GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 292 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,202
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,519
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,390
Posts1,059,973
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? #908418
03/11/17 01:34 AM
03/11/17 01:34 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Why colombo didn't killed gallo first before he had killed him ? Like i heard that they had a sitdown and gallo demand 100k for peace, why the comission didn't killed him at the second he demand that from a boss!?

Last edited by MeyerLansky; 03/11/17 01:34 AM.
Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908421
03/11/17 04:35 AM
03/11/17 04:35 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Gallo get 10 y for extortion in 1961 and was in attica prison when colombo say to the commission that Magliocco & co try to kill gambino and the commission made him boss.
After gallo come out and started another war,colombo made too heat with the italian american league and Gambino used gallo ties to the blacks for kill colombo.
After used him gambino let the colombo men kill gallo in 1972.
At the end is the same story of greed,power and betrayl.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #908422
03/11/17 05:12 AM
03/11/17 05:12 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Gallo get 10 y for extortion in 1961 and was in attica prison when colombo say to the commission that Magliocco & co try to kill gambino and the commission made him boss.
After gallo come out and started another war,colombo made too heat with the italian american league and Gambino used gallo ties to the blacks for kill colombo.

Oh wow i didn't know gambino was involved that much, so at the end its just show how much smart was carlo gambino to do that.
Thanks furio !

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908424
03/11/17 06:36 AM
03/11/17 06:36 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky

Oh wow i didn't know gambino was involved that much, so at the end its just show how much smart was carlo gambino to do that.
Thanks furio !

Personally I think that Joe Gallo would be a better boss than Persico but Gallo maybe understand or maybe not,of was a Gambino's puppet; who know, if gallo would made a deal with gambino maybe should be the boss but prefered to be free and died for this.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #908427
03/11/17 06:50 AM
03/11/17 06:50 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss

Thanks furio !

Personally I think that Joe Gallo would be a better boss than Persico but Gallo maybe understand or maybe not,of was a Gambino's puppet; who know, if gallo would made a deal with gambino maybe should be the boss but prefered to be free and died for this.

He was a psycho right ?

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908429
03/11/17 07:05 AM
03/11/17 07:05 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Colombo was betting on the peace deal he made with Larry Gallo, pretty much it was "I am the new boss. I won't demand that much from you, only the monthly tribute. You end this war, and I will make you a Capo, with RH being your territory and there will be no retaliation on your people as long as there is none on the others. I want this to be one big happy Bogota." That is not what was actually said, but it sums up how it went down.

Joe got out of prison, however he hanged around celebrities and musicians, along with his old crew. So Joe was not that much in LCN affairs, but still had his fingers here and there. His antics and being in the public eye was hurting Colombos and Italian American League image. Colombo sent for Gallo about it, and at that meeting, Colombo gave Gallo a thousand dollars as a late get out of prison gift. Gallo refused it and said he deserved more. Colombo dismissed Gallo, and Joe started to go after card games, dice games, legitimate businesses, and whatever else Colombo people had going. Colombo did not fear Gallo would kill him as even though Joe Gallo was not at the peace agreement, Albert Gallo was, and if Joe made a move on Colombo, Albert, Punchy, and John would have been killed as they were part of the peace agreement.

Joe Gallo is often said to be behind the assassination attempt on Colombo, but it was actually Tony Abbatemarco, son of Frank Abbatemarco,.who had many stones to grind with both Colombo and Gallo.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #908431
03/11/17 07:21 AM
03/11/17 07:21 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Colombo was betting on the peace deal he made with Larry Gallo, pretty much it was "I am the new boss. I won't demand that much from you, only the monthly tribute. You end this war, and I will make you a Capo, with RH being your territory and there will be no retaliation on your people as long as there is none on the others. I want this to be one big happy Bogota." That is not what was actually said, but it sums up how it went down.

Joe got out of prison, however he hanged around celebrities and musicians, along with his old crew. So Joe was not that much in LCN affairs, but still had his fingers here and there. His antics and being in the public eye was hurting Colombos and Italian American League image. Colombo sent for Gallo about it, and at that meeting, Colombo gave Gallo a thousand dollars as a late get out of prison gift. Gallo refused it and said he deserved more. Colombo dismissed Gallo, and Joe started to go after card games, dice games, legitimate businesses, and whatever else Colombo people had going. Colombo did not fear Gallo would kill him as even though Joe Gallo was not at the peace agreement, Albert Gallo was, and if Joe made a move on Colombo, Albert, Punchy, and John would have been killed as they were part of the peace agreement.

Joe Gallo is often said to be behind the assassination attempt on Colombo, but it was actually Tony Abbatemarco, son of Frank Abbatemarco,.who had many stones to grind with both Colombo and Gallo.

So if tony was behind the colombo assassination so why was gallo killed a year later ?

Last edited by MeyerLansky; 03/11/17 07:21 AM.
Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908436
03/11/17 11:57 AM
03/11/17 11:57 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

So if tony was behind the colombo assassination so why was gallo killed a year later ?

Gallo was friend of nicky Barnes that helped him to find a black idiot that think that he will kill a mafia boss for 100K and survive. Gallo was killed become continue to fight against the colombo family and was so stupid to celebrate his birthday in little italy ! Come on you're at war and go to in little italy (that was the mob neighborhood not a joke like now) anyway with gallo dead and the books open the last gallo crew members Basciano and Cutrone continue to fight and was killed in 1975.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #908484
03/11/17 11:08 PM
03/11/17 11:08 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
So who from the gallo crew moved to the genovese family ?
Like i understand the gallo crew transfer from the colombo to the genovese family.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908490
03/12/17 05:05 AM
03/12/17 05:05 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Like i understand the gallo crew transfer from the colombo to the genovese family.

Not all crew members moved to the genoveses.Albert gallo and Illiano had ties with Gigante, Amuso went to the Lucchese maybe because was friend of casso that was Furnari protegè,Basciano and Cutrone remained with the colombo and Nicky bianco went with patriarcas.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #908491
03/12/17 05:17 AM
03/12/17 05:17 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss

Not all crew members moved to the genoveses.Albert gallo and Illiano had ties with Gigante, Amuso went to the Lucchese maybe because was friend of casso that was Furnari protegè,Basciano and Cutrone remained with the colombo and Nicky bianco went with patriarcas.

Ohh ok well thanks again furio ! smile

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908493
03/12/17 06:37 AM
03/12/17 06:37 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Here the complete gallo members list,I find nothing on the last name

http://gangsterreport.com/3990/

Joe Gallo – murdered in 1972 by Colombo gunmen
Albert "Kid Blast" Gallo – transferred to Genovese family in 1975
Larry Gallo – died of cancer in 1968
Frank "Punchy" Illiano – transferred to Genovese family in 1975
Nicholas Bianco – transferred to Patriarca family in 1963, died of natural causes in 1994
Vic Amuso – transferred to Lucchese family, serving life in prison
Joseph "Joe Pesh" Luparelli – entered witness protection program in 1972, current location unknown
Joe Gioelli – murdered in 1961 by Profaci gunmen
Carmine "the Snake" Persico – Colombo family boss, serving life in prison
John Cutrone – led breakaway faction from Gallo crew, murdered in 1976 by unknown gunmen
Gerry Basciano – seceded from Gallo crew, murdered in 1976 by unknown gunmen
Steve Cirrilo – murdered in 1974 by Cutrone gunmen
Joseph Cardiello – defected to Profaci, murdered by Gallo gunmen on December 10, 1963
Louis Mariani – murdered by Profaci gunmen on December 10, 1963
Leonard "Big Lenny"Dello (1927-2009) remained with Colombos
John Commarato (1924-) remained with Colombos
Alfonso Serantonio
Joseph Yancone
Eugene LaGana
Frank Balzano
Sergio "SergForce" Gallo

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #908494
03/12/17 07:00 AM
03/12/17 07:00 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss

Nicholas Bianco – transferred to Patriarca family in 1963, died of natural causes in 1994
Joseph "Joe Pesh" Luparelli – entered witness protection program in 1972, current location unknown
John Cutrone – led breakaway faction from Gallo crew, murdered in 1976 by unknown gunmen
Joseph Cardiello – defected to Profaci, murdered by Gallo gunmen on December 10, 1963
Alfonso Serantonio
Joseph Yancone
Eugene LaGana
Frank Balzano
Sergio "SergForce" Gallo

They are all soldiers or associates and soldiers in the that list ?

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908495
03/12/17 08:27 AM
03/12/17 08:27 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The list is of soldiers and associates. Tony was a lot more smarter than Joe Gallo, Larry Gallo was the smart brother. Everyone thought Joe Gallo was behind it.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908496
03/12/17 08:29 AM
03/12/17 08:29 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy

Alfonso Serantonio
Joseph Yancone
Eugene LaGana
Frank Balzano
Sergio "SergForce" Gallo

They are all soldiers or associates and soldiers in the that list ?

Apart gallo brothers there was all associates.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908498
03/12/17 09:25 AM
03/12/17 09:25 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
So consider it as a crew of a soldier it pretty big, even demeo didn't had that much of an known associates.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #908502
03/12/17 11:57 AM
03/12/17 11:57 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
you can add sal mangiamelli, steve boriello and his brother bob, what frank shots

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908510
03/12/17 02:43 PM
03/12/17 02:43 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Abby Shots. Frank DiMatteo, his father Ricky, whom ended up being inducted into the DeCavs. Bobby "Roy Roy" Darrow, etc. There's a couple more that weren't included on that list.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908512
03/12/17 04:01 PM
03/12/17 04:01 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

This guy anthony colombo who died recently praises larry gallo in his book shows a few pics of him in there. Guess he was a his wedding dying of cancer but there anyway. Book was ok but he downplays his fathers role n his and the whole aspect of the mafia in nyc. So thats a problem.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908514
03/12/17 04:03 PM
03/12/17 04:03 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Did tommy ryan surport the gallos to revolt against colombo. Cause there was no love between ryan n gambino. Surprised ryan didnt see what ever trap gambino set when he got whacked in 1974 or when he did. Think gambinos final play in his life was to leave earth after tommy ryan was killed.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908515
03/12/17 04:06 PM
03/12/17 04:06 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I dont want to get off the subject i was reading them mary farrel files things the other day tommy ryan even supported joe bonanno. He thought the familys should stay out of there business. Gambino wanted him gone.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908516
03/12/17 04:23 PM
03/12/17 04:23 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
I don't understand why the Abbatemarco' son doesn't choose the gallo side. Damn Profaci ordered to kill his father.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 03/12/17 04:24 PM.
Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #908524
03/12/17 06:14 PM
03/12/17 06:14 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
I don't understand why the Abbatemarco' son doesn't choose the gallo side. Damn Profaci ordered to kill his father.

Joe Profaci ordered it, but it was the Gallo brothers that carried it out, allegedly Joe Gioelli was the triggerman.
The only made members in the Gallo crew were
Larry Gallo
Joe Gallo
Joe Gioelli
John Cutrone

There other members included Tony Abbatemarco, but they were transferred once Frank Shots was murdered, or switched to a different crew before the start of the Gallo war.
Joe Gioelli and John Cutrone were made in 1957. Joe Gioelli were the Gallo brothers muscle. There were a lot of associates, who would later be made in the Colombo and other Families when the books would opened up. The Persico brothers were made but switched during the war, Tony Abbatemarco was with the Gallo brothers during the first Gallo war, but did not join them the second time, but started the second war.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: pmac] #908529
03/12/17 07:04 PM
03/12/17 07:04 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
Did tommy ryan surport the gallos to revolt against colombo. Cause there was no love between ryan n gambino. Surprised ryan didnt see what ever trap gambino set when he got whacked in 1974 or when he did. Think gambinos final play in his life was to leave earth after tommy ryan was killed.

Would be interesting to know, since Tony Bender was a part of the Gallos efforts against Joe Profaci, including being a part of the initial plotting of the kidnapping scheme the Gallos carried out on Profaci capos and admininstration.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: bronx] #908561
03/13/17 08:43 AM
03/13/17 08:43 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: bronx
you can add sal mangiamelli, steve boriello and his brother bob, what frank shots

Quote:
Abby Shots. Frank DiMatteo, his father Ricky, whom ended up being inducted into the DeCavs. Bobby "Roy Roy" Darrow, etc. There's a couple more that weren't included on that list.

I searched what happened to the other gallo crew members:

Mangiamelli-Salvatore Lefty 1929- colombos
Bartholomew "Bobby" Boriello (March 31, 1944 - April 13, 1991) gambino
Steven Borriello gambino associate ???
Frank DiMatteo,left the life and wrote the book The President Street Boys - Growing Up Mafia ...
Ricky “Silverfox” DiMatteo,a contract hitmen who worked for multiple crime families, who survived to retire a life after the ‘business’.
Bobby “Bobby Darrow” Bongiovi b.1936 colombo soldier get life in 1973
Rosario "Roy Roy" Musico
Preston Gaietano ???

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/puparo-presents-the-roaring-5

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908581
03/13/17 12:40 PM
03/13/17 12:40 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Well theres basicllay nothing left from the gallo crew...

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908583
03/13/17 01:39 PM
03/13/17 01:39 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Well theres basicllay nothing left from the gallo crew...

Joey died in 1972 after 45 y its normal that who survived the mob wars is very old.the next will be Albert and after carmine the snake.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908589
03/13/17 03:22 PM
03/13/17 03:22 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Ricky DiMatteo supposedly was inducted into the DeCalvacante Crime Family, much later on down the line. And there's a photo of him holding court with Anthony Rotundo, so there could be some credence to that.

Re: Why joe colombo didn't killed gallo first ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #908773
03/16/17 11:39 AM
03/16/17 11:39 AM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
I thought when joey got out of jail and was told Columbo reneged on all the deals made to end the wR, Joey declared a second war? All bets off?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull