. Thats reality & sobering.

Roofing is a hard job, but its honest work and a 'cake walk' vs collecting Section 8 and worrying about your lifes safety.

DEADLIEST US CITIES
9. Cincinnati, Ohio
The murder rate in Cincinnati is 11.0 per 100,000.
The rate went unchanged compared with the same timespan last year.
Credit: John Minchillo/AP

1. St Louis
2. Baltimore
3. New Orleans
4. Detroit
5. Cleveland
6. Kansas City
7. Memphis
8. Chicago
9. Cincinnati
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/murder-map-deadliest-u-s-cities/53/

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 03:19 PM.
Re: president trump [Re: Binnie_Coll] #931036
02/26/18 03:28 PM
02/26/18 03:28 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
If you're going to say that roof accidents are self caused, then it could be the case for police injuries, too. They too could have been taking unnecessary risks outside of their legal authority. They could have been acting like idiots.

Re: president trump [Re: OakAsFan] #931042
02/26/18 03:35 PM
02/26/18 03:35 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio
If you're going to say that roof accidents are self caused, then it could be the case for police injuries, too. They too could have been taking unnecessary risks outside of their legal authority. They could have been acting like idiots.

Not really.
Im speaking from personal experience.
Accidents in roofing are largely NOT wearing safety harnesses, cougar paw roof shoes, or taking unnecessary chances.
Factor the above IN, and roofing is far safer. Same with fishing- lack of sleep a huge component in injury. And injuries arent usually fatal. Just bangups.

Police work INVOLVES putting oneself in direct harms way. They cant refuse to respond to a call of officer down, or robbery in progress...
Huge difference.

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 03:36 PM.
Re: president trump [Re: Binnie_Coll] #931045
02/26/18 03:39 PM
02/26/18 03:39 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
If you're going to factor in human error in regards to roofing accidents, you have to factor it into police injuries, too. Otherwise we're just skewing the numbers to make police work seem more dangerous, right? Human error applies to both categories. Some roofers get a little careless, some cops start acting like cowboys out there and making the job more dangerous for themselves and their fellow officers.

Re: president trump [Re: aidanbrexit] #931047
02/26/18 03:46 PM
02/26/18 03:46 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Everybody is handsome and rich on the internet.

Anyway, how many people are murdered every day in even the worst large city in the US, compared to say, Damascus or Kabul? You know, actual war zones?

I worked a Summer in Roofing... I had 2 people Murdered on my curb...everyone Knowing you have $1000s in your pocket...Ive Had guns pulled on once

What's with all the random capitalization in the middle of sentences? ESL? Globalist Jewish conspiracy against punctuation?

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: president trump [Re: Binnie_Coll] #931048
02/26/18 03:51 PM
02/26/18 03:51 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
You're going to compare roofers and cops? This is too much for me. A roofer can go to work drunk every day and do drugs if they want. A roofer can go to work without bathing our grooming four weeks if they want. A roofer can beat his wife, get arrested, go home, get a dui, and still keep their job. A roofer can learn the trade and become a contractor and make a fortune with the right mindset. A cop doesn't have that option.The mental anguish that cops deal with on a daily basis surpasses that of most professions. I did carpentry for seven years and never once did I run into someone from another trade who did something routine like rolling out a power cord and getting shot at. Body armour doesn't stop head shots nor armour piercing rounds. A roofer climbs up a leader to a roof where trusses have been set and decked with plywood. The roofer uses the toe boards that are already in place and also if they are playing by the rules of osha after a certain pitch of a roof they are wearing harnesses. You're just full of anti cop rhetoric. What kind of work is it you do? Maybe one day McDonald's will offer a pension.

Re: president trump [Re: helenwheels] #931050
02/26/18 04:14 PM
02/26/18 04:14 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
What's with all the random capitalization in the middle of sentences? ESL? Globalist Jewish conspiracy against punctuation?

Old phone with bad auto-correct. He claims to make enough money now to where he doesn't have to replace roofs, however. So, more power to him.

Re: president trump [Re: OakAsFan] #931051
02/26/18 04:16 PM
02/26/18 04:16 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio
If you're going to factor in human error in regards to roofing accidents, you have to factor it into police injuries, too. Otherwise we're just skewing the numbers to make police work seem more dangerous, right? Human error applies to both categories. Some roofers get a little careless, some cops start acting like cowboys out there and making the job more dangerous for themselves and their fellow officers.

Sure. Do it.
Id surmise that getting shot and living, or stabbed is as a cop, worse than a fall from a roof breaking an arm or spraining an ankle.

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 04:17 PM.
Re: president trump [Re: blueracing347] #931052
02/26/18 04:17 PM
02/26/18 04:17 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by blueracing347
You're going to compare roofers and cops? This is too much for me. A roofer can go to work drunk every day and do drugs if they want. A roofer can go to work without bathing our grooming four weeks if they want. A roofer can beat his wife, get arrested, go home, get a dui, and still keep their job. A roofer can learn the trade and become a contractor and make a fortune with the right mindset. A cop doesn't have that option.The mental anguish that cops deal with on a daily basis surpasses that of most professions. I did carpentry for seven years and never once did I run into someone from another trade who did something routine like rolling out a power cord and getting shot at. Body armour doesn't stop head shots nor armour piercing rounds. A roofer climbs up a leader to a roof where trusses have been set and decked with plywood. The roofer uses the toe boards that are already in place and also if they are playing by the rules of osha after a certain pitch of a roof they are wearing harnesses. You're just full of anti cop rhetoric. What kind of work is it you do? Maybe one day McDonald's will offer a pension.

+1

I think most of the board has jumped the shark and supports Black Lives Matter

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 04:18 PM.
Re: president trump [Re: helenwheels] #931053
02/26/18 04:23 PM
02/26/18 04:23 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio

Anyway, how many people are murdered every day in even the worst large city in the US, compared to say, Damascus or Kabul? You know, actual war zones?

I worked a Summer in Roofing... I had 2 people Murdered on my curb...everyone Knowing you have $1000s in your pocket...Ive Had guns pulled on once

I told myself I wouldnt respond to you, as youre prone to emotional tantrums, muh feels and run back to the moderator, but Ill indulge you as your question is legit.

I never said or intimated that I was rich and famous.
Only that Ive been around. Ive spent time in the Ring as a sparring partner for a HW contender, Played D1 Football in the Big 10, been around real gangsters, and folks from all walks of life, lowlifes and rich n famous. I attended one of largest high schools in Ohio and got comfortable with folks from trailer parks to those with trust funds.

The Top 10 cities in the USA have a higher murder rate per capita THAN the cities you mentioned ironically.
They are officially war zones. This is Chicago. It has a lower rate than that of Dayton or Cincinnati. And yet its still higher than in Kabul Afganistan.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/chicago-homicide-rate-wor_n_1602692.html

Re: president trump [Re: aidanbrexit] #931055
02/26/18 04:27 PM
02/26/18 04:27 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Id surmise that getting shot and living, or stabbed is as a cop, worse than a fall from a roof breaking an arm or spraining an ankle.

Do you think breaking an arm is the only injury you could get falling from a roof? How about a broken collar bone? How about spinal damage? How about being paralyzed? You'd rather have these kinds of injuries than get stabbed by a mentally ill homeless guy with a pencil?

Re: president trump [Re: OakAsFan] #931057
02/26/18 04:32 PM
02/26/18 04:32 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio

Do you think breaking an arm is the only injury you could get falling from a roof? How about a broken collar bone? How about spinal damage? How about being paralyzed? You'd rather have these kinds of injuries than get stabbed by a mentally ill homeless guy with a pencil?

Pretty much. Fall is a fall.
Most get up and get back to work unless its a sprain or break. I worked AS a roofer.
I spent a year as an Insurance adjuster as well, climbing roofs in August 95F. Been there, done it.

I never worried about my life, despite having 1-2 close calls on 2-3 story roofs.
I DID however worry about my life more than a few xs collecting rents.
Dealing with Felons, them knowing I had many $1000s on me, Baby mama drama collecting, late tenants, renting to drug dealers learned after the fact. Owning homes on a major drug traffic street with dealers on the corner with occasional daytime shoot outs in some of the worst neighborhoods in America... These are all job hazards I dont like. Ill take a roof wearing cougar paw shoes and safety harnesses, all day long.

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 04:34 PM.
Re: president trump [Re: aidanbrexit] #931060
02/26/18 04:53 PM
02/26/18 04:53 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

I worked a Summer in Roofing... I had 2 people Murdered on my c8urb...everyone Knowing you have $1000s in your pocket...Ive Had guns pulled on once

I told myself I wouldnt respond to you, as youre prone to emotional tantrums, muh feels and run back to the moderator, but Ill indulge you as your question is legit.

Only that Ive been around. Ive spent time in the Ring as a sparring partner for a HW contender, Played D1 Football in the Big 10, been around real gangsters, and folks from all walks of life, lowlifes and rich n famous. I attended one of largest high schools in Ohio and got comfortable with folks from trailer parks to those with trust funds.

The Top 10 cities in the USA have a higher murder rate per capita THAN the cities you mentioned ironically.
They are officially war zones. This is Chicago. It has a lower rate than that of Dayton or Cincinnati. And yet its still higher than in Kabul Afganistan.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/chicago-homicide-rate-wor_n_1602692.html

The link you posted clearly notes:

CORRECTION #2: The title and first paragraph of this story have been updated to clarify that Chicago’s homicide rate is not higher than Kabul’s, rather the number of homicides in Chicago outpaced that of U.S. troops in Afghanistan as of the date of this piece’s publication.

So, not a vaild counterpoint.

How many people total are killed every day in Damascus or Kabul? How many are killed daily in Chicago? Use valid, current sources.

Now, I'm sure youve been around some real gangsters. Many posters here have. As for the rest of your bio, maybe it's true, maybe it's not. I'm not sure how big the biggest HS in Ohio is, or what relevance it has to this discussion, but I'd doubt it's bigger than the average NYC HS. Which is where I grew up, in a far worse time for crime than currently exists. And even in that era warzone would still be hyperbolic.

And please dont try to pull the 'emotional tantrums' and 'feels' nonsense. I've done neither. I manage to have civilized discussions here with everyone, even when we disagree. You showed up two days ago posting nothing but garbage and behaving like a child and got called out for it. That's life.

Last edited by helenwheels; 02/26/18 05:03 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: president trump [Re: helenwheels] #931061
02/26/18 05:10 PM
02/26/18 05:10 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio

I worked a Summer in Roofing... I had 2 people Murdered on my c8urb...everyone Knowing you have $1000s in your pocket...Ive Had guns pulled on once

The link you posted clearly notes:

CORRECTION #2: The title and first paragraph of this story have been updated to clarify that Chicago’s homicide rate is not higher than Kabul’s, rather the number of homicides in Chicago outpaced that of U.S. troops in Afghanistan as of the date of this piece’s publication.

So, not a vaild counterpoint.
How many people total are killed every day in Damascus or Kabul? How many are killed daily in Chicago? Use valid, current sources.

Now, I'm sure youve been around some real gangsters. Many posters here have. As for the rest of your bio, maybe it's true, maybe it's not. I'm not sure how big the biggest HS in Ohio is, or what relevance it has to this discussion, but I'd doubt it's bigger than the average NYC HS. Which is where I grew up, in a far worse time for crime than currently exists. And even in that era warzone would still be hyperbolic.

And please dont try to pull the 'emotional tantrums' and 'feels' nonsense. I've done neither. I manage to have civilized discussions here with everyone, even when we disagree. You showed up two days ago posting nothing but garbage and behaving like a child and got called out for it. Lifes tough, get a helmet.

I dont BS, and I dont lie. Thats all you need to know about me.

If you factor Per capital deaths, Americas Top 10 Murder Capitals, ranks higher than other war zones.
Just no IEDs..otherwise, similar levels of violence. Vets come home and get killed by gangbangers. Happens every month it seems.

On my Bio- My school had almost 4,000 students. My point was Im well versed on people, and have friends, acquaintences from all walks of life.
And YES, more Americans die in Chicago than die in Iraq on an annual basis, per capita and thte total is actually close.

10 years
U.S. deaths in Chicago = 8,384 vs. the war-zones of Afghanistan & Iraq = 6,778
8,384 vs. 6778

Detroit police declare city to be 'war zone' unsafe for ...
(NaturalNews) The once-great city of Detroit is continuing to self-implode, a victim of decades of gross mismanagement that borders on the criminal.
Detroit isnt much worse than Dayton or Cincinnati per capita. We are literally comparing 1 US city, not even a TOP 10, to 2 Occupied War zone nations!!

[Linked Image]
Cincinnati

[Linked Image]
Winton Terrace & Over The Rhone are both bonafied war zones

[Linked Image]
Dayton

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 05:15 PM.
Re: president trump [Re: Binnie_Coll] #931062
02/26/18 05:12 PM
02/26/18 05:12 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Well, Aidan, let's just bet back to the numbers. Roofing, maintenance work, and even fishing are more dangerous jobs than being a police officer. You can't say that police getting shot and not dying should count while not considering that people in these others jobs get serious injuries without dying.

The bottom line is, being a police officer isn't nearly as dangerous as the police say it is. It's more dangerous to be a truck driver.

Re: president trump [Re: OakAsFan] #931064
02/26/18 05:18 PM
02/26/18 05:18 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio
Well, Aidan, let's just bet back to the numbers. Roofing, maintenance work, and even fishing are more dangerous jobs than being a police officer. You can't say that police getting shot and not dying should count while not considering that people in these others jobs get serious injuries without dying.

The bottom line is, being a police officer isn't nearly as dangerous as the police say it is. It's more dangerous to be a truck driver.

Common sense tells everyone with a 3 digit iq that this isnt true.
Depending on the locale of WHERE one is a COP, makes a HUGE difference. Im in the arm pit of the Midwest. High violence region, not rural illinois or iowa.

Honey Im going to be a cop, vs honey im going to drive a truck....I know which one will cause her to kvetch.
And for good reason.

I know truck drivers here and cops, went to school with both.
My Cop friends all pulled guns, served felony warrants, dealt with death regularly. All were put in harms way as a matter of routine. And they liked it. A masculine trait to want to help others.
By contrast, My truck driver friends all have good, nice, higher paying jobs. If you can dodge a serious accident, its a decent job if you can work alone and sit for long periods.
Sorry, but your post lacks logic.

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 05:22 PM.
Re: president trump [Re: Binnie_Coll] #931066
02/26/18 05:23 PM
02/26/18 05:23 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Come on, Aidan. Let's not start with the assumptions about IQs. Let's keep it civil. I'm just sharing facts with you.

There are at least 10 jobs that are more dangerous than being a police officers. Most of them do not have reputations for being dangerous jobs. Some are considered easy jobs, when they're obviously not.

I can see how many police or police supporters could be offended or perhaps emasculated by these findings, but that doesn't make them any less true. It just adds perspective to the propaganda police try to spread about how dangerous their jobs are. They're not that dangerous.

Re: president trump [Re: aidanbrexit] #931067
02/26/18 05:24 PM
02/26/18 05:24 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted by thedudeabides87
Cops have the best job in the world, they can violate civil liberties whenever they feel like it, frame innocent people, beat and shoot people, they can not uphold the constitution just because.

Black Lives Matter, right?

5% are rogue, it that. Video has changed the game, and few incidences of what you describe.
Litigation or ghetto lottery assures that they are kept honest.

I don't support Black Lives Matter.

Equality, justice, liberty is what I'm about I don't support groups or "isms" just people

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: president trump [Re: aidanbrexit] #931069
02/26/18 05:27 PM
02/26/18 05:27 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

I dont BS, and I dont lie. Thats all you need to know about me.

And YES, more Americans die in Chicago than die in Iraq on an annual basis, per capita and thte total is actually close.

You're being disingenuous by only counting Americans killed in Iraq, not total people killed. Its a cute trick.

Some would call that BS. Some would call it lying.

Last edited by helenwheels; 02/26/18 05:31 PM.

Re: president trump [Re: OakAsFan] #931070
02/26/18 05:30 PM
02/26/18 05:30 PM
Dayton, Ohio
A
aidanbrexit Offline
BANNED
aidanbrexit  Offline
BANNED
A
Made Member
Dayton, Ohio
Come on, Aidan. Let's not start with the assumptions about IQs. Let's keep it civil. I'm just sharing facts with you.

There are at least 10 jobs that are more dangerous than being a police officers. Most of them do not have reputations for being dangerous jobs. Some are considered easy jobs, when they're obviously not.

I can see how many police or police supporters could be offended or perhaps emasculated by these findings, but that doesn't make them any less true. It just adds perspective to the propaganda police try to spread about how dangerous their jobs are. They're not that dangerous.

There are job hazards with fishing, and roofing. No doubt.
But cops respond TO Gunfire, TO Robberys in progress, To murders and shots. The profession is worthy of respect. Same with Firemen. True Men. Brave guys that run INTO fires

Cop is not the Top 10 Most Dangerous, its #11, because in the last 5 years, cop murder #s are down. They are de-policing, due to the race pimps, post rioting nonsense.
Go back Pre 2010 and it was a TOP 10 Most Dangerous, and theyre still underpaid at 55k average.

Id take my chances on a fishing boat, knowing falling in water is a hazard, or being stupid and getting hit with a net might cause me harm. Most of that I can control.
Same with roofing. Wear a harness, Wear cougar paw shoes. Dont be hungover. Stay hydrated. ie Controllable.
Cops cant control what runs they go on, what idiot decides to shoot up a place, or shoot at you serving a warrant. No thanks

Last edited by aidanbrexit; 02/26/18 05:34 PM.
Re: president trump [Re: thedudeabides87] #931071
02/26/18 05:32 PM
02/26/18 05:32 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by thedudeabides87
I don't support groups or "isms" just people

Not even dude-isms?

[Linked Image]

Re: president trump [Re: aidanbrexit] #931072
02/26/18 05:34 PM
02/26/18 05:34 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
But cops respond TO Gunfire, TO Robberys in progress, To murders and shots.

No, they don't.

Most cops don't respond to any of these things. A few do. Most never have to. That's why there are so many jobs with higher death rates than that of a police officer.

Re: president trump [Re: Binnie_Coll] #931078
02/26/18 05:39 PM
02/26/18 05:39 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
You got me Oak

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: president trump [Re: Binnie_Coll] #931083
02/26/18 05:49 PM
02/26/18 05:49 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Aiden seems to like HuffPo as a source, so:

Police Work Isn’t as Dangerous as You May Think

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/blake-fleetwood/how-dangerous-is-police-w_b_6373798.html

After the senseless death and tragic funerals of two young New York City policeman, cops have got to be thinking about assassination. “I want to go home to my wife and kids,” said a cop to the New York Post.” I am concerned about my safety.”

On NBC’s Meet the Press,” NYC Police Commissioner William Bratton said that cops across the country “feel under attack”

They have good reason to worry. Getting killed is a hazard in many occupations, but there is one glaring difference between death risks of law enforcement officers and those of other dangerous occupations: only police officers face the threat of murder as a part of their job. No one is out trying to kill fisherman or loggers or garbage collectors.

A cop on the street endures daily contact with drunks, the mentally disabled and violent criminals. They endure life-and-death situations on a daily basis.

However, the misconception that police work is dangerous, propagated by the media and police unions, could become a self-fulfilling prophecy— especially if police believe that they are going into deadly battle when they head out on patrol. They are likely to be nervous and trigger-happy and might affect their decision-making in a stressful situation.

The fact is: being a policeman is not one of the most dangerous jobs you can have, according to statistics from the Bureau of Labor.

In five years, 2008 to 2012, only one policeman was killed by a firearm in the line of duty in New York City. Police officers are many times more likely to commit suicide than to be killed by a criminal; nine NYC policemen attempted to take their own lives in 2012, alone. Eight succeeded. In 2013, eight NYPD officers attempted suicide, while six succeeded. If police want to protect themselves, a wise move might be to invest in psychiatric counseling, rather than increased firepower.

2013 had the fewest police deaths by firearms since 1887 nationwide.

The national figures vary widely from year to year. In 2014, police deaths in the line of duty, including heart attacks, spiked upward from 100 in 2013, to 126 in 2014.

But the trend has been clearly downward in the last 40 years. Police work is getting progressively safer compared with historical averages:

From 1970 to 1980 police deaths averaged 231 per year.

1980 to 1989: police deaths averaged 190.7.

1990 to 1999: police deaths averaged 161.5.

2000 to 2009: police deaths averaged 165.

2013 to 2014: police deaths averaged 113.

Statistics are drawn from the police friendly National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund which also show that felony killings of police dropped by 50 percent from 1992 to 2013 from 10,000 to 5,000 annually per 100,000 residents.

Statistics are notably unreliable both from the federal government and from law enforcement friendly sites. The best statistics come from the New York City Police Firearms Discharge Reports.

The report for 2013 noted the following:

—- In 1971, 12 officers were killed by other persons and police shot and killed 93 subjects.

—- In 2013, no officers were shot and killed and police killed eight subjects.

To put the risk of policing in perspective: fisherman and loggers are 10 times more likely to be killed on the job than a police officer, a farmer is 2 times more likely to die on the job, according to national figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. A logging worker is eight times more likely than a police officer to die on the job, and a garbage man is three times more likely to die while working.

The 10 Deadliest Jobs: Deaths per 100,000

1. Logging workers: 128.8
2. Fishers and related fishing workers: 117
3. Aircraft pilot and flight engineers: 53.4
4. Roofers: 40.5
5. Structural iron and steel workers: 37
6. Refuse and recyclable material collectors: 27.1
7. Electrical power-line installers and repairers: 23
8. Drivers/sales workers and truck drivers: 22.1
9. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers: 21.3
10. Construction laborers: 17.4

Out of approximately one million police and law enforcement personnel, with 126 deaths per year, the death rate for police is 12.6 per hundred thousand.

The most dangerous job in the U.S. is being president. Eight out of 44 presidents died in office, about 18 percent. Four were assassinated, just over 9 percent.

Most policemen killed on the job die in accidents (mostly auto), not from firearm assault, according to the FBI.

According to FBI figures (which are slightly different than other tabulations), 14 of the 76 police deaths in 2013, nation-wide, were due to auto accidents —- when the officer wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. Tragic for sure.

Of the 76 cops who died in the line of duty in 2013, 18 of them were from gunfire. The rest were traffic fatalities or slips and falls.

Assailants used personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.) in 80.2 percent of the incidents, firearms in 4.3 percent of incidents, and knives or other cutting instruments in 1.7 percent of the incidents.

About 40 percent of officers (30) who die in the line of duty are homicides, which would give police a murder rate of 3 per 100,000, compared with the average national murder rate for the general population of 5.6 per 100,000.

The average citizen of Chicago had a murder risk of 18.5 in 2012, more than three times the murder risk of policeman. Police killings are almost always classified as line-of-duty.

In reality, police don’t draw or fire their guns very much.

Many NYC cops never draw their weapons in their whole career. In New York City, only one cop in 755 fired his or her gun at a suspect intentionally in 2012. In 2013, only one of 850 officers fired a weapon at a suspect intentionally.

In 2012, 80.2 percent of officers who were assaulted in the line of duty were attacked with personal weapons (e.g., hands, fists, or feet). 4.3 percent of the officers were assaulted with firearms.

The reason a policeman’s job is getting safer is simple. There has been a dramatic drop in crime in the last two decades. Less crime means safer working conditions for the people who try to stop it.

The act of policing needs to be safer. Use body cameras. Cut down on the number of traffic accidents. Mandate the use of seat belts on duty. Enforce better and more professional training to avoid dangerous situations, and offer better counseling to deal with the stress of the job.

Attacks on police are a great media story, but if the false narrative — that policing is getting more dangerous — continues to spread it will have a significant effect on how police do their jobs —- making them more fearful than they already are, with increasingly deadly results for the general public.

Page 17 of 36 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 35 36

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull