GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (TheKillingJoke, Giacomo, U talkin' da me ??, 1 invisible), 584 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,082
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,373
Posts1,059,546
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
CNN #925217
12/24/17 08:33 PM
12/24/17 08:33 PM
D
dl Offline OP
Button
dl  Offline OP
D
Button
I'm conservative on most issues. I think there is bias in all media (fox, cnn, npr). I would like to get other opinions on this article:

America rescued her from Haiti. Now Trump wants to send her back.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/19/us/haitians-lose-protected-status/index.html

Is that an objective article?

Thanks.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925223
12/24/17 10:02 PM
12/24/17 10:02 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Every product of human cogitation is subjective, including the subjects that news media choose to cover, and how they cover them. What you should expect--demand--is fair and balanced coverage. Seldom achieved.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925230
12/25/17 01:39 AM
12/25/17 01:39 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I have a lot of Haitian friends through soccer.

Normally I don’t watch CNN because I believe they are out to get trump. That goes for most of the major news networks except fox.

I found the Haitian population is family oriented. I been playing street soccer with them since i was 30 years old. My oldest son has played with me since he was 8 years old. I don’t do it anymore but I have done it 40 years.

I actually have learned a lot from them and they have learned things from me. I love those people I don’t think trump knows everything about them. He knows what the Republicans want him to know.

My opinion is about both parties are egually bad.

I am a conservative as well. When they first started coming here by boat we took them in people said they were all dope dealers not true.

I think we should leave these people alone. And not try an send them back.

only the unloved hate
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925267
12/25/17 09:16 PM
12/25/17 09:16 PM
D
dl Offline OP
Button
dl  Offline OP
D
Button
Thank you both for the responses.

I would not want to send the immigrants back either. I think immigration is a good thing in most cases. At the very least the immigrants are consumers and help the economy. I also think it's morally right to help.

My post was more about CNN editorializing while claiming to be journalists. The editorializing and bias is too blatant to pretend that they are what they claim to be.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925340
12/27/17 09:20 PM
12/27/17 09:20 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
FoxNews is the most biased TV news outlet in the country, and there's not even a close second.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925350
12/28/17 03:18 AM
12/28/17 03:18 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
You're out of your mind Oak. Fox is the most biased? Since Trump has been in office all the other stations promote all this far fetched rhetoric. Trump will be impeached bc he's mentally unstable, Russia colluding, he doesn't know what he's doing, he's unfit, colluding with Russia again... Hillary will beat trump by a landslide. Keep watching the other guys. Send all the liberals to California, put up a wall so they can never return, and let them run their own little world right down the toilet.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925361
12/28/17 07:51 AM
12/28/17 07:51 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I get annoyed with fox because they are not biased enough in trumps favor.

I want to hear the trump lies. I could watch it on every other fucking channel.

I don’t want to watch trump hate on fox so they can say their fair and balanced.

Fuck fair and balanced are the other channels fair and balanced?

Since the left media wants to divide the country and cause another civil war. I hope before I go they get one. If there is I will be hunting so called journalist. Let’s see how they like that?

Since they hate guns and knives. They no doubt will hire people with guns to protect themselves. They better hire good ones that won’t run away with the shooting starts.

I am a believer in hiring cheap labor for that.

only the unloved hate
Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925390
12/28/17 04:23 PM
12/28/17 04:23 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
FoxNews is the most biased TV news outlet in the country, and there's not even a close second.

Harvard University's Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy has come out with a study of media coverage of the Trump White House in its first 100 days.

It is astonishing because it comes from Harvard, not exactly the bedrock of American conservatism.

The study found that in Trump's first 100 days in office, the tone of the news coverage of the president has been a whopping 80 percent negative to 20 percent positive.

CNN and NBC struck a 93 percent negative tone on their Trump stories, with only 7 percent positive. CBS was third in the anti-Trump race, with a 91 to 9 ratio. And the pro-Trump Fox News? That network was 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive.

To say FOX is biased is a complete falsehood. The three biased networks are CNN,NBC & CBS.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925392
12/28/17 04:55 PM
12/28/17 04:55 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I think this says it all.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/26/media/cnn-announcement-retracted-article/index.html

Not exactly Woodward and Bernstein levels of investigative journalism, is it?

The agenda against Trump from CNN etc. is cringe-inducing at this stage.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925406
12/28/17 07:07 PM
12/28/17 07:07 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
lol. You guys are calling CNN biased for reporting on all of the shady things surrounding Trump. What should they do, not report on it? This is more of the fascism coming from the Trump side. Silencing the media. Looks like we're already taking cues from Putin.

Just look at the history of FoxNews, its ownership. Roger Ailes, former CEO/pervert who dropped dead earlier this year admitted Fox was republican propaganda. He referred to Democrats as "The other side". Name one CNN or MSNBC shareholder/exec who actually referred to any political party as "the other side". I'll wait.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925408
12/28/17 07:21 PM
12/28/17 07:21 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

We're calling CNN biased for running false news stories with anonymous sources, sometimes only one, that aren't cross-checked and have no basis in fact or logic.

I could call CNN as an anonymous source and say that Donald Trump is a lizard who sustains himself by eating babies, it doesn't mean that they should report it.

The nonsense about Russian collusion and infiltration is just that - nonsense.

Remember the hell CNN gave Trump over Obama's birth-certificate? What they're doing now is just as embarrassing.

There have been employees flat out ADMITTING there is a directive from above to pursue false news stories about Trump.

It's 2017, where is the accountability for this shit?

News is supposed to be impartial.

This is like something from the 40's Nazi regime.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925409
12/28/17 07:25 PM
12/28/17 07:25 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
FoxNews was founded, founded as a propaganda outlet for conservative politics. Their CEO referred to a political party as "the other side". You won't find a tv network with a nightly news program that ever had a shareholder or CEO with such a biased position.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925411
12/28/17 07:28 PM
12/28/17 07:28 PM
D
dl Offline OP
Button
dl  Offline OP
D
Button
I'm calling CNN biased because of pretty much everything I see on CNN. I typically read it only once a day. Maybe that's not enough to get the whole picture, but I would be surprised if I just happen to stumble across that same exact situation. When I see it on TV (very rarely now), it seems to almost always (probably 9 times out of 10) be a group of people criticizing Trump. I guess there is nothing else newsworthy.

In the example I gave originally, "America rescued her from Haiti. Now Trump wants to send her back.", the implication is that we, as a country, came together to rescue this girl, and now Trump wants to send her, specifically, back. This is the first I have ever heard of the girl, and I suspect its the first time that almost anybody, including Trump, has heard of her.

The headline is deliberately incendiary to get people angry at Trump. That's not objective journalism. That is a a clear example of bias.

You may have overlooked my original post where I said that Fox is biased too. I'm not defending Fox. Regarding executives or shareholders who referred to any political party as "the other side", I am not aware of any, but I think the headlines are sufficient evidence of bias.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925413
12/28/17 07:41 PM
12/28/17 07:41 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'm not saying CNN isn't biased. Isn't every news network in some form or another? It's the human condition. Your neighbor's kid gets drunk and drives into someone's house, lock the son of a bitch away. Your own kid does it, he just made a mistake and needs help. We all do this. What I'm saying is that there is no news network in America as biased as FoxNews. Not even close. They were founded as an outlet for right wing propaganda.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925415
12/28/17 08:13 PM
12/28/17 08:13 PM
D
dl Offline OP
Button
dl  Offline OP
D
Button
I'm not defending Fox. I don't even like Trump. I like some things that Trump has done, but I would not get along with him on a personal level, and I get along with pretty much everybody on a personal level.

I'm just tired of "news" organizations like CNN and NPR pretending to be objective while being blatantly biased. I hear NPR a lot when I'm driving. They are better at pretending than CNN, but they are still obvious. I think they know that for the most part they are preaching to the choir so they don't have to hide it, but they should at least try harder.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925416
12/28/17 08:23 PM
12/28/17 08:23 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
FoxNews is the highest rated cable news network, and they are an admitted propaganda outlet. Can't blame the other networks for following the leader.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925423
12/28/17 08:51 PM
12/28/17 08:51 PM
D
dl Offline OP
Button
dl  Offline OP
D
Button
"Follow the leader" may be typical, but "typical" doesn't justify deliberately misleading people. I don't know when Fox said that they are a propaganda outlet (I'm not disputing it, but I've never seen it), but NPR and CNN have not, as far as I know, acknowledged that they are propaganda outlets. If they did, it would at least be a step in the right direction. From what I have seen, they pretend to be objective truth seekers, but emphasize the news that supports their agenda.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925424
12/28/17 09:27 PM
12/28/17 09:27 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Fox deliberately misleads people. They lie 24/7. And, they're the cable news leader. Naturally, others will follow suit.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925427
12/28/17 09:55 PM
12/28/17 09:55 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
So don't watch it. I don't know what kind of life you lead Oak. When I come home in the morning, I either watch whatever local news station my wife has on or I turn on Fox. I get a quick glimpse of what's going on in the outside world and be on my way. No matter what I watch, it doesn't influence my life one bit. You see, when you're a grown up and have responsibilities the news is at the bottom of your priorities. If you're too busy worrying about everybody else, who's going to look out for you?

Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925428
12/28/17 10:00 PM
12/28/17 10:00 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Fox deliberately misleads people. They lie 24/7. And, they're the cable news leader. Naturally, others will follow suit.

Your facts are wrong. You have people on FOX that are pro-Trump like Hannity, Ingram, Jeanine Pirro,Kimberly Guilfoyle , Carson and Jesse and more..
But you also have just as many if not more on Fox that are against Trump like Chris Wallace, Juan Williams, G.Rivera, John Roberts, Shepard Smith,the never Trump republicans like Perino, Stirewalt, Krauthammer, Carl Rove and more that also attack Trump.
CNN talks negative about Trump from morning to night. Whenever a republican is invited on CNN to talk about positive things Trump does, you have five to six democrats and the host attacking and interrupting the republican.
The fact that you have CNN staff and executives partying with Hillary when she stole the primaries from Bernie Sanders that says it all.

Last edited by Ciment; 12/28/17 10:02 PM.
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925430
12/28/17 10:24 PM
12/28/17 10:24 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
lol. Former Fox CEO/verified pervert/now dead Roger Ailes called the Democratic Party "The other side". Name one shareholder or executive at any other news network who refers to any political party as "the other side". I asked this earlier. Still waiting for an answer. Whatever complaint anyone could have about CNN, MSNBC, NPR, whatever, about having a bias, spinning, misleading, FoxNews is 10 times worse. They wrote the book on it.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925431
12/28/17 10:35 PM
12/28/17 10:35 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Also worth noting that the Trump criticism is warranted. The Russia stuff is mind boggling. He's an open racist and misogynist. Mocked POWs and handicapped people right on television. Trump is a disgusting human being and he hasn't come close to accomplishing anything as president that would make up for it. He deserves nothing short of the national scorn he's getting. If it makes anyone angry, maybe they're the ones who should stop watching cable news. Because it's not going way. Trump is being treated exactly how he deserves to be treated.

Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925433
12/28/17 10:42 PM
12/28/17 10:42 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

lol. You guys are calling CNN biased for reporting on all of the shady things surrounding Trump. What should they do, not report on it? This is more of the fascism coming from the Trump side. Silencing the media. Looks like we're already taking cues from Putin.

Just look at the history of FoxNews, its ownership. Roger Ailes, former CEO/pervert who dropped dead earlier this year admitted Fox was republican propaganda. He referred to Democrats as "The other side". Name one CNN or MSNBC shareholder/exec who actually referred to any political party as "the other side". I'll wait.

Roger Ailes was a republican but if you recall Trump & Roger Ailes were feuding.Fox news had set a trap for Trump in the first debate. Roger Ailes was in bed with the never Trump republicans. You seem to forget, that Roger Ailes was backing Megan Kelly(a Trump hater).CNN/MSNBC went much further than referring to any political party as "the other side". They are in bed with the democrats and donate lots of money to the DNC. Once again you have your facts wrong.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925434
12/28/17 10:49 PM
12/28/17 10:49 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I don't know why Fox was against Trump at first. Probably because he'd been a Democrat half his life, and there were conspiracy theories floating around that he was only running to sabotage the GOP and hand the election to Hillary, considering his history of being friends with the Clintons. Once Trump was the GOP nominee, FoxNews has been all in. They're a conservative propaganda network. They were founded as such. This isn't the case with any other cable news network. You look among the shareholders at the companies that own CNN, MSNBC, etc, you're probably going to find more conservatives than liberals. MSNBC's had people on like Joe Scarborough, Dennis Miller, Michael Savage. The punchable Jeffrey Lord is on CNN around the clock. Real liberal network, allowing that asshole to troll black America on a daily basis.

Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925435
12/28/17 11:03 PM
12/28/17 11:03 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I don't know why Fox was against Trump at first. Probably because he'd been a Democrat half his life, and there were conspiracy theories floating around that he was only running to sabotage the GOP and hand the election to Hillary, considering his history of being friends with the Clintons. Once Trump was the GOP nominee, FoxNews has been all in. They're a conservative propaganda network. They were founded as such. This isn't the case with any other cable news network. You look among the shareholders at the companies that own CNN, MSNBC, etc, you're probably going to find more conservatives than liberals. MSNBC's had people on like Joe Scarborough, Dennis Miller, Michael Savage. The punchable Jeffrey Lord is on CNN around the clock. Real liberal network, allowing that asshole to troll black America on a daily basis.

You proved my point by making these baseless accusations.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925445
12/29/17 09:25 AM
12/29/17 09:25 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
I'm beginning to think that counseling Oak has been receiving following Hillary's defeat isn't enough. What does it matter if a news station is biased when the viewer is biased to begin with? From his posts, it is obvious that Oak as well as most libtArds will never admit when they're wrong. He still feels that Trump didn't win the eLection fair and square. The sad thing is that Trump wOuld've won regardless if he was dem or republican.

Re: CNN [Re: OakAsFan] #925447
12/29/17 09:48 AM
12/29/17 09:48 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Also worth noting that the Trump criticism is warranted. The Russia stuff is mind boggling. He's an open racist and misogynist. Mocked POWs and handicapped people right on television. Trump is a disgusting human being and he hasn't come close to accomplishing anything as president that would make up for it. He deserves nothing short of the national scorn he's getting. If it makes anyone angry, maybe they're the ones who should stop watching cable news. Because it's not going way. Trump is being treated exactly how he deserves to be treated.

Here is a clip of Barack Obama mocking handicapped people on The Tonight Show.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925449
12/29/17 10:19 AM
12/29/17 10:19 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
All news media outlets have some or little bias in them, but not at the levels CNN, NBC, and Fox news. That is why I have more trust in BBC and The Wall Street Journal.

Lol Oak, back in the 90's Fox News was not designed that way, only after 9-11.

Oak, there were many in the Fox News that fought and attacked Trump from getting the nomination and failed.

For the record CNN is the most bias media news outlet there is. CNN colluded with Democrats to have Clinton win the primary, while Fox has never went to such extremes for any Republican in a primary, which I applaud them.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925462
12/29/17 02:39 PM
12/29/17 02:39 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
There is a documented history of FoxNews having shareholders and CEOs with a direct conservative agenda.

There is NO documented history of any other news network in the country having shareholders or CEOs with any direct political agenda. None. Zilch.

A news network CEO referring to a political party as "the other side", as Roger Ailes did, is evidence of propaganda. You're just not going to find evidence of any other network having leadership with this kind of agenda.

Ailes was with Fox from the start, which was in 1996. This network has served as conservative political propaganda from that very day, and continues to up to this very moment.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 12/29/17 03:00 PM.

Re: CNN [Re: dl] #925467
12/29/17 05:24 PM
12/29/17 05:24 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
CNN was in the toilet ratings wise. Now people watch it to hear the lies. Of course some retards believe what they say.

Let’s see how the voters feel when they see a difference in the pay checks. Not to mention their 401ks.

They said it was because of Obama that the economy grew and not trump.

Who here donated to Hillary’s presidential campaign?

only the unloved hate
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull