GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 245 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,372
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 155 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: cdn_wiseguy] #904702
01/15/17 08:37 PM
01/15/17 08:37 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cdn_wiseguy
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Thanks Ciment. Interesting sentence regarding the Silvano brothers taking over for the D'Amico family in Granby. I wonder how that played out.

The walked into Granby and said this is ours now. Then they got busted.

Really? I hadn't heard that. D'Amico's were not intimidated at all by Arcadi. Did they put up a fight against the Silvano's?

All kidding aside, the senior D'Amico went back to Italy while I remember that his sons went living in the DR. Perhaps their former turf was up for grabs and the Silvano's stepped in.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: cdn_wiseguy] #904716
01/15/17 10:52 PM
01/15/17 10:52 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Thanks Ciment. Interesting sentence regarding the Silvano brothers taking over for the D'Amico family in Granby. I wonder how that played out.

The Silvano brothers had caught my attention as well when I first read this article.There is not much written about them and yet according to Daniel Renaud they seem to control several areas.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904718
01/15/17 11:10 PM
01/15/17 11:10 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nati...rticle22586192/

Patrizio D'Amico is mentioned in this article at the Dominican Republic.

Maybe leaving Granby was voluntary and the Silvano's are associates of theirs.

Last edited by Ciment; 01/15/17 11:17 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #904722
01/16/17 12:29 AM
01/16/17 12:29 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904729
01/16/17 09:49 AM
01/16/17 09:49 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
The mafioso would be hunted for six months by important actors of the crime with which he has incurred a debt following an import of drugs that went wrong.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/01...cendie-criminel

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #904730
01/16/17 10:01 AM
01/16/17 10:01 AM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
Been a while since I posted here. Pretty crazy that the war is still on in Montreal.

I had stated in the past (years ago) that the Calabrians (criminal element) in the Greater Toronto Area were more numerous than people thought and people were trying to say on this forum and others that there were maybe 40-50 Ndrangheta in the GTA. Does anyone today actually believe there are only 40-50 Ndrangheta in the GTA?

If they've had any influence on the war in Montreal - which most people think they have - there has been very little retribution on them in the GTA.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904737
01/16/17 10:28 AM
01/16/17 10:28 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Of course....the same way Vitale said Montreal had about 20 made members or so

Considering how insular the Siderno group is,its not surprising people think there's only roughly 40 members

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904739
01/16/17 11:06 AM
01/16/17 11:06 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
The Siderno group doesn't make up the entirety of 'Ndrangheta groups in the GTA though, if I'm not mistaken.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904743
01/16/17 11:22 AM
01/16/17 11:22 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Siderno is loosely referred. Families come from competing villages

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Dwalin2011] #904753
01/16/17 02:42 PM
01/16/17 02:42 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

I will definitely watch it, but unfortunately we all know it will have an open ending with many plot holes and loose ends, there is no way to avoid it any more, the only possibility has been lost when the dumb judge didn't give Raynald Desjardins a life sentence, that could "stimulate" him to rat. He was the only one who "could" (theoretically at least) tell enough to clarify how things really went in details.

I'll watch the show just to watch it. It is an interesting story and could be good if they do it right.

As for Desjardins, he could have gotten life and he wouldn't have flipped. It just ain't happening.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #904759
01/16/17 03:01 PM
01/16/17 03:01 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: eurodave
The mafioso would be hunted for six months by important actors of the crime with which he has incurred a debt following an import of drugs that went wrong.

The article is short on details as to a possible motive as to why Pizzi, his businesses, and personal property have been attacked for such a long period of time, but are we to understand that the reason may have nothing to do with factional disputes but everything to do with his botching up of the drug importation?

Are the people attacking him part of the faction he is in?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904763
01/16/17 03:28 PM
01/16/17 03:28 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: antimafia

The article is short on details as to a possible motive as to why Pizzi, his businesses, and personal property have been attacked for such a long period of time, but are we to understand that the reason may have nothing to do with factional disputes but everything to do with his botching up of the drug importation?

Not for nothing an RCMP officer stated that they didn't see evidence of a new mob war and that they believed these were a matter of internal purges. Could this mean that they are saying that there is infighting within the Sicilian faction? Arcadi vs. the round table?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904765
01/16/17 03:34 PM
01/16/17 03:34 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

When the Rizzutos had problems with the D Amicos, the dispute lasted quite along time before it was potentially resolved. Maybe thats why they haven't killed him yet?

Large drug seizures and debts can definitely result in some serious repercussions by suppliers and wholesalers

What would you do if someone owed you millions in drug money ?

Last edited by eurodave; 01/16/17 03:37 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904773
01/16/17 05:08 PM
01/16/17 05:08 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Whether this war is internal or not, if they are smart they should stop. All they are doing is weakening themselves to the point that the HA will be there to pick up the pieces.
I came across a book that I bought called " The Road to Hell" print 2003.
The book is about the Hells conquering Canada. There is a passage revealed by an informant working for the Hells that Mom Boucher wanted to wage a war with the Italians after they were done fighting with the Rock Machine. If true it goes to show you what their objectives were back then. Will the Cazzetta's and their cronies aspire to the same objective is something to think about ? Moms idea was to eliminate competition in the drug trade and the Italians, according to him, were their biggest competitors. He went as far as sending someone to film people going in and out of a Cotroni funeral.

Last edited by Ciment; 01/16/17 05:23 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #904776
01/16/17 06:08 PM
01/16/17 06:08 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ciment
Whether this war is internal or not, if they are smart they should stop. All they are doing is weakening themselves to the point that the HA will be there to pick up the pieces.
The book is about the Hells conquering Canada. There is a passage revealed by an informant working for the Hells that Mom Boucher wanted to wage a war with the Italians after they were done fighting with the Rock Machine. If true it goes to show you what their objectives were back then. Will the Cazzetta's and their cronies aspire to the same objective is something to think about ? Moms idea was to eliminate competition in the drug trade and the Italians, according to him, were their biggest competitors. He went as far as sending someone to film people going in and out of a Cotroni funeral.

It's interesting and I think the Hells have the manpower to do it. However, the Italians in Montreal have connections all over the world. Politically and economically they are far more powerful than the bikers. The Italian Mafias control a large chunk of the global drug trade and they have very good relationships with the South American cartels and other suppliers. If the bikers annihilate the Mafia in Montreal who wants to do business with them? Not to mention the potential vendettas from the Mafia's associates and vast families. This is a fantasy that you'll only see happening in Marvel comics.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #904778
01/16/17 06:30 PM
01/16/17 06:30 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss

Ciment,

Do you remember in which book there was a passage about a Hells Angels leader in Quebec -- Normand Robitaille, I think -- having met Vito Rizzuto at a restaurant in the early 2000s? The meeting was wiretapped. During the meeting, Rizzuto told the HA leader that if the Angels crossed Rizzuto, the mafia would give them more trouble than the Hells had seen with the Rock Machine.

Back in the early 2000s, I think Rizzuto's statement would have been true. I no longer think it's true because the Montreal Mafia organization, as you write, is being weakened.

On another topic, one that has been discussed in this thread and others, did anyone think that the following part of the article written by one of the Business or Blood co-authors in February 2015 (a few weeks after the publication of the book) seems odd now? (The article was published on Jerry Capeci's ganglandnews.com site.)

The crime family that Vito Rizzuto left behind after his sudden death 14 months ago remains relatively intact and is still the dominant underworld force in Montreal today. Its leaders are mostly Sicilians and are primarily in their forties and early 50s, and they have mended their connections to the 'Ndrangheta cells in Toronto.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904779
01/16/17 06:44 PM
01/16/17 06:44 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Great posts antimafia.

It would seem that when they released that article, it was mostly accurate as we saw with the arrests or the table set up by Rizzuto, handing down the crown to second and third generation mafiosi.

I guess most of us didn't expect the challenge to come so soon, the deaths and violence to erupt once more

Last edited by eurodave; 01/16/17 06:45 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904781
01/16/17 07:12 PM
01/16/17 07:12 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Ciment,

Do you remember in which book there was a passage about a Hells Angels leader in Quebec -- Normand Robitaille, I think -- having met Vito Rizzuto at a restaurant in the early 2000s? The meeting was wiretapped. During the meeting, Rizzuto told the HA leader that if the Angels crossed Rizzuto, the mafia would give them more trouble than the Hells had seen with the Rock Machine.

Back in the early 2000s, I think Rizzuto's statement would have been true. I no longer think it's true because the Montreal Mafia organization, as you write, is being weakened.

On another topic, one that has been discussed in this thread and others, did anyone think that the following part of the article written by one of the Business or Blood co-authors in February 2015 (a few weeks after the publication of the book) seems odd now? (The article was published on Jerry Capeci's ganglandnews.com site.)

The crime family that Vito Rizzuto left behind after his sudden death 14 months ago remains relatively intact and is still the dominant underworld force in Montreal today. Its leaders are mostly Sicilians and are primarily in their forties and early 50s, and they have mended their connections to the 'Ndrangheta cells in Toronto.

It was the sixth family page 312.
In the book road to hell Mom Boucher did consider that they would be tougher but his long term plan was to wage war with the Italian but he said for the moment he will deal with them through diplomacy.
I believe he really thought he was indestructible.

Last edited by Ciment; 01/16/17 07:17 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904783
01/16/17 07:27 PM
01/16/17 07:27 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I agree the article written by the Business or Blood author does seem out of place now. Even us on this forum our theories or analysis on this war keeps on evolving.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #904787
01/16/17 07:45 PM
01/16/17 07:45 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

It's interesting and I think the Hells have the manpower to do it. However, the Italians in Montreal have connections all over the world. Politically and economically they are far more powerful than the bikers. The Italian Mafias control a large chunk of the global drug trade and they have very good relationships with the South American cartels and other suppliers. If the bikers annihilate the Mafia in Montreal who wants to do business with them? Not to mention the potential vendettas from the Mafia's associates and vast families. This is a fantasy that you'll only see happening in Marvel comics.

You make an interesting point also. All I am saying is that there is another enemy the Montreal mafia has to worry about.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: dixiemafia] #904788
01/16/17 07:56 PM
01/16/17 07:56 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

I will definitely watch it, but unfortunately we all know it will have an open ending with many plot holes and loose ends, there is no way to avoid it any more, the only possibility has been lost when the dumb judge didn't give Raynald Desjardins a life sentence, that could "stimulate" him to rat. He was the only one who "could" (theoretically at least) tell enough to clarify how things really went in details.

I'll watch the show just to watch it. It is an interesting story and could be good if they do it right.

As for Desjardins, he could have gotten life and he wouldn't have flipped. It just ain't happening.

Whether your for or against,I agree with you he ain't flipping. He is one tough of a S.O.B

This guy was waging war and at the same time he manages to take a vacation to Italy and plan for his daughter's wedding.

Last edited by Ciment; 01/16/17 08:02 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #904790
01/16/17 08:05 PM
01/16/17 08:05 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss

Ciment,

It was the sixth family page 312.
In the book road to hell Mom Boucher did consider that they would be tougher but his long term plan was to wage war with the Italian but he said for the moment he will deal with them through diplomacy.
I believe he really thought he was indestructible.

I forgot that the meeting--and in particular the comment by Rizzuto--was discussed in The Sixth Family. Looking in that book, I am starting to remember where else I think I saw mention of the interaction: a book about Dany Kaye.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904792
01/16/17 08:43 PM
01/16/17 08:43 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I had forgotten too until you mentioned it.
The book I just bought has several passages of Dany Kane. He was the informant I was talking about earlier.

Last edited by Ciment; 01/16/17 09:26 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904810
01/17/17 08:18 AM
01/17/17 08:18 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/international/ame...s-quebecois.php

Five Killed in Mexico. One Canadian,an Italian and a Colombian among the victims. Bar owned by Quebecers.

Paragraph translated from article:

"According to our sources and some information from the Magot-Mastiff survey, which decapitated Montreal organized crime in November 2015, Grégory Sénécal, 39, is co-owner of the popular discotheque. Mr. Sénécal was reportedly seen in the company of gang leader Gregory Woolley, who is one of the main individuals arrested and charged in the wake of Magot-Mastiff. Mr. Woolley is still being held in custody and is accused, among other things, of gangsterism and conspiracy with former Hells Angels warrior Maurice Mom Boucher to assassinate Raynald Desjardins."

Last edited by Ciment; 01/17/17 09:01 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904813
01/17/17 08:42 AM
01/17/17 08:42 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Last edited by Ciment; 01/17/17 08:45 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904820
01/17/17 09:23 AM
01/17/17 09:23 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Rizzuto-Sollecito headquarters in Laval molotved....again.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...en-de-laval.php

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904825
01/17/17 01:21 PM
01/17/17 01:21 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904830
01/17/17 02:22 PM
01/17/17 02:22 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Interesting timing wouldn't you say?

Molotov this morning, recent arsons and murders...

Last edited by eurodave; 01/17/17 02:48 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #904832
01/17/17 03:08 PM
01/17/17 03:08 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Whether your for or against,I agree with you he ain't flipping. He is one tough of a S.O.B

This guy was waging war and at the same time he manages to take a vacation to Italy and plan for his daughter's wedding.

Yep it's crazy. Not to mention an attempt on his life in the process. Gotta give those Canadians (Sicilian, Calabrian or home bred) some credit, they are getting hardcore up there.

It's like they are all walking around with guns and molotovs up there. Real life GTA lol

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904868
01/18/17 07:58 AM
01/18/17 07:58 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Last edited by Ciment; 01/18/17 07:59 AM.
Page 34 of 155 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull