GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, Irishman12), 263 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,332
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 110 of 156 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 155 156
Re: Rare photos [Re: SinatraClub] #905259
01/22/17 05:37 PM
01/22/17 05:37 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
that's been a theory stated on many mob docs and articles.

Hmm. Then why did you ask me where I read it, as if it were the first you'd heard of it?

Because like I've been saying the whole time, the creator of the show David Chase never stated that The Sopranos were based on anyone specific or let along a specific family. The most he said was during a piece for the Godfather Remastered Edition which came out in '08. He's in one of the extra clips, and they're talking about The Godfather and the things they influenced, which is almost everything, and the subject of the Sopranos is brought up and Chase says "This is based on the people I've seen as a kid"...That vague statement was all he said as far as the Sopranos being based on actual people.

People draw similarities, and come to the conclusion that it was based on The Decav's, and many mob docs and news articles make this mistake and use their own comparisons as fact. But factually, the creator never stated that they were based on any specific family or person. Thats what I meant by where'd you read that. I thought you'd actually had an article or proof of David Chase actually saying his show, The Sopranos were based on the DeCalvacantes. But he's never said that. The members being recorded saying the show was based on them, doesn't prove anything either, they had nothing to do with the creation of the show, and you know mob guys and their ego, especially those idiots who were operating during Vincent Palermo's time as acting boss. Again, we can save this for another thread.

Hey guys, finally got a date for that photo, it was taken in the late 90's. But on the subject of Accardo, he's actually featured in that Dave S "mob talks" piece, recorded standing on a stoop talking with Borgesi, Michael Lancelotti & a Dave Salvo.

Giacomo Amari - acting boss, stomach cancer.

Jackie Aprile - acting boss, stomach cancer.

Charles Majuri - felt he deserved to be boss, tried to kill Vinny Palermo for having to be part of ruling panel instead

Junior Soprano - felt he deserved to be boss, tried to kill Tony Soprano for usurping him.

Are you really denying this obvious connection between the DeCavalcante situation in the '90s and season 1 of the Sopranos? I think you just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 01/22/17 05:39 PM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #905281
01/22/17 10:52 PM
01/22/17 10:52 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Here you go Oak. Accardo indoors.

Attached Files 0d5641265313a1c35fbbe30f38c5c311.jpga6ff4378648d0ba954a9b477f9c6dbcc.jpg
Re: Rare photos [Re: OakAsFan] #905300
01/23/17 12:19 PM
01/23/17 12:19 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
that's been a theory stated on many mob docs and articles.

Hmm. Then why did you ask me where I read it, as if it were the first you'd heard of it?

Because like I've been saying the whole time, the creator of the show David Chase never stated that The Sopranos were based on anyone specific or let along a specific family. The most he said was during a piece for the Godfather Remastered Edition which came out in '08. He's in one of the extra clips, and they're talking about The Godfather and the things they influenced, which is almost everything, and the subject of the Sopranos is brought up and Chase says "This is based on the people I've seen as a kid"...That vague statement was all he said as far as the Sopranos being based on actual people.

People draw similarities, and come to the conclusion that it was based on The Decav's, and many mob docs and news articles make this mistake and use their own comparisons as fact. But factually, the creator never stated that they were based on any specific family or person. Thats what I meant by where'd you read that. I thought you'd actually had an article or proof of David Chase actually saying his show, The Sopranos were based on the DeCalvacantes. But he's never said that. The members being recorded saying the show was based on them, doesn't prove anything either, they had nothing to do with the creation of the show, and you know mob guys and their ego, especially those idiots who were operating during Vincent Palermo's time as acting boss. Again, we can save this for another thread.

Hey guys, finally got a date for that photo, it was taken in the late 90's. But on the subject of Accardo, he's actually featured in that Dave S "mob talks" piece, recorded standing on a stoop talking with Borgesi, Michael Lancelotti & a Dave Salvo.

Giacomo Amari - acting boss, stomach cancer.

Jackie Aprile - acting boss, stomach cancer.

Charles Majuri - felt he deserved to be boss, tried to kill Vinny Palermo for having to be part of ruling panel instead

Junior Soprano - felt he deserved to be boss, tried to kill Tony Soprano for usurping him.

Are you really denying this obvious connection between the DeCavalcante situation in the '90s and season 1 of the Sopranos? I think you just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Maybe you didn't see Yates post where he also pointed out that Junior Soprano wasn't based on Charles Majuri, but Joe Giaccobe? Maybe not.

But like I've been saying this entire time, you can continue to debate with yourself if you want to. But again, David Chase, the creator of the show, NEVER said that Soprano's were based on any specific real life gangster or crime family.

Re: Rare photos [Re: SinatraClub] #905304
01/23/17 12:53 PM
01/23/17 12:53 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
But again, David Chase, the creator of the show, NEVER said that Soprano's were based on any specific real life gangster or crime family.
Exactly...They took bits and pieces from the different crime families that operated out of the state, primarily the Luc. Gen. Gam. & DeCav's.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #905334
01/23/17 07:01 PM
01/23/17 07:01 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Sinatra, all I'm saying is that if you don't see the obvious connection between fictional Jackie Aprile and real life Giacomo Amnari both having stomach cancer while acting boss, fictional Junior Soprano and real life Charles Majuri being upset that they weren't named boss, fictional Junior Soprano trying to kill Tony Soprano over the boss dispute and real life Charles Majuri trying to kill Vinny Palermo over the boss dispute, you either have your head in the sand, or you just like to argue.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #905349
01/23/17 10:29 PM
01/23/17 10:29 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
You're gonna disregard the fact that Joe Giacobbe seemed to have a lot more similarities to the fictional Junior Soprano?

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #905354
01/23/17 11:14 PM
01/23/17 11:14 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'm pointing out that the story line in season 1 between Junior and Tony mimics the situation between Majuri and Vinny Ocean in too many ways for it to just be coincidence.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #905742
01/28/17 02:26 PM
01/28/17 02:26 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Michael Ciancaglini

Carmine Galante

Tony Corallo

Vito Rizzuto

John "Boobie" Cerasani

John Capra

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #905754
01/28/17 09:17 PM
01/28/17 09:17 PM
D
dave213 Offline
Button
dave213  Offline
D
Button
John "Boobie" Cerasani (left), with attorney.

Vincent "Vinny" Asaro

Michael Mancuso

Re: Rare photos [Re: njcapo35] #906581
02/11/17 09:02 PM
02/11/17 09:02 PM
CT
Massimo Offline
Wiseguy
Massimo  Offline
Wiseguy
CT
nice! where did u get??

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #906611
02/12/17 01:09 PM
02/12/17 01:09 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

William "Action" Jackson in the morgue.

Joseph "Clown" Lombardo (r) and "Legs" D'Antonio (l)

"Legs" D'Antonio

Ralph "Wigs" Galione

Tony Spilotro at baptism

Tony Spilotro

Sammy "Bull" Gravano

Ignoffo; Inendino, Infelise

J. Di Fronzo; P. Di Fronzo; Forliano

Cimino; Cortina; Cozzo

Salvatore Vitale

Alfred De Congilio (Gambino)

Frank Coppa Jr.

Henry Hill and Jimmy Burke

Anthony Nicodemo

Gary Battaglini (Philly)

Ralph Staino and Bobby Simone

John Gotti Jr.

Domenico Cefalu

Frank De Cicco

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #906618
02/12/17 01:57 PM
02/12/17 01:57 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Joseph "Piney" Armone

Edward "Danny" Grillo (De Meo Crew)

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #906626
02/12/17 05:14 PM
02/12/17 05:14 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Damn Nicodemo's wife is smoking hot! I know I've said that before but who's counting?!

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #906688
02/13/17 09:14 PM
02/13/17 09:14 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Yep. Hes sad in his cell jerking off crying knowing shes probaly banging one of his friends. Cool pics.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #906689
02/13/17 09:15 PM
02/13/17 09:15 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

That pic of a young joe armone think he was sampling the product back in those days 50tys 60tys.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #906691
02/13/17 10:32 PM
02/13/17 10:32 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Funny to piney armone did like 15 yrs in prison for herion think i read he was released in the early 70tys around when galante was he got rite back into carlo or pauls castellanos good graces maybe his brother was the guy who shot albert anna.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #906798
02/15/17 02:53 PM
02/15/17 02:53 PM
U
UncleVig Offline
Button
UncleVig  Offline
U
Button
Anyone have pics of Petey or Charley Beck? Or any of the other DiPalermo Bros.? They were notorious Babania movers from the Lower East Side NYC.
I think they were related to Raffy the owner of Rays Pizza

Re: Rare photos [Re: Moe_Tilden] #906844
02/15/17 11:27 PM
02/15/17 11:27 PM
U
UncleVig Offline
Button
UncleVig  Offline
U
Button
I read that piney was so old schoolhis mobspeak was a shakesperian version of talking the life and in procedures at sit downs settling beefs he was like a cosa nostra Roberts Rules of Order. It is sad with all the FED assaults a culture was lost.

Re: Rare photos [Re: yatescj7] #907109
02/20/17 04:30 PM
02/20/17 04:30 PM
U
UncleVig Offline
Button
UncleVig  Offline
U
Button
Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Yeah they just look fuckin stupid , I told Ava d'arco your dad was a informant , why do u keep saying he was a man of honor . She didn't reply and blocked me

She shouldn't go as far as saying her pops was a "Man of Honor" There has been some debate as to whether d'Arco is a rat. Casso and Amuso were killing stand up guys out of paranoia, changing the rules of the game daily. There was an attempt to try to take out Casso but failed. When you live your whole life by a set of rules that are understood among men in the life then two friggin paranoid fucks change them what are you supposed to do? (Like I said they couldn't take out Casso) Your pals are all getting clipped you are next...

Linda Scarpa she's a disgrace so is her mother Shiro and Karen Gravano is disgusting but as for the d'Arco daughter she really does have a good argument cuz her pops would have died a stand up guy if it weren't for friggin Casso changing the rules of the game

That is a bullshit argument. Plenty of wiseguys have been in the same boat of their Boss wants to whack them. For instance, Sonny Black Napolitano knew he was marked for death, he also knew he fucked up. He could've ratted and said he "had no way out", but he was a stand up guy. He knew the life and knew the consequences and he went like a man. On the other side for example was John Gotti. He knew Paul wanted him dead, was going to take out junk dealers. Did he rat because he was marked for death? No he took gathered support and took out the Boss. It wasn't a cut and dry situation either. If they fucked up the hit on Paul, their whole crew was gonna get whacked. So to hear a guy say, the Bosses were gonna whack me I had no other choice is bullshit. You have several choices. #1 go when your called and take the death like a man. It's what you signed up for when you got in the life. #2 take out the Boss for a self defense measure, several guys have done that and gotten away with it. #3 go on the run into hiding with your ill gotten gains and wait it out, pray they don't find you but if you do defend yourself. Too many guys are weak and create option #4 be a rat and go to the government because you're scared to get killed or do time. And #4 is bs. All those guys knew what they signed up for. It was always prison, death, or a long life making easy money and die of old age. They created #4 because they were weak.

Casso IS a Homicidal maniac, D Arco was about making money and not about Killing. Did he leave some facts out? maybe. Casso and Amuso were greedy bastards, they wanted to take out anyone that may challenge them and they wanted to not only get the upkick they wanted everyone elses money too. After they wacked all those guys they started whispering that D Arco was doing unsanctioned hits., this way they could clean up any loose ends by blaming him. Real Men of honor dont do what Casso and Amuso did. Al played by the rules. Casso enjoyed killing. Lots of guys talk tough but see how you feel when someone is gonna send an army of killers after you and your family.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #907111
02/20/17 05:00 PM
02/20/17 05:00 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Wait, wait, wait.

Wasn't Al D'Arco's son one of the guys who tried to take out Fat Pete Chiodo?

Wasn't Al D'Arco's son in the hit team that was sent to CA to take out Anthony Di Lapi?

It's funny how Al and Joseph didn't start acquiring morals then. What was the justification for whacking Chiodo or Di Lapi?

D'Arco sold drugs and his son got hooked on them. He was a thief who stole from Casso and Amuso.

He's a complete and utter lowlife and I don't buy his reasons for ratting.

It's self preservation.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Moe_Tilden] #907112
02/20/17 05:17 PM
02/20/17 05:17 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
agree.Moe

Re: Rare photos [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #907114
02/20/17 06:05 PM
02/20/17 06:05 PM
U
UncleVig Offline
Button
UncleVig  Offline
U
Button
Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
Joe Dogs is STILL alive?

ALSO:

How the heck is Benny Eggs still alive? Not only does he look 90 in photos from 30 years ago but, he always seemed to be 100lbs. overweight. I know he is stll alive but does anyone know if he is still very overweight?

Joe Dogs has been dead a few years, funnt cuz I saw his obit in the NY Post.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Moe_Tilden] #907140
02/21/17 02:14 PM
02/21/17 02:14 PM
U
UncleVig Offline
Button
UncleVig  Offline
U
Button
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Wait, wait, wait.

Wasn't Al D'Arco's son one of the guys who tried to take out Fat Pete Chiodo?

Wasn't Al D'Arco's son in the hit team that was sent to CA to take out Anthony Di Lapi?

It's funny how Al and Joseph didn't start acquiring morals then. What was the justification for whacking Chiodo or Di Lapi?

D'Arco sold drugs and his son got hooked on them. He was a thief who stole from Casso and Amuso.

He's a complete and utter lowlife and I don't buy his reasons for ratting.

It's self preservation.

Yes Joey D Arco Killed Di Lapi on orders from his dad that came from Amuso n Gas, D arco sold dope never tried to hide it got pinched and did his time for it and so what if he did? D arco did not initiate any of the murders. Gaspipe was the guy that buries a weed smuggler alive just as an insurance policy. Casso an Amuso are scummbags. If you have proof of D arco stealing from the family please share it. D arco did not turn for moral reasons he turned to save his life and his sons and families.
I dont know d arco besides seeing him around in Little Italy and never knew who he was with or cared. By the way his son got hookes from heroin fronted to him through Casso and amuso while D Arco was in prison. Back in the 80s lots of people sold dope so what? The only guy I know of that stayed away from dope their whole sordid career was Scarfo.
When shit gets real and people looking to kill you you do what you have to do to survive. By the way D arco never claimmed to turn for moral reasons his reasons were he never stole from the bosses, did what they told him to do than they put a rat jacket on him when they found amuso.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #907166
02/21/17 10:14 PM
02/21/17 10:14 PM
U
UncleVig Offline
Button
UncleVig  Offline
U
Button
I'm sorry I didn't answer your question fully, casso and amusso knew that Chiodo was going to be a codefendent in the windows trial , also they told chiodo to kill some Irish Union guy from the same case, now they were linked in the windows and had a body with it. They said chiodo was fat and weak and would rat. The REAL truth was Chiodo owned the property in dyker hts the old 19th hole, christy tic firmaría joint it was now worth 670,000.00 And they wanted fat Pete to sign over the property.
DiLapi was on the run from gas pipe and Vic's murder spree cuz they wanted to kill him and take over his garment businesses. Those two greedy fucks wanted all of everyone's stuff.
D Arco was acting boss but could not sanction a hit without Vic and gas green lighting it. Gas and Vic set it up to make it look like Al was hatchet man which in a sense he was, but all jobs came from gas and Vic while they were in the wind from the Windows case.

Re: Rare photos [Re: UncleVig] #907168
02/21/17 10:23 PM
02/21/17 10:23 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
fat pete was supposed to kill joe martinelli, he said the gun jammed

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #907200
02/22/17 11:32 AM
02/22/17 11:32 AM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo
Recent photos of Charlie White Iannece and Philip Narducci

Attached Files image.jpgimage.jpg
Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #907209
02/22/17 12:39 PM
02/22/17 12:39 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Great photo of Charlie White. He looks to be in better shape physically than he did during his knockaround days running around with Nicky Crow.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #907281
02/22/17 10:30 PM
02/22/17 10:30 PM
A
Aces Offline
BANNED
Aces  Offline
BANNED
A
Capo
Damn, Iannece looks fantastic. When did he get released?

Re: Rare photos [Re: Binnie_Coll] #907293
02/23/17 03:31 AM
02/23/17 03:31 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
How do you know that had the Castellano attempt failed, and Castellano recruited the majority of the Gambino family to seek retribution against Gotti and his guys, how do any of us know that Gotti wouldn't of flipped if given a chance? I don't think "he was a stand up guy all his life" is a good explanation, because Gravano was a stand up guy all his life and still flipped when given the opportunity.

I side with you on this one, I'm not sure gotti would not have ratted, if I were in the life he would be the last guy I would have trusted. he did his guys wrong by telling them not to plea bargain, and a few got some time, just listening to him. a good boss would have let them plea bargain.
both of you don't get it then. Gravano never spent time in jail, he was out for himself and an opportunists. Gotti's ego was so big he would take a death penalty sentence before he ever buckled under the Feds. Scarfo was the same. When you realize the difference between Scarfo/Gotti with people like Gravano/Leonetti maybe then you will get it.

Re: Rare photos [Re: Strax] #907336
02/23/17 03:26 PM
02/23/17 03:26 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
see i can agree with you on this Yates, you can add vic and gas divide ..gotti proved he never would have ratted..he died suffering... scarfo was a gas pipe that did not rat..that's another story as we all know.but we are talking about their true to code mentality never rat under any condition or reasons

Page 110 of 156 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 155 156

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull