GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 366 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,307
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 636 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 635 636
Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Aces] #915462
06/16/17 11:01 AM
06/16/17 11:01 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: Aces
Get off my back bitch -by the band " male supremecy "
You belong in the kitchen not in an office - by the band " male supremecy"

Well, that sounds like a nice song. rolleyes Does it have a good beat? tongue

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/16/17 11:10 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #915483
06/16/17 02:21 PM
06/16/17 02:21 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

TIS

Aces - Did you sing this song afterwards? Second verse from Its a Thin Line

Here I am laying in the hospital
Bandaged from feet to head
Ya see I'm in the state of shock
Just that much from being dead
I didn't think my woman could do something like this to me
I didn't think she had the nerve, so here I am
I guess action speaks louder than words

TIS I think the beat goes something like boom boom whack slash slash thump... man down...all done by a pan and sharp knife from the kitchen. Good beat lol

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Alfanosgirl] #915484
06/16/17 02:25 PM
06/16/17 02:25 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl

TIS

TIS I think the beat goes something like boom boom whack slash slash thump... man down...all done by a pan and sharp knife from the kitchen. Good beat lol

Ok, now that's a happy ending! lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #915488
06/16/17 03:35 PM
06/16/17 03:35 PM
A
Aces Offline
BANNED
Aces  Offline
BANNED
A
Capo
You belong in the city by glen frey- aactually a remake,
" you belong in the kitchen " by male supremecy.

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #915508
06/16/17 06:27 PM
06/16/17 06:27 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA

TIS

Ok, now that's a happy ending! lol

TIS

Yup sure is lol

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Aces] #915509
06/16/17 06:31 PM
06/16/17 06:31 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
You belong in the city by glen frey- aactually a remake,
" you belong in the kitchen " by male supremecy.

You again huh? tongue You remind me of Five Felonies. We'd always have these debates in the shout box. We'd battle all the time. I miss that guy. Anybody know why he isn't posting anymore?

Back to the song I'm singing. It's called You belong on my Ignore this user list. Whoah oh, oh, oh-uh-oh, Ratta ta ta too-ooh-ooh, Whoah oh, oh, oh-uh-oh, Ratta ta ta too-ooh-ooh, Whoa-uh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #915512
06/16/17 06:44 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Speaking of Glenn Frey, I was lucky enough to see him perform with the Eagles about a year before his death. The staff at the venue were not letting any of us record any songs. They'd take phones away if they caught you. I saw them take two. So, I had my phone hidden in my purse recording him singing Take It To The Limit (One of my Fave songs) Normally, Randy sings it. I listen to it often. The last song they sang was Hotel California and they allowed us to record it. So, I have that one too.

RIP Glenn Fry

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #915513
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Frey oops

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Alfanosgirl] #915516
06/16/17 07:01 PM
06/16/17 07:01 PM
California

California
Speaking of Glenn Frey, I was lucky enough to see him perform with the Eagles about a year before his death. The staff at the venue were not letting any of us record any songs. They'd take phones away if they caught you. I saw them take two. So, I had my phone hidden in my purse recording him singing Take It To The Limit (One of my Fave songs) Normally, Randy sings it. I listen to it often. The last song they sang was Hotel California and they allowed us to record it. So, I have that one too.

RIP Glenn Fry

A-Girl

I saw the Eagles as well (2 times) in their "Hell Freezes Over" tour. One of the best concerts ever. smile It was outside at the Glen Helen pavilion if you know where that is. San Bernardino I believe.

I like all their songs. Lying Eyes is great. Also remember "The Heat Is On" from Miami Vice? That was good too. I was so sad to hear of Frey's passing. I had know idea he was sick. RIP

Generally I say Hotel California is my favorite too. They played it both times. I have the very beginning and the guitar ending of the song as ring tones on my cell.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/16/17 07:02 PM.

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #915518
06/16/17 07:20 PM
06/16/17 07:20 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

RIP Glenn Fry

A-Girl

I saw the Eagles as well (2 times) in their "Hell Freezes Over" tour. One of the best concerts ever. smile It was outside at the Glen Helen pavilion if you know where that is. San Bernardino I believe.

I like all their songs. Lying Eyes is great. Also remember "The Heat Is On" from Miami Vice? That was good too. I was so sad to hear of Frey's passing. I had know idea he was sick. RIP

Generally I say Hotel California is my favorite too. They played it both times. I have the very beginning and the guitar ending of the song as ring tones on my cell.

TIS

Lying Eyes. Just about my favorite.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: olivant] #915520
06/16/17 08:14 PM
06/16/17 08:14 PM
California

California
Oh and another one I like "Heartache Tonight."

Really liked Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry' too.

smile

TIS

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #915554
06/17/17 01:30 PM
06/17/17 01:30 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
@TIS I'm so glad you were able to see them TWICE. I know the place in San Bernardino you are talking about but never have been there. Lyin' Eyes is a great song. Peaceful Easy Feeling is another great song imo. Back when MTV was all music videos Glenn Frey was always playing The Heat is On. Hotel CA reminds me of being in the back of a huge station wagon with all the windows down, like ten kids altogether singing and talking lol while driving down to the beach or Palm Springs. Those were fun times. smile That's really cool of you to have those songs as your ring tones TIS.

I had no idea he was sick either. What a shame! He was one of the great ones! RIP Glenn Frey

I was going to try to get tix for The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac show but never did. That's coming up this year. I forget what they're calling it. I remember reading that Glenn Frey's son will be joining the Eagles for that tour. How cool is that!! Saw Fleetwood Mac at the Honda Center a while back. Great concert.

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #915555
06/17/17 01:40 PM
06/17/17 01:40 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA

smile

TIS

Cont'd

Great songs. A lot of the guys I know liked The Boys of Summer but I thought it was just okay. There really isn't one bad song by them imo. Desperado and Tequila Sunrise were very popular too. Life in the Fast Lane is another great song cool

Joe Walsh was in the James Gang. I liked all his stuff like Walk Away, Funk # 49 #48 and Rocky Mountain Way. He's a Jersey guy too. So that I like too. lol

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Alfanosgirl] #915558
06/17/17 02:05 PM
06/17/17 02:05 PM
California

California

smile

TIS

Cont'd

Great songs. A lot of the guys I know liked The Boys of Summer but I thought it was just okay. There really isn't one bad song by them imo. Desperado and Tequila Sunrise were very popular too. Life in the Fast Lane is another great song cool

Joe Walsh was in the James Gang. I liked all his stuff like Walk Away, Funk # 49 #48 and Rocky Mountain Way. He's a Jersey guy too. So that I like too. lol
s]

Oh yea, I like Boys of Summer AND Rocky Mountain Way too. I didn't know Walsh was from Jersey. He's called in radio K-Erth 101 few times. I just assumed he was from CA.

As far as Glen Helen, it's a perfect place for an outdoor summer concert, Wide open, good acoustics. When I saw Eagles first time, for their Hell Freezes Over Tour, it was a big deal
cause it'd been so long. They had a tailgate party at Glen Helen opening doors early. People could BBQ, drink, party. Ha ha! It really was a party. Of course they sold shirts and Eagle stuff too.

Btw, I much prefer the original Hotel California with the electric guitar as opposed to the slower version. I was really hoping they'd play the original at the concert, and they did. smile Just as I prefer the original Layla (Derick & the Dominoes aka Eric Clapton) as opposed to the MTV version (I think).

Also saw Rod Stewart (one of my favs) there twice, as well as a summer Beach Boy concert. Enjoyed all of them. smile

TIS

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #915580
06/17/17 06:58 PM
06/17/17 06:58 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA

smile

TIS

Cont'd

s]

Oh yea, I like Boys of Summer AND Rocky Mountain Way too. I didn't know Walsh was from Jersey. He's called in radio K-Erth 101 few times. I just assumed he was from CA.

As far as Glen Helen, it's a perfect place for an outdoor summer concert, Wide open, good acoustics. When I saw Eagles first time, for their Hell Freezes Over Tour, it was a big deal
cause it'd been so long. They had a tailgate party at Glen Helen opening doors early. People could BBQ, drink, party. Ha ha! It really was a party. Of course they sold shirts and Eagle stuff too.

Btw, I much prefer the original Hotel California with the electric guitar as opposed to the slower version. I was really hoping they'd play the original at the concert, and they did. smile Just as I prefer the original Layla (Derick & the Dominoes aka Eric Clapton) as opposed to the MTV version (I think).

Also saw Rod Stewart (one of my favs) there twice, as well as a summer Beach Boy concert. Enjoyed all of them. smile

TIS

I remember hearing/reading that Walsh lived in north Jersey but I'm not sure if he was born there. Seems like a nice guy. I remember reading that he woke up on an airplane not knowing where he was after a lot of partying. He didn't even remember boarding the plane. I think he said he ended up in France. He said that's when he knew it was time he cooled it with the rockstar partying. I thought that was funny. lol

TIS I agree. The acoustic version is ok but I prefer the original electric guitar version best. It's the best part of the song imo. I do like both versions of Clapton's Layla song though.

Rod Stewart has some really good songs. My Dad loved The Beach Boys. Sounds like you got to see some great concerts.

Nowadays, I have to go to the younger generation's concerts with my kid. Twenty one Pilots, Fall Out Boy, Panic At the Disco lol One concert was at the House of Blues no seating, 3 hours of standing in a crowded room. I said I need a bar stool or a lawn chair. I'm getting too old for this tongue

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #915584
06/17/17 07:55 PM
06/17/17 07:55 PM
A
Aces Offline
BANNED
Aces  Offline
BANNED
A
Capo
Joe walsh is from montclair nj. He doesnt live there now of course.

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #915608
06/18/17 02:08 PM
06/18/17 02:08 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Mr. Moonlight - The Beatles

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: olivant] #915670
06/19/17 10:35 PM
06/19/17 10:35 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Oli, This is a warning. Don't click the link because this song was stuck in my head for hours yesterday!! I sent a Happy Father's Day text and this link to one of my cousins to bust him because he can't stand Rosie O'Donnell lol She sings along with Boz Scaggs.

Lido Shuffle

https://youtu.be/Vc1GEyYm5go

But here's one you can click. Eagles singing Lyin Eyes 1977

https://youtu.be/r5KtEToyWrI

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Alfanosgirl] #915673
06/19/17 10:58 PM
06/19/17 10:58 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Don't click the link because this song was stuck in my head for hours yesterday!!

I can't imagine that anyone else will be interested in this: Mark Twain wrote a story about a musical earworm about 140 years ago. I first read the story about 45 years ago, and I am still susceptible to the earworm, even though I have never actually heard the song performed outside of my own head. Here's a link to the story, you can decide to click or not:

Punch, Brothers, Punch

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: mustachepete] #915736
06/21/17 01:34 AM
06/21/17 01:34 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: mustachepete
Don't click the link because this song was stuck in my head for hours yesterday!!

I can't imagine that anyone else will be interested in this: Mark Twain wrote a story about a musical earworm about 140 years ago. I first read the story about 45 years ago, and I am still susceptible to the earworm, even though I have never actually heard the song performed outside of my own head. Here's a link to the story, you can decide to click or not:

Punch, Brothers, Punch

Hi Pete. I figured what the hell and clicked on your link. Interesting story.

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #915738
06/21/17 01:49 AM
06/21/17 01:49 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
I watched this video to get all those songs out of my head. So, I'm good now blush

https://youtu.be/E7FV9aaiwKQ

Earlier today I was listening to Abbey Road. Great Beatles album. Here is a perfect song to start off the morning on the first day of SUMMER!! Enjoy!!

George Harrison Live
https://youtu.be/JNS_SUmCJm4

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #915739
06/21/17 01:50 AM
06/21/17 01:50 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Rain by The Beatles.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #915743
06/21/17 02:25 AM
06/21/17 02:25 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Cont'd The Beatles

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

https://youtu.be/5tvSvjpcBuo

The End

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #916308
06/30/17 12:17 AM
06/30/17 12:17 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
YouTube put the video I recorded of Hotel California by The Eagles back up!!! Yayy. Here it is. They'll probably take it down again in a week lol

See Glenn Frey?

https://youtu.be/g_wsJD-Kyjg

Listen to the guy behind me. He sounds like Spicoli. And I always get a dancing head bopper in front of me. And a screamer nearby. Never fails. It's the price I pay when going to see a concert in LA

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Alfanosgirl] #916372
07/01/17 11:15 AM
07/01/17 11:15 AM
California

California
YouTube put the video I recorded of Hotel California by The Eagles back up!!! Yayy. Here it is. They'll probably take it down again in a week lol

See Glenn Frey?

https://youtu.be/g_wsJD-Kyjg

Listen to the guy behind me. He sounds like Spicoli. And I always get a dancing head bopper in front of me. And a screamer nearby. Never fails. It's the price I pay when going to see a concert in LA

Great A-Girl. When was this? I just loved the Eagles Concert (went twice). One of my all time favorite songs. smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/01/17 11:15 AM.

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #916376
07/01/17 02:55 PM
07/01/17 02:55 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Hi TIS, it was back in January 2014 at the Forum. They put in a new sound system, sounds AMAZING huh? My girlfriend and I try to go to at least one or two concerts a year.

Did you see the line-up for the OC Fair? There are some good singers &bands performing. I saw Peter Frampton there back in 1998. Do you like his music? He put on a great concert. He's performing this year with Steve Miller. Miller sounds horrible live. They should just have him lip sync lol Then I'd go see him. Another band that was really popular when I was a teenager was Violent Femmes. Same with Echo & The Bunnymen. They're playing. But I bet they sound even worse than Steve Miller, so I doubt I'll go see them.

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #916606
07/07/17 09:09 AM
07/07/17 09:09 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
This is only for our lovely ladies around here...enjoy...

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Toodoped] #916657
07/08/17 02:09 AM
07/08/17 02:09 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Very nice, Toodoped!!! Here's one for all the guys.

https://youtu.be/SGZqDzb__bw

And here's one for everyone. Ever hear this song?

Jay & The Americans- Cara Mia

https://youtu.be/0Jm4p_HCwKA

Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Alfanosgirl] #916696
07/08/17 06:44 PM
07/08/17 06:44 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Very nice, Toodoped!!! Here's one for all the guys.

https://youtu.be/SGZqDzb__bw

And here's one for everyone. Ever hear this song?

Jay & The Americans- Cara Mia

https://youtu.be/0Jm4p_HCwKA

Cool songs AG and thanks since both bring back the memories. The first one I used to hate so much when I was a kid mainly because all of rich retards, of my age, from around the hood used to sing it and by the end of the day someone from the less rich kids would've kicked their asses lol But now when you posed it, it brought back all of those good memories so thanks again smile

As for the second one, believe me or not, I clearly remember it since my mom used love that band

Here's somethin...again...comming from my summer romantic "collection" lol....enjoy...

...and of course the newer version...

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: What song are you listening to at the moment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #916734
07/09/17 02:20 PM
07/09/17 02:20 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Hey New Yorkers (or anyone).

I love Native New Yorker by Odyssey from 1977. Just heard it again.

In it though there's a lyric "dropped you off at E 33rd." What is the significance of that street if any?

Last edited by olivant; 07/09/17 02:21 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Page 29 of 636 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 635 636

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull