GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (CleanBandit), 258 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,898
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made #904401
01/12/17 08:38 AM
01/12/17 08:38 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
I read on gangsterreport.com that Jeff Riddle a black thug and Lenny Strollo associate wanted to be made in the mafia lol

http://gangsterreport.com/one-time-youngstown-mafia-henchman-returned-behind-bars/

At some point in the early 1990s following his taking the reins of the Youngstown crew, Strollo began partnering in gambling, loan sharking and drug operations with members of the city’s black underworld, expanding the area Italian mob’s reach past cultural borders it had never traveled. This decision to venture into the African-American rackets brought him in contact with Riddle and subsequently Wilkins, Riddle’s main muscle on the street.

Strollo used confidant and veteran racketeer Bernard (Bernie the Jew) Altschuler as his liaison with the black gangland scene and became close with Riddle, who boasted that he was going to become the first black man ever inducted into the American mafia (LCN). When Strollo decided that Biondillo had to be executed, he tapped Altschuler and Riddle for the job. Riddle in turn contracted the work out to Wilkins, Blair and Turnage, his nephew.

http://gangsterreport.com/the-hit-list-pittsburgh/

The hit was carried out by black gangster Jeff Riddle, a Strollo strong arm that wished to become the first African-American LCN inductee.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904405
01/12/17 11:14 AM
01/12/17 11:14 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Furio's knowledge of Youngstown/Pittsburgh never ceases to amaze me.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904406
01/12/17 11:19 AM
01/12/17 11:19 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
1. That's a Racketeer not a thug.
2. Where's Riddle pictures?
3. Cool Article.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904411
01/12/17 12:08 PM
01/12/17 12:08 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

They could've made the guy but then other guys would have just accused them of affirmative action.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #904419
01/12/17 02:22 PM
01/12/17 02:22 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: Friend_of_Henry
Furio's knowledge of Youngstown/Pittsburgh never ceases to amaze me.

FOH, you can't amaze of a thing that is equal to zero. Youngstown/Pittsburgh is your competence,I simply read these two articles and I found funny that a black boasted or wanted to be made in Cosa Nostra (the joe bravo case in montreal is an example).
I don't know why you're hitting me, of course I wrote some shit, but was long time ago.

Quote:
1. That's a Racketeer not a thug.
2. Where's Riddle pictures?
3. Cool Article

Sorry I can't find the photo,anyway:

http://gangsterreport.com/top-5-black-associates-italian-mafia/

Jeff Riddle – The self-declared “Black John Gotti of the Ohio underworld”, Riddle became a trusted lieutenant of Youngstown mafia leader Lenny Strollo in the late 1980s and 1990s. Strollo was the Pittsburgh mob’s crew chief in Ohio and Riddle openly told people that despite his African-American heritage, he was on his way to being “made” into La Cosa Nostra (the American mafia). Riddle ran gambling and shakedown rackets on behalf of Strollo and helped him carry out murder contracts. In 1996, Riddle helped plan the assassination of Strollo’s mob rival, Ernest (Big Ernie) Biondillo and the botched assassination of Youngstown prosecutor Paul Gains. He was convicted of racketeering and murder at trial in 1999 and died of cancer in prison in 2012.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904423
01/12/17 03:14 PM
01/12/17 03:14 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Yeah, I read that top 5 before.

I friend asked me isn't it discriminatory to based recruitment exclusively on a ethnic background in regards to only crime groups, He had me abit stumped. What do you & anyone else opinion on it?

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: BlackFamily] #904425
01/12/17 03:37 PM
01/12/17 03:37 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily

I friend asked me isn't it discriminatory to based recruitment exclusively on a ethnic background in regards to only crime groups, He had me abit stumped. What do you & anyone else opinion on it?

If don't speak of oc groups, for me to recruiting for organizations like rotary in this case,you must look the people not his skin color.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904429
01/12/17 04:23 PM
01/12/17 04:23 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
They were on an episode of City Confidential some years back...They were a joke !!

Youngstown: Mob Hits and Misses

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904452
01/12/17 10:34 PM
01/12/17 10:34 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Riddles hope of being made wasn't exactly unfounded. Strollo supposedly promised him he'd make him himself if the murder was carried out to expertise. He was probably just selling him hot-air, just saying though. And you laugh and call them "thugs" and a joke and all these other things, but the fact is, the black guys and the jew were the only ones involved in the case whom didn't flip and are still serving their time, if they aren't dead. The big, bad mafioso, flipped the first chance he got.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/12/17 10:36 PM.
Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904507
01/13/17 11:01 AM
01/13/17 11:01 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Sinatra - FWIW: For all the years I knew Bernie he wanted to be made more than anything else in the world. His life-long friend, Lenny, told him that if he made his "bones" wackin' Ernie that he would make him. If anyone told Jeff he would be made, it would have been Bernie who was paid $35k for the hit.

Ernie was told by the FBI that he was in danger. Ernie was also told by a high ranking Pittsburgh associate that if he didn't pull his poker machines out of the joints in Hillsville that bad things would happen. Ernie actually worked with Bernie at The All American Club for years and was really a "stand-up guy".

Keep in mind that Bernie recruited the Black drug dealers when he realized there wasn't enough Greek bridge painters to keep feeding The All American Club.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: BlackFamily] #904509
01/13/17 11:10 AM
01/13/17 11:10 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss

In this day and age, it's actually pretty stupid to keep holding on to those rules, because you accept guys based on ethnicity and not on capabilities. Plus it would really mess with law enforcement in that they would never expect an Irishman or a black guy as a made member or capo even. It would fuck with their head even more than the front boss scheme from the Genoveses in the 70's/80's.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: SinatraClub] #904512
01/13/17 12:10 PM
01/13/17 12:10 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Riddles hope of being made wasn't exactly unfounded. Strollo supposedly promised him he'd make him himself if the murder was carried out to expertise. He was probably just selling him hot-air, just saying though. And you laugh and call them "thugs" and a joke and all these other things, but the fact is, the black guys and the jew were the only ones involved in the case whom didn't flip and are still serving their time, if they aren't dead. The big, bad mafioso, flipped the first chance he got.

This don't mean nothing. There was and there are mobster that get 20 to life and dont flip and black guys that flips other wise there are more blacks in the jail that mobsters so a black thug could find more protection by his fellow that a mobster and the mobsters must pay the protection by the other white prison gangs.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: BillyBrizzi] #904513
01/13/17 12:12 PM
01/13/17 12:12 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

In this day and age, it's actually pretty stupid to keep holding on to those rules, because you accept guys based on ethnicity and not on capabilities. Plus it would really mess with law enforcement in that they would never expect an Irishman or a black guy as a made member or capo even. It would fuck with their head even more than the front boss scheme from the Genoveses in the 70's/80's.

I think that if a meticcio was italian on the father side could be made.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904518
01/13/17 01:24 PM
01/13/17 01:24 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Not just Italian OC , What's the point of exclusively recruiting from 1 ethnicity predominantly?

- African Proverb
Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904524
01/13/17 04:41 PM
01/13/17 04:41 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

This don't mean nothing. There was and there are mobster that get 20 to life and dont flip and black guys that flips other wise there are more blacks in the jail that mobsters so a black thug could find more protection by his fellow that a mobster and the mobsters must pay the protection by the other white prison gangs.

actually it does mean something

the blacks and Jews held it down, the Italians snitched on each other

no variables in this equation

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: cookcounty] #904528
01/13/17 04:54 PM
01/13/17 04:54 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

Sad, but true!

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904565
01/14/17 01:25 AM
01/14/17 01:25 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It's hard enough to maintain the integrity of any group, criminal or not, without admitting to the group's ranks those who don't share a core value(?) such as some paisan share.

By the way Furio, have you seen the Godfather? I ask because I have an Italian language question.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: olivant] #904574
01/14/17 06:08 AM
01/14/17 06:08 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: olivant
It's hard enough to maintain the integrity of any group, criminal or not, without admitting to the group's ranks those who don't share a core value(?) such as some paisan share.

By the way Furio, have you seen the Godfather? I ask because I have an Italian language question.

I send you a PM.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904590
01/14/17 11:43 AM
01/14/17 11:43 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

As mentioned by cookcounty & FOH, it means something whether you'd like to acknowledge it or not.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: cookcounty] #904599
01/14/17 02:40 PM
01/14/17 02:40 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

Well the blacks couldnt keep there mouths shut about it and some broad called them in out of spite so if u think about they only have them selfs to blame. As soon as the hit was botched Lenny should of had Riddle and company whacked

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904601
01/14/17 03:17 PM
01/14/17 03:17 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Maybe it's best that I don't comment any further. I personally knew all those involved and it would be most difficult for me not to be bias. Just imagine someone that you grew up with giving you up. You go to jail for life and he gets to keep his millions and live like a king? You tell me!

Last edited by Friend_of_Henry; 01/14/17 08:17 PM.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: strococs] #904623
01/14/17 09:26 PM
01/14/17 09:26 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: strococs

Well the blacks couldnt keep there mouths shut about it and some broad called them in out of spite so if u think about they only have them selfs to blame. As soon as the hit was botched Lenny should of had Riddle and company whacked

I don't know about you, but where I'm from, the underworld criminals look down more on snitching or testifying, and giving up your accomplices, just because you can't handle the prison time more than they do for guys talking amongst each other about crime they committed and getting arrested for it when someone overhears and reports you. They consider those types just dumb criminals, stupid idiots who should've never said anything in the street. But in the end, when those individuals keep their mouths shut within the legal system, and take their time, and doesn't rat out their friends, that overwrites what they did to be caught in the first place. When you testify, to save your ass, you're simply a no-good rat bastard, and there's no coming back from that.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: SinatraClub] #904625
01/14/17 10:16 PM
01/14/17 10:16 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss

I don't know about you, but where I'm from, the underworld criminals look down more on snitching or testifying, and giving up your accomplices, just because you can't handle the prison time more than they do for guys talking amongst each other about crime they committed and getting arrested for it when someone overhears and reports you. They consider those types just dumb criminals, stupid idiots who should've never said anything in the street. But in the end, when those individuals keep their mouths shut within the legal system, and take their time, and doesn't rat out their friends, that overwrites what they did to be caught in the first place. When you testify, to save your ass, you're simply a no-good rat bastard, and there's no coming back from that.

Amen!

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904678
01/15/17 05:27 PM
01/15/17 05:27 PM
N
night_timer Offline
Capo
night_timer  Offline
N
Capo
Even though non-Italians won't get 'made' due to traditions, they can still be associates. Roy DeMeo had non-Italians in his crew and they were called on to do a lot of work because they weren't afraid of getting blood on their hands. Richard Kuklinsi also said he performed hits for the mob. He even claimed he participated in the Paul Castellano hit at Sparks Steak House, but he was probably bullshitting.

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" - Anon.
Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #904691
01/15/17 07:36 PM
01/15/17 07:36 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

Amen!

I agree with you FOH. I simplying stating if the two blacks guys kept there mouths shut , likely they never get indicted for it . They took a murder contract and botched it and bragged about it , They only have them selfs to blame. they should of been whacked. but at the end of the day they did stand stall and are men. The strollos are scum I think its actually pretty disturbing the goverment let Lenny keep his cash.
Does anyone know IF the feds even offered bernie A deal?

Last edited by strococs; 01/15/17 07:36 PM.
Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904717
01/15/17 11:06 PM
01/15/17 11:06 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
I can't imagine the Feds offering Bernie a deal. I'm sure they wanted him out of their hair once and for all. Henry always said that Bernie was doing life on the installment plan. He finally made his last payment.

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #904867
01/18/17 07:52 AM
01/18/17 07:52 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
I can't imagine the Feds offering Bernie a deal. I'm sure they wanted him out of their hair once and for all. Henry always said that Bernie was doing life on the installment plan. He finally made his last payment.

I guess once they had Lenny , Bernie was of no value anyway. Well I guess tehre is some credio to Bernie going to the box knowing he had no chance as a one last fuck you to the feds

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904892
01/18/17 12:50 PM
01/18/17 12:50 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Two things that came into play: Bernie was a 3 time looser and no deals could be made. Besides, Bernie would never rat - period!

Lenny "ratted" in 1999 after the only person that would have dealt with him the "old fashion way" died in 1998.

The only question that I really don't have the answer for is did Lenny get or even need permission from Michael to put out a contract on Ernie, who was not a made man?

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #904934
01/18/17 09:00 PM
01/18/17 09:00 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
Two things that came into play: Bernie was a 3 time looser and no deals could be made. Besides, Bernie would never rat - period!

Lenny "ratted" in 1999 after the only person that would have dealt with him the "old fashion way" died in 1998.

The only question that I really don't have the answer for is did Lenny get or even need permission from Michael to put out a contract on Ernie, who was not a made man?

FOh , That is a good question, didnt you post about Zebo warnin Ernie many times. So you have to assume at least Zebo knew about it. Well do you think Michael would of signed off on the gaines shooting? We can only speculate , The one guy left alive who knows that answer and its Lenny,

Re: Jeff Riddle, the black that wanted to be made [Re: furio_from_naples] #904936
01/18/17 09:38 PM
01/18/17 09:38 PM
A
americafyeah Offline
Capo
americafyeah  Offline
A
Capo
nicky barnes was the closest thing to a black made guy. bmf were frauds. big meech wasn't a gangster.it feels wrong to even put his name in the same sentence as a real boss like nicky

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull